Author Topic: Can I help?  (Read 3038 times)

Offline PillerTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Piller has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Can I help?
« on: October 27, 2022, 01:30:23 PM »
Seeing that I now have acess to 1000s of hours at work I like to help as much as I can. Unfortunately my last coding class was basica/pascal so adding a script to the library is beyond my ability at this point.

If anyone is working on a new script and needs it run on osi shards I have an open char slot, house, gold... and I am stuck in my office 1-2 days a week and can watch something run and give detailed feedback.

So if anyone does need any help please please feel free to ask. 

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Can I help?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 07:52:51 PM »
If you have programming fundamentals, you can definitely succeed at scripting. Lots of interesting options there with a variety of scripting tools.

I don't have anything that is workable on my project list - meaning I don't have time to write stuff for the next 6 weeks. So I can't offer anything up that can be advanced.

What kind of projects interest you? Do you see a need for something useful that either hasn't been done or needs updating?

"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 06:38:24 AM »
my basica class was in 1985 so its a little outdated as am I  :-[. I am looking threw the scripts and trying to get familiar with it but this is going to take a while if I am able to comprehend it at all.

My point is that I am really enjoying this site and I have never been one to be a leech at anything in life so I would like to contribute. I was trying to think of how I could possible do this. I know the game really well and if someone was stuck and waned a fresh set of eyes on something I have the time and tools I could do that. I know with many things in life sometimes when you hit a wall a fresh et of eyes might help.

As far as what kind of projects im interested in I am starting uo fresh again so I have worked up the mule skills with thanks to this site and am currently going to try to make a mining and lumberjacking script run. I got LJ gm last night and will work on that today. Withount this site it would have takin months to gm the skills i have done in the last week so in my mind I owe you guys.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 07:39:52 AM »
are any scripters currently playing tammers? I had an idea for a what seems would be a simple script but take care of a big problem. I could write it out in basic if anyone is interested but would need help transferring it to modern script.

Very basic one of the big problems with pet training is maxing there healing on pets like the CU that bandage heal. Once maxed at 120 the size of the heals gives them a great jump in survivability. My thought is if possible discord pet, drink poison, CU will bandage you, CU gains healing for curing poison. To avoid AFK death a max HPR suit would probably regen more health than the poison. We could add failsafe's into the script but I if this is doable I would like to keep the script very basic so i can see my idea/programing put into scriping so i can learn what im doing and possible contribute.

If there is any interest let me know I will experiment, time things out, and write the scrit in basica language before I would need help.

Offline ZigZagZebra

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ZigZagZebra has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 11:55:02 AM »
I can confirm a regen suit 18hpr ticks faster than lesser poison decreases hp

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 09:55:05 PM »
I have a simple script that casts poison on my tamer and keeps an eye on my health. If I get to a certain threshold and the pet has not cured me, then I cure myself and reset.

I like the additional thinking about using discord on the pet. I don't know why that never dawned on me. Without discord, I believe this method caps out around 113-114. That would not be hard to add.

I have initially trained healing wearing a Cloak of Corruption or being in Lich Form. Either of these reduce your HP, but will not allow you to die. If you are concerned about karma, then 45 minutes in Wind taking out the demons and you are back at Lord/Lady. Your bonded pet will happily heal you as long as you are logged in. A non-scripted method is to hang around a popular bank where players pop in and out with your journal open - which just their names updating the journal was enough to keep you logged in. Another method was opening the New Magincia bazzaar vendor menu to remain logged in.

I have a suit with 100% LRC and self repair (or no durability on the items, like a Pendant of the Magi), so that there isn't a durability issue to content with when casting poison on myself for these training sessions.

I just looked at my script - it is kinda ugly, but shows the pet skill progress and adjusts accordingly. It doesn't cast poison on my tamer until the pet can actually have a chance to cure poison.

I have attached the routine that reads the pet values. It requires having the script kalocr.txt in the same directory as your easyuo executable. Feel free to incorporate that into your script, if you wish to post it.

The routine intentionally strips the decimal point from the value, because EUO numbers are integers.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
Pet_Skill_Reader_Heal_Anatomy.txt
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 10:00:50 PM by Gaderian »

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2022, 06:12:45 AM »
I will check this out tonight and make a report. I was reading online that people are taking up poison on there tamer so they have disc/mage/poison and disco pet, cast poison on them, let pet cure itself. My question would be if I wrote a script for this is there any way to monitor a pets health? Seeing the animal lore does not update like a players health bar im not sure if it would be possible.

I will let you know tonight how the above script runs. TY TY

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2022, 08:25:02 AM »
Pet health monitoring is event status command.

Under tutorials there is a thread that explains all the undocumented updates to EUO and how to use those.

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2022, 08:13:51 AM »
To train  healing on your pet,
1)  I also ensure I dont add HPR until I'm done train and leave the Poison resist as low as I can.   
2)  Find a location where you pet can be poison and yo wont die :)  .
3)   Disco your pet. ( you or a guildmate).

Eodon have those Diine,  they are good  at poisoning :)  at some point  you will need 2 of them.   

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2022, 02:13:40 PM »
Last night I tamed a dimetrosaur and trapped it in my house. I set  my CU on the other side of the large forge that was separating them and disco the CU. I stood behind a wall (so i didn't get poisoned) and went to bed. I think it has been running about 12 hours and healing went from 95.7 to 114 and chiv went from 89 to 112.6.

No script running just let them to attack each other.

Another positive note the dimetrosaur poison spell went from I think around 40 @ tame to 90. At GM poison and poison breath these are great pets for the bar room @ roof. Not many people train them because poison takes forever so 2 birds 1 stone.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 02:23:33 AM »
I had my cu healing me. Poisoned myself. GM magery or maybe higher - 0 poison skill. My cu never achieved 115 poisoning, so it was basically where you indicate your pet arrived. It stalled out between 114-115. I even let it run for probably an extra day and it wouldn't budge from that value.

Many skills have either a 40 (magery) or 50 (most skills) point range for the range of chance to succeed from 0%-100%. Curing poison with healing/vet starts at 60 or so. I have never read where additional levels of poison actually make it more challenging.

This kind of reverse engineering would be so much simpler if we just had pet soulstones. ;)

Has it gone any higher for you with your setup since you posted that?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 03:51:44 AM »
ran it threw last night and healing and shiv are 117ish. I was stuck @ 114 healing for hours and hours. I think the healing gains have to do with the poison skill of the dimetrosaur. After the dimetrosaur hit 0ver 95 poison the cu started gaining again. Currently the dimetrosaur is @ 96 poision and I just noticed the CU went from 117-117.1 so he is still gaining.

Just for the record the dimetrosaur is wild not on a 2nd acct I tamed and released.

I am going to try another one when I 120 this one. I think raising healing to 120 and then chiv may be better. What I am thinking is as I watch the CU as soon as he gets poisoned he spams the chiv cure spell so unless he fails to magic cure 2-3 times he does not have a chance at a bandage healing gain.

As for the dimetrosaur I think at higher skill he may be casting higher lv poison. So that being the reason he was stuck @ 114 instead of the normal 20 skill point difference in this case it works with the level of poison.

Please let me know your thoughts like I said I cant scipt but do want to help so I will do a few CUs to figure out the best technique for everyone to use.

Just checked @ lunchtime (5 hour run time since I posted this) and healing is @ 119.6 his chiv is 120. I am stuck in the office today so i have snuck on and got 4-5 whispers in. dimetrosaur poision is at 97.1 currently

Just for the record a discorded CU 86.4 = 120  82.8=115

Just hit 120 on healing, watched the last few points and he gained during whisper and without.

Total run time (total guess) 30-35 hours from 95-120
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 08:19:24 AM by Piller »

Tags: