Author Topic: I made my way back... After almost DYING...!  (Read 2167 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
I made my way back... After almost DYING...!
« on: March 06, 2020, 10:43:26 PM »
Hello old friends,

HOPE SOME OF YOU MISSED ME!?

I have made it back to the land of UO after being gone for close to 2 years. I did not quit as I was medically related to staying in the hospital with a rare blood disease until I received a stem cell and bone marrow transplant. I am cured now and while I am on temporary disability I have lots of time to play UO. I miss you guys. I so wanted to dive in and play. It was like going through drug withdrawals. To refresh your memories these are the things that I love to do in the game: Rares Collecting, IDOCs, Champ Raids, and Fishing/Mining on Scripted characters. UO strangely seems to draw many of us back. I have two accounts over 20 years old and two others 15 years old. I do not want to give those up by any means. So what is it about UO that keeps driving us back. Is it flavored with some addictive coated chemical? Are we secretly in love with Messana? Do we take our role-playing too far? Is it a stress reliever? Do we use it as a substitution for killing people in real life? When we raid, is it the bank robbery side of us that comes to life? Maybe it is like eating candy? Or is it like the saying "You can't eat just one Lay's Potato Chip..!

I am looking to find scripts for Inventorying houses (for my rares too) and characters and a good PVP Champ Raiding Script (if these do not already exist).
I want to upgrade my resource gathering scripts for fishing, mining, lumber, etc.
Good IDOC Finder (Rails)
Was hoping that the Medusa Egg Farmer has been finished and tested
I am just being honest and forthright...

Shout OUT to my friends (in Random Order as to not offend anyone): Endless Night, Twinkle McNugget, TrailMyx, Neo, Gimlet, Manwinc, 12Timesover, _C2_, Crisis, The Ghost, UOMaddogs, and anyone else I may have forgotten. It has been close to 2 years. Ahem! Preview keeps changing S c r i p t y's name to Twinkle McNugget. Who is that? ROFL...!

I want to start contributing again to the Forums and give helpful suggestions as I did before. I am not a Scripter but I have been trying to teach myself. As I have been in the past, I am a great bug tester and suggestion maker. I love this game of UO. Wondering how the free aspect is going? Something about pixel crack and building and creating things digitally that you think you own. One day it could all disappear. God forbid...!

Give me a shout and let me know what you are up to? Anxious to make some cool hookups and help out when I can.

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
    • View Profile
Re: I made my way back... After almost DYING...!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 06:26:12 AM »
While we have never really conversed, I have read a lot of your posts here. Let me say it is good to have you around after a serious health issue like you described.

To me, the free to play is too limiting. If I am playing, I need a house and a boat. The bank is weird on those accounts because if you had more than 20 items in the bank, you can look at everything, but can't get anything out. It would have been more fair if it worked like on TC where you can't add things to your bank, but you can remove stuff (until you have pulled it down to an inventory < 20). There is some way to increase it slightly (28?) by buying something, but I never read further.

Current patch on the TC is all about IDOC changes. Not my thing, but seems like they want it to work in Felucca like doing Harrower. You will need a team to loot anything with a bunch of people PVP-ing to protect the unarmed player breaking into the containers to try to get something. Considering their goal is to get rid of scripting-from what I read it seems it will just increase the scripting.

Fishing has some new stuff to it last year.

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Romilys

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Romilys has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 08:57:28 AM »
Are there different gms for different shards or are you from Drachenfels which used to be may playground. Glad you are that far revovered to be able to play again I hope you could store your stuff in time, that you only need a plt to place a house and continue playing.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 09:24:22 AM »
Welcome back Oracle,  I don't really play much but I do pop in and out and tinker with scripts sometimes.   I'm glad you are on the up and up.   You may have forgotten but Twinkle McNugget not welcome here as he turned out to be a major douche-bag and pissed off just about every single senior board member.

I hope you find what your looking for, they just changed idoc-ing so that might be a fun place to dive into.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 06:09:49 PM »
Hello Oracle. I've been lurking on and off here over the last couple of years an I happened to stumble upon your topic today. ... I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, but I'm really glad to know you're better now! I'm always rehearsing coming back to playing UO these days, but never really get around to it. I do miss the days...

Glad to see you back here as well. The scriptuo community is definitely what still keeps me attached to the game, even if I'm not actively involved. And it only gets better with you around!

I hope you have fun coming back here, and find the stuff you're looking for.

See you around here! :)

Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 07:57:11 PM »
That will explain the vanishing of your presence.   Glad that we can put your name of the group of  the fighter and  the survivor.   With the long recovery ahead, you will have time to read  your backlog post.      A few of us have been holding the fort and  have been a steady increase on member.  Only 5% have been active, most of them just grab and go.   

One think you mind like, is we now have a discord channel.

Welcome back.

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 04:13:32 AM »
I have not used Discord as of yet, I hear that it is really the best Vent program. Discord is something I definitely want to check out.

Hopefully, I do not have a long recovery time. They say it is about a year maybe a year and 6 months. As long as it takes to grow my own bone marrow back. Most important is Hemoglobin production. Mine is at 10.8 right now, which is not that bad. The minimum for long physical activity is 13.1 and higher.

It just feels good to be back here and on UO. I did not really know what I was missing until I couldn't play for such a long time. I assure you it was not by choice. I am definitely going to have to start building back my Script Library. I did have some of you guys (bad English, I know) awesome scripts. At times, I just loved watching them run. Entertaining and profitable at the same time. I did not realize that it was so hard to start back up again. I still have my 4 accounts, but no houses, yet. I made sure that all my good pieces of stuff were in the bank and mule carried.

Thank you for all the welcome backs and good wishes. It makes me feel good, blessed, and that people remember me.

* I have to start over to get the green status... it is ok! It makes me work harder...
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline unisharp

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • unisharp has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 05:12:42 AM »
Hello, welcome back!  I can't begin to imagine what you've been through but I'm glad you made out well!

Basically Discord is the equivalent to a forum with voice chat - a platform for communication which is actually built on Google Chromium (among other frameworks)

Also, I have two scripts you may be interested in, however, if you are unfamiliar with Stealth UO client you may need some help to get up and running.
I do believe there is a decent amount of existing information on posts, but I don't mind helping in addition.

EggFarmer - http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=13165.0
Actively working on this right now.  Is it perfect?  No.  Rarely some odd occurrences happen like it'll miss an egg or not enough snakes around.  Once it comes back through the rail though it'll pick that egg up fo sho.  I'm talking this project down a bit because it's not fully optimized, but it does actually work pretty nicely at the moment.

LootLogger - http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=15645.0
I noticed you had interest in finding something that would log every item in your house.  This app does something similar and can be extended upon easily.  At the moment, it will go through every container in your house and log all your Armor, Weapons, Jewelry and Shields - but you can add more item types if you want.  There are functions to extract this data to an XML file.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 07:23:46 AM by unisharp »

Tags: