Author Topic: Anyone have a bulletproof Drag / Drop Sub they could post??  (Read 2563 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone have a bulletproof Drag / Drop Sub they could post??
« on: November 03, 2009, 01:33:20 AM »
I've been using   sub Moveitem    from EUO etc for awhile now & I still have periodic problems with it....  I occasionally run into problems with it trying to exevent drag something B4 it dropped the previous item.. or it fails to register that it actually did drop the item because of a ghost image of said item in your backpack etc..  Anyway I was just wondering if there was a better standard out and about that people were using that I wasn't aware of.   Perhaps TM's included some slick journal scanning etc heh..  Anyway.. was just curious... all this dragging and dropping of blue / red / yellow crystalls to my secure isn't as stable as I'd like...     >  ;- )

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Anyone have a bulletproof Drag / Drop Sub they could post??
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 01:38:00 AM »
You can pretty much zero any problem with ghosting by opening the source container before dragging.  We do this with the quester, and it literally does 10000s of iterations.  Since we initiated this method, we've had ZERO ghosting complaints.  Just about any generic move function can be adapted.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 02:20:13 AM »
I did the exact same thing with the unload routines in my miner, only way to deal with ity really.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Scrripty

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 03:17:17 AM »
You can pretty much zero any problem with ghosting by opening the source container before dragging.  We do this with the quester, and it literally does 10000s of iterations.  Since we initiated this method, we've had ZERO ghosting complaints.  Just about any generic move function can be adapted.

I fixed the AXE area lumberjacker so it worked flawlessly when unloading at home secure with this very fix. :)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 05:55:54 AM »
Sounds like a script I have started working on .. care to team up on the project.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 06:27:46 AM »
I find an issue with spiky connections.  I am considering playing with a drag check during the drop proccess.

exevent drag #findid #findstack
wait 15
while #liftkind (whatever the command is for having somethign on your cursor
  {
   exevent dropc %secure
   wait 20
  }

maybe this would stop it from redragging while it had something and causing issues
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 06:30:57 AM by _C2_ »

Tags: