Author Topic: JaF's Relic Fragment Machine  (Read 30944 times)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: JaF's Relic Fragment Machine
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
I got to say C2 i think yours was by far the best.. and i tried a few including my own.

Wow, That means a lot coming from you man... your code rocks.

Offline JustAnotherFaceTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 11:31:54 AM »
BTW JaF, I looked at your code and Garaths and there's absolutely no similarity.  I think he's just mad with moderator skills and envious of your code.  lol.

Thanks TM!! Of course, I knew that already, being the author of my code... but at least everyone else now knows I didn't just steal his code and try to pass it off as my own lol.  I think it was the fact that he wanted to have the ONLY relic maker.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely! 

Oh well, I had only posted it there for a couple of people that I know that have as of yet been too lazy to join here.  From this point forward I expect the only reason I will even log on there will be to DL the new EUO versions.

I see it as thier loss! Lol

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 11:37:31 AM »
I was afraid that they would indeed take the ability away to "craft" fragments.  Maybe we can find a loop-hole somewhere... Lord knows EA isn't always diligent in totally fixing an issue when it arises.  Hopefully there will still be another way to make this work.  I will be on the search!

Sorry this was a very short lived script... as it actually functioned pretty well.... at least for me.  I made just shy of 2k fragments. Would have made more, but had to sleep sometime lol.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 11:42:13 AM »
From this point forward I expect the only reason I will even log on there will be to DL the new EUO versions.

Well, we'll certainly appreciate your work here.  It's booming around here lately, so it's good to get some additional blood.  No spiffy PSL here, but you might get some more personal "atta-boys" and some more useful feedback from this community.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 11:49:01 AM »
You may have noticed that a few of use no longer post scripts on EUO.. for simular if different experiences.

But like TM said the more the merrier Here as and i say many versions of the same thing as possible as long as your having fun doing it.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2009, 12:00:10 PM »
along with what TM and EN said, the community here is more personal.  If you need help, you ask, chances are you will receive it in a very short time frame.  And you also wont find people with holier than thou attitude. 

Thats what makes this community great!  And good to have more.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 12:02:59 PM »
Well, I did log in there once more just now......I logged in and deleted the links to the scripts I had posted there, and changed the original posts to read "Removed by author, I'm done here"

Thats some site they are running there.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 12:14:05 PM »
We can be pretty heavy handed here; but only if someone is a jerk or is posting obviously plagiarized code.  But we'll put a bit of thought into it, confer amongst the gmods and admins.  Cerveza has the Vorpal Ban Hammer, so that's one to watch out for.  LOL!

But we *will* ridicule the leechers; that's one of the only pleasures in life left.  heh
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 12:14:37 PM »
Well, I did log in there once more just now......I logged in and deleted the links to the scripts I had posted there, and changed the original posts to read "Removed by author, I'm done here"

JaF

+1 Karma from me for that...
Oh..and -1 Karma for that new guys intro....so you break even...LOL J/K
+1 Karma it is!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 12:15:51 PM »

But we *will* ridicule the leechers; that's one of the only pleasures in life left.  heh

Man...you got that right TM! Damn Leechers!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2009, 12:30:34 PM »

JaF

+1 Karma from me for that...
Oh..and -1 Karma for that new guys intro....so you break even...LOL J/K
+1 Karma it is!

LOL! Thanks TT!!  And in my defense,I DID tell him 3 times what he needed to post in his intro...what can we do? I wasnt close enough to look over his shoulder while he was typing it lol.

Thanks again...
JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 01:10:50 PM »
Hey JaF thanks for sharing this script even though it was short lived. I was able to make 320 relics or so. Would have been more but I ran out of oak and residue again!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 01:50:23 PM »
I'm running it now. The first time I started the script, it crafted a bracelet then did nothing. I got a message in UO saying "You cannot use that skill directly". I stopped and restarted the script and it did it yet again... Tried a third time and now it's working. Not sure what the problem was before.

For future reference, what happened here, is that you crafted a bracelet that was not 'exceptional' and it could not imbue properties on a non-exceptional item, so the Imbuing message comes up that says, "You cannot use that skill directly".  Perhaps it should have said, "You cannot imbue that", or something similar.  When you stopped and restarted you created a new exceptional bracelet the third time.  

Thanks JAF for providing this script.   It helped me to get a total of 342 Relic Fragments, before it died this morning.  Which may cause the price of Relic Fragments to shoot up in value.  We still need to farm the other ingrdients depending on what we are going to make such as Undying Flesh, Demon's Claws, Fairie Dust, and a host of others...Time to sharpen the blades and get out spellbooks and waving my arms!
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 07:42:17 PM »
Hey JaF thanks for sharing this script even though it was short lived. I was able to make 320 relics or so. Would have been more but I ran out of oak and residue again!

Thanks Only!  Glad it worked for you!

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2009, 07:47:34 PM »
I'm running it now. The first time I started the script, it crafted a bracelet then did nothing. I got a message in UO saying "You cannot use that skill directly". I stopped and restarted the script and it did it yet again... Tried a third time and now it's working. Not sure what the problem was before.

For future reference, what happened here, is that you crafted a bracelet that was not 'exceptional' and it could not imbue properties on a non-exceptional item, so the Imbuing message comes up that says, "You cannot use that skill directly".  Perhaps it should have said, "You cannot imbue that", or something similar.  When you stopped and restarted you created a new exceptional bracelet the third time.  

Thanks JAF for providing this script.   It helped me to get a total of 342 Relic Fragments, before it died this morning.  Which may cause the price of Relic Fragments to shoot up in value.  We still need to farm the other ingrdients depending on what we are going to make such as Undying Flesh, Demon's Claws, Fairie Dust, and a host of others...Time to sharpen the blades and get out spellbooks and waving my arms!

Hmm... Is that how it works?  I feel pretty certain that I crafted some non-exe bracelets and I didnt get that message.  I mean I am bound to have created some non exe ones, i burned thru upwards of 50k residue....
I will log on now and craft a non exe bracelet just to try it out...you could be right though! 

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: