Author Topic: remote/network namespace idea  (Read 12462 times)

Offline goatmasterTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • goatmaster has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
remote/network namespace idea
« on: July 19, 2008, 09:44:51 AM »
Howdy TM,

I have been using SUO to do my scripting the last few days and it has been excellent. I love these features you have put in there such as the sub land user variable lists, just incredible from all these years being used to EUO.

I was thinking about the namespace and thought of an idea for some sort of network enabled namespace where you could have multiple PC's on the same LAN, and have SUO connect to each other and pass the client namespace data to each other.

Being over a LAN, the data would be low latency and broad enough to handle data pretty much just as well as local namespace? i hope i wouldn't be the only one to think that would be a useful feature.  :)

Anyway, very good work with SUO so far!!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: remote/network namespace idea
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 10:20:16 AM »
Howdy TM,

I have been using SUO to do my scripting the last few days and it has been excellent. I love these features you have put in there such as the sub land user variable lists, just incredible from all these years being used to EUO.

I was thinking about the namespace and thought of an idea for some sort of network enabled namespace where you could have multiple PC's on the same LAN, and have SUO connect to each other and pass the client namespace data to each other.

Being over a LAN, the data would be low latency and broad enough to handle data pretty much just as well as local namespace? i hope i wouldn't be the only one to think that would be a useful feature.  :)

Anyway, very good work with SUO so far!!!

Good deal, glad you like it and it's working well for you.

That's an interesting idea for the network enabled variables.  I would have to ponder how one might exploit those, but it might be something that could be made relatively harmless if thought out correctly.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: