Author Topic: Easy way to 120 your smithy from 100  (Read 4194 times)

Offline WilkTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Easy way to 120 your smithy from 100
« on: November 20, 2009, 10:04:48 AM »
So the other day I was trying out CEO's new turbo smithy to no avail. It was trying to craft baskets instead of tongs, and the wrong type of weapon. I "shout boxed" for a clue of course. TT responded that CEO's script didn't work for him either and said I should use boomerangs to train all the way to 120 from 100. 12TimesOver suggested to just make a macro with it using Razor. I use uoassist, but it's all pretty similar anyway.

I went from 100 to 120 and I only needed to fill my backpack 11 times while doing it. Here's what I did:

Empty pack except for tinker kit.
Added 4500 ingots.
Made around 15 tongs.

Made a uoassist macro to:

Make a boomerang.
Smelt the boomerang.

Your macro will look like this initially:

Use item
Menu selection
Menu selection
Target

You need to change your lines by right clicking them to this:

Use Item Type
Menu selection
Menu selection
Target Item Type

If it's not giving you the option for Use Item Type then just count resources first.

You then need to add a pause in between the 2 menu selections. You add the pause by hitting the "Pause After" button to your left. So highlight line number 2, and add your pause. The time will vary depending on your ping. I ran it a while with 500 as my pause, but then I got laggy on my server and I had to raise the delay to 750. So your final macro will look like:

Use Item Type
Menu selection
Pause 500
Menu selection
Target Item Type

Then set your hotkey on Keys "Play Macro".

The final thing you will need to do if you use uoassist is go download uoloop.exe (if you don't already have it, and if you don't shame on you!). UOloop is by far my favorite little tool in the game. All it does is hit a key over and over for you on your keyboard. Generally F1 thru F12 is the easiest. The timer set on uoloop is set as 1 second = 1000. I ran mine for this boomerang macro at 2250 (2.25 seconds). If your macro needs more time depending on your lag, just increase the timer.

I only needed to fill my main backpack 11 times to go from 100 to 120 smithy. I don't know how long it took because I would only check it every so often, but still 11 times is pretty nice. I used just under 49000 iron ingots. Do NOT use a talisman.

If you already have a script that does this cool. If not, then this is another option. Sorry for the long winded kiddie details. Just trying to cover all the bases so there are 0 questions afterward. :p

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Easy way to 120 your smithy from 100
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 11:37:06 AM »
And if you do use Razor you can just check the "Loop" box on the macro ;)

True story!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 11:49:49 AM »
And if you do use Razor you can just check the "Loop" box on the macro ;)

True story!

X
Film at 11
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 11:50:36 AM »
This would probably be an easy quick script to write with makelast and count resources.  Then skill check 120.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 05:46:59 PM »
Just figured I'd expand on this one. I do this for tailoring as well, in fact it's more effective for training Tailoring than it is even for Blacksmithing. It's also easier to do with Razor than with UOA.

For starters, every little second, or fraction of a second, you can save per loop works out to be major time saved from the duration of training. For example, just using the tool every loop adds a fraction of a second to each loop thus "Use Item Type: Tongs" can add a half second to every loop. Add that to the time it takes to wait for the gump to perform the menu action and you've added a second or two to the loop already and you haven't made a thing yet.

With Razor you are able to perform "if" based logic within your macros. So, instead, consider the following Razor macro:
Code: [Select]
GumpResponse (Button 1999)
Pause .50 sec
Double Click (scissors (0F9E))
Wait For Target
Target by Type (Oil Cloth (175D))
If (SysMessge "You have worn out your tool")
Pause .50 sec
Double Click (sewing kit (0F9D))
Pause .50 sec

This macro simply requires you hit Start only after you've opened the initial Gump (in this case a sewing kit gump). Then it only uses a sewing kit again after the Sysmessage is true. Considering that an exception kit averages 100+ uses you are saving roughly two minutes per kit by not having to Use Item Type Sewing Kit every loop.

Also, notice button 1999, this is "Make Last". Basically I train for a while until I skill-up enough to switch items, I then create the next item, then retarget the scissors target to that item and away I go, no re-recording the macro.

Here is the macro in Razor:
Code: [Select]
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|1999|0|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3998|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|3
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|False|5981
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|you have worn out your tool
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00:5000000
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3997|True
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00:5000000

Anyhow, I'm feverish and likely only making sense to myself so I'll wrap it up.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 02:18:19 AM »
Made a script for this... :)
Coragin

My Facebook

Tags: