Author Topic: Thrasher vs. Miasma loot  (Read 55090 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Thrasher vs. Miasma loot
« on: August 06, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »
+1
Are these guys on comparable loot tables?  At one point, Cerveza got me jazzed about going to Massima for some uber lootz, but I never really got geared up well enough to stand up and tank like Cerveza could.  So I'm wondering if Thrasher might be more my cup-o-tea.  Actually, I think my gear is ok, but I'm a big puss.  lol.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 03:44:54 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Thrasher vs. Massima loot
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 12:51:44 PM »
+1
You mean Miasma TM? LOL! I haven't fought Thrasher he's in the Blighted Grove right? Maybe I should go check that out now so I can comment on his loot...

I used to be in total awe of players going toe to toe with Miasma and I wondered how the hell they did it. When I first starting fighting Miasma I had to drink potions, buff all spells I had in my arsenal. Now with my current template I can just stand and use consecrate and he'll drop hella fast. It's all about template and gear no real magic behind it. Now the big challenge for me is solo'ing Peerless. Miasma is easy TM not much you need to do to make it feasible. What's your template so I can knit pick it!?

But back to the topic at hand Loot! I like Miasma for 2 reasons one he kicks out gold 2200 every drop and he often drops a level 6 chest which is always fun to mess around with. I have occasionally picked off some decent items and jewelry plus with Miasma everyonce in awhile I'll get  Marty pop in my back for my valor.

I'll go check out thrasher and see what he has to offer.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 12:55:39 PM »
+1
Lol, yes, I script however I spell poorly.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »
+1
Miasma and Thrasher are on the same loot table which is also the same loot table as Swoop, etc.

TBH, out of the two I would recommend Miasma. It is easy to lure all of the spawn aways there so that you don't need to contend with Rend and all of the Minotaurs and there are far fewer people wanding through luring spawn over since there are no peerless keys to be obtained in Labyrynth.

Scorpion Slayer malee weapon and vamp form and you should be able to farm pretty well. Or just use your tamer with a G Dragon or something. Using a sampurai with a luck suit can give you some great loot, especially with the Honor luck bonus stuff.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline rana70

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • rana70 has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
    • MyScripts
Re: Thrasher vs. Miasma loot
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 06:34:23 PM »
+1
I agree .. doing Miasma with a G Dragon has only one problem .....
You need a 2nd char with a beetle to move the loot away :-)

Just block he door in the northwest corner with a few chests
and you don't need to worry

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 08:26:31 PM »
+1
I may have to run out and tame me one of those then.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 08:29:04 AM »
+1
alright.... I really never got into the sampires or what not... but my mage bard on the other hand is my favorite character. 6x legendary bard. i tkae out thrashers all day long without many problems.  they fall within 10-20 seconds. im looting with the claw, so i spend most of the time looting.  ive pulled some sick *bleep*. i average about two arti's an hour 3 if i get lucky. my method i can almost script.  i pop two evs and discord each thrasher.  exiting is easy the only thing you need to make sure you have bone machetes to re-enter the grove. for lot its about 1500 a drop.

Offline Bullmoose

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Bullmoose has no influence.
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 04:46:26 AM »
+1
I agree i like Thraser much better. but i have a hard time Miasmia on my dexer. the only difference is you dont get the chests.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 02:09:53 PM »
+1
Anyone know whether the spiders Sabrix and Lissith are on a similar loot table? What about Venom and Malice, or whatever they are called? I have hunted the spawn of both and think that V&M actually have more potential as you can insta spawn them by moving over their bog.  I have been thinking about taking a sampire there with a spider slayer and seeing what I can do...
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 02:25:52 PM »
+1
I farmed Miasma relentlessly while testing CLaW and TM's Healer. I was rolling in items, gold and occasionally drops and set items. It was very simple with the Vamp build. A nice Scorp slayer with some Mana leech, honor + eoo + ls = quick kills. I'd finish looting about the time the next one spawned.

I liked to hang back by the East entrance, about 2 steps in. That way I'd have more time to finish looting when the next one spawned, before he got to me. Timing was right for the rule set I had with the looter.

I've seen the EV guys and the tamers try doing Miasma. Truth is that I was MUCH faster then they were. You'll notice two different type of Miasmas. One was a 4 hitter (sometimes 3) and the other was like a 12 hitter. I think it was like a paragon Miasma or something. The difference was HUGE and too large to be just bottom and top stats.

Now Thrasher is a walk in the park compared to Miasma. A tamer can do him fine, much easier then doing Miasma with a tamer. Thus, you can use a much higher luck suit. Loot is about the same, so I'd say Thrasher would be better overall, just because you can put on your luck gear and take him out, where it's a little harder with Miasma.

The spider twins are too easy with a spider slayer. I was doing them both for a while. The only problem I ran into was the quickness of the spawn. I didn't finish looting before the next spawned, and my script would try to honor while dragging items for looting. I had to pause the honor while the looter was active, and missed some honors... no biggie though since they go down so fast with a good spider slayer.

For farming these guys.... I'd say best loot would be thrasher with a tamer wearing a luck suit. Easiest would be a Whammy or Sampire doing the spiders. Best balance of difficulty and loot would be Miasma.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
+1
an added note. that if you have a treasure hunter, you will rack in the paragon chests with miasma. Thrasher you will never get a paragon chest.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 03:34:32 PM »
+1
As I said in another post TM, Miasma is pretty whimpy depending on your skill set.

I am running a whammy, I only use EoO, Concecrate, and lighthing strike. Like Cerveza says, some are 4 hitters some take 12. As long as you get honor up the drop pretty easy either way. I carry G Cure pots with me because his poison is pretty nasty. I run with a Faction + suit so have all 70's resist.

I go in where he spawns, honor and run out between the two buildings outside. Miasma respawns almost as soon as you kill him, so I like a little time to loot. He CAN have GREAT loot. Here is a example of a bracelet I pulled off one this morning.

Int +5
HCI 12%
DCI 11%
DI   11%
Energy Res 12

Plus like is stated, you have the chance to get some martys, para chests and set pcs. He always carries between 2100-2600gp, so bring a bag of sending.. I go outside and recall home when I am loaded up with chests LOL.

You play my shard, so if you want to give him a try, let me know, I can bring a mage up to heal you a few times til you get the hang of him.

Toptwo

The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline KilroyIsDead

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • KilroyIsDead has no influence.
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 05:46:41 PM »
+1
I've been soloing miamsa last few days with a whammy.

First should I use a shield, as it degrades the parry, but I don't care too much about parry, right?

Second I use soul seeker, should I change to Scorp Slayer?

third how do you loot these? they spawn too fast
Give a man a fire, he'll be warm the rest of the night;
Set a man afire, he'll be warm the rest of his life.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2009, 06:38:12 PM »
+1
FIrst, if you have Bushido with Parry you should ditch the shield. I don't know about you but I sure do like to get hit less :P

Second, yes definitely will do more damage with a Scorp slayer.

Third, I have no effing idea lol. I can never loot fast enough!

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2009, 06:55:23 PM »
+1
Cerveza had things optimized so that he was looting and keeping up with the things going on while farming Miamsa.  And that was on his klunky old komputor.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: