Author Topic: Returning Player - Learning all over again  (Read 732 times)

Offline BryanTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Bryan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Returning Player - Learning all over again
« on: December 21, 2021, 09:26:03 AM »
Heya!

Very excited to be back into Ultima Online. I started playing in 1997 with my Pre-Ordered game from Electronics Boutique. Prior to that, I was a huge fan of the series from Quest of the Avatar up until The Black Gate. Wasn't a big fan of Pagan and didn't even bother with the last in the series. I stopped playing around 2003-2004 I believe. During my time, I was a Counselor on the Lake Superior Shard and pretty active in the role playing community there. I was in the Lord British Loyalists in the "Divided lands". Following my decision to leave the game then, my Ex at the time took control of my account (This I did not know until recently).

Stopped playing a mobile game a few months ago and decided to check out Ultima Online again. After several months, I was able to retake possession of my Original 1997 Account and went through the process of evaluating everything on it. It helped quite a bit to have a few rares to sell off for capital to start off with!

I have always read about some of the applications out there for Macroing, but I was always too afraid to mess around with them, for fear of being banned. That being said, I am pretty proficient with AutoHotKey and have used that extensively in the past on some other games as well as with training some new characters that I have started since returning. I will probably ask a lot of really dumb questions as I get back into the swing of things, so please be patient with me and remember this is a LOT for me to take in.

Excited to be here and look forward to learning and possibly contributing one day.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Returning Player - Learning all over again
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 12:13:52 PM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Returning Player - Learning all over again
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 04:37:18 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Tags: