Author Topic: GM Visit - Pacific  (Read 5483 times)

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
GM Visit - Pacific
« on: November 12, 2009, 10:54:01 PM »
Today I was visited by a GM while I was mining in Ter Mur.  Good thing is that when I mine, I am often watching my Miner while talking on the phone or doing paperwork at my desk.

What I wanted to share with you is that I was asked 4 Questions:

First the GM said to that is a very nice looking Robe.  Where did you get it?
Second, he asked me what color it is.
Third, he asked me if I owned a home.
Fourth, he asked me if I liked playing the game.

Yes sir, I am actually playing the game.  I am right here watching my Miner...   :P

GM's name was Flippen...

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: GM Visit - Pacific
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:09:48 PM »
Luckily you were there! Did they freeze you or anything or did you stop yourself from recalling around?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:13:38 PM »
4 Questions! MAn they must of thought you were running One hell of A Script!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline OracleTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 09:34:55 AM »
I was using 12x awesome Mining Script.   This basically gives me a "wake-up" call.  I knew I was mining to close to the City and frequent pop-ins were probably alerting people that I was running a script.  So the first thing I am going to do now is to mark my Miners' runes farther from the City, in areas less traveled, on top of the mountains in the snow areas, and in a little more dangerous areas, but my Miners also have combat skill to fend off those pesky sliths!  Using more than one Runebook to recall around also would have been helpful.  (Hint Hint)!

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 11:24:15 AM »
*sigh* I know, I know   :-\

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 11:36:21 AM »
Cross Fielding Mages! BUAHAHAHAHAHA Wanted to do that for a while, Backup Necro mages that follow you around and simultaneously crossfield a target :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 06:00:57 AM »
Cross Fielding Mages! BUAHAHAHAHAHA Wanted to do that for a while, Backup Necro mages that follow you around and simultaneously crossfield a target :)

I have got to get this script.  Every thread I read, someone taunts me with a reference~!  I am currently running 3 accounts and I'm not shy about running a fourth to build my army...

Perhaps manwinc needs someone whacked, or needs me to facilitate a bank loan or fix a traffic ticket...?

:)

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 06:40:54 AM »
First the GM said to that is a very nice looking Robe.  Where did you get it?
A: *Frightened Look* You can see me?  Well I got it at Kohls 50% off sale, no you cant have it!
Second, he asked me what color it is.
A: You said it looks nice, obviously you know what color it is.
Third, he asked me if I owned a home.
A: Why yes, with the governments new tax incentives for first time home buyers, my wife and I were able to buy a 2500 sq ft house, right on the waterfront of Lake Michigan.  Its got (then proceed to give dimensions of every room including garage)
Fourth, he asked me if I liked playing the game.
This was a fun game, can I ask you questions now?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Mac

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mac has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 02:15:46 PM »
Im setting up XII's miner on a test run to see how it performs, but you may want to double take a look at spewys, there are several options that a novice scripter will overlook even when using it in ter mur.  Multi book mining is possible in ter mur, i should know i have been doing it since the abyss expansion.  Ever see a deed of 60k crystaline blackrock?

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 03:16:03 PM »
So what I'm wondering is how you CLEVER people actually script the reply to GM's.....  I used to know a guy that said he had all GM txt messaged to his smartphone so he could reply that way.   I've also heard of 3rd party custom software that uses AI chatting software to generate a semi decent response heh...    Anyway, was just curious..

http://cleverbot.com/

Offline Mac

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mac has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 05:40:13 PM »
I use an app on my phone to monitor my account(s) while im away.  It's nice to know when you have an issue either mechanical or social.  As for automated responses, I have seen some very well written scripts, but some things just need to be handled by an operator.  But it would be humorous to respond to a Gm with: "please press 1 for english..."

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 07:48:22 AM »
clever bot told he it liked the game but didnt own a home and had a black robe and got it from its parents harwork  (thats right not hardwork... its clever but cannot spell).

your best defense against GMs has always been and always will be "NOT TO GET PAGED ON"   .. ie if players don't see you they cannot page on you and thus you will not be visited by a GM.    But its still good to have alerter of somekind for those stupid why did i put that spot in the runebook moments.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 08:07:43 AM »
Ahhh.. so nice of you volunteer EN !!!  I've heard good things about a certain 'Overseer'  = P   

On a side note...   Yea totally right about the avoiding getting paged on 1st aspect.  I've written my own version which has served me well enough for years, but I've annoyed enough people that a rare few have resorted to Auto logging, hidden trial account chars that auto page heh.   For those I just find a spot in Fel worth some scripting time & HOPE they try that game there lol.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 08:11:10 AM »
Ahhh.. so nice of you volunteer EN !!!  I've heard good things about a certain 'Overseer'  = P   

No idea what your talking about ...  maybe its this http://www.uoguide.com/Overseer_Sundered_Blade or this http://www.uoguide.com/Exodus_Overseer  ;)
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline bodfather

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • bodfather has no influence.
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 03:02:58 PM »
  I got a canned message a few weeks ago. No joke! I just happened to check on it and i had a message from GM starts with an A something (not hole either lol) saying "can we chat whenever you get back?"

I logged out for the day needless to say.

Tags: