Author Topic: Starting to Imbue...?  (Read 2947 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Starting to Imbue...?
« on: October 01, 2009, 07:20:46 AM »
Last night I decided to jump on the BandWagon and start training Imbueing...I made a new character with 50 Imbueing and 50 Magery.  Then Soulstoned that skill to an existing character that is also a Blacksmith (and Human, I will Soulstone it back to a Gargoyle once I get to 120).  I was told to start out by crafting as many GM Made Daggers that would fit into my pack, then Imbue them with Hit Dispel 2%.  This is where I get lost.  Where do I get the Magic Residue to Imbue these?  I can buy Amber from a Jeweler or Provisioner, but don't know where this Magic Residue comes from.  What other difficulties will I find after I finally get this Magic Residue and finish the Daggers that I have crafted?  I see that Endless Night has an Imbueing Helper and Massacre a Magic Residue Factory, but unfortunately I do not have a Fletcher at this time...

I may be looking at this wrong and trying to bite off more than I can chew.  I want to do it right and get to 120 as fast as possible, but even though I know where I am supposed to go, I am getting lost along the way!

Any help, direction, instruction, tutorial, or "slap in the face" would be greatly appreciated...
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Starting to Imbue...?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:29:16 AM »
No problem oracle.  You get magic residue from items that have enough magic properties on the item.  So if you have a lot of low end magic items laying around put them in a magic unravel bag and viola you will have some Magic residue to work with.  I recommend getting about 10,000 Magic residue to start with so you can actually work skill a little.  My script was just to make it a little faster to get magic residue to your hands.  If you have a gm carpenter i have heard you could make oak bokutos and then unravel them for residue, but i have not tried this yet.  Just throwing some ideas your way. Also there are people in luna selling residue on vendors now also.

Offline darktee

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • darktee has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 11:32:26 AM »
or you can use a gm fletcher/armslore making bows(because of 100% exp chance) with oak. use a normal fletching kit crafted/buyed by a tinker. Then unravel. I did this and now got 20k magical residue for training imbuing

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 04:43:10 PM »
I'm seeing residue selling for 2k per on some vendors on Lake Superior so if you have any left over there might be a market for it.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline xapcx

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • xapcx has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 04:46:26 PM »
it is selling real good on LS.  I have been selling it for 100 for 200k and 1000 for 750k.  both are selling as fast as i can stock it

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 05:31:53 PM »
Wow its really selling that fast .. i better fnish my script and start burning wood and ingots like a crazy person.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 05:43:46 PM »
start burning wood and ingots like a crazy person.

It's like you're reading my mind or something......
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Tags: