Author Topic: Any room in special projects for plants?  (Read 4175 times)

Offline CoraginTopic starter

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Any room in special projects for plants?
« on: January 20, 2010, 11:07:24 AM »
Okay with the help of En, C2 and others I have numerous scripts to do numerous things with regards to plants. 

Filling bowls with dirt
Watering dirt and planting seeds
Setting security on locked down plants so a dummy account can do your gardening
Locking down 100's of plants
Moving decorative plants to a secure (for sale or clipping into dyes)
Moving plant bowls into a create to destroy to make a small stack of 100

The idea here is to come up with a single script to do all this that is menu driven.  Than add in plant tending using ocr.  The goal of that is to do away with hort o matic which uses your mouse and basicly makes your computer un-useable.  Plus there is so much in hort that just flat out dont work.

Now the reason many should be interested in this. 

Plants are used for seeds of renewal.  (ive made about 50m on atl just doing plants.)
Plants are used for the new dyes.
Plants are used for green thorns
Plants are used for ornage petals.

Many resources and gold to be made off of plants, we should take advantage.

The final question is, is there room in any special group to add this?  And is there people willing to work on it?
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Any room in special projects for plants?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 03:24:30 PM »
I know this has been mentioned a lot...but there is still HoM2 out there...

Unless your goal is to complete something on your own for the shear joy of it.  In that case, I offer my (limited) assistance coding and enthusiastic testing.

:)

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 04:32:12 PM »
Hort isint working for much except to tend anymore.  It dont move anything like its supposed to, also it requires you to not use your pc due to unchecking "dont move mouse"

Basicly its an outdated script that needs to be redone.  I cant do the ocr stuff, but i know a lot of people would like a working version that will do it all and work correctly.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 05:09:21 PM »
holy crap 50 from seeds of renewal I am so in the wrong business. i know we use the hort thing just for orange petals and would love to see a more functioning script. I wish I was able to actually help but I doubt my knowledge (what little i have lol) could help

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 05:51:15 PM »
I have mentioned this before on another thread, but I would love to have a working and functional copy of Hort-O-Matic 2, where you can still use your computer and gon't have to have the "Don't Move Cursor" un-checked.  I would be willing to jump in and test this to the fullest extent.  I currently have 720 plants growing and can easily have another one or two sets of 720 plants growing.  Begrudgingly I still use Hort-O-Matic 2 at least once a day...count me in on the Special Project!

There are so many things that I do not like about HOM2, such as having to have all of your seeds seperated when you add them to the Plant Bowls...but this is the only Plant Tending Script that is halfway decent...
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 11:25:15 PM »
Well I guess all we need now is a special projects area that has room.  I looked in a few of them and one or two might be able to have room for this.  TM?
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 07:56:23 AM »
Sorry, haven't had alot of time lately.  I'll check and get back to ya.  It's a bit of a pain to clear out one project to make room for another.  Just time consuming to copy everything and then reset the rights.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 08:08:52 AM »
Sorry, haven't had alot of time lately.  I'll check and get back to ya.  It's a bit of a pain to clear out one project to make room for another.  Just time consuming to copy everything and then reset the rights.

Well can always add it to an existing project, Twinkle McNugget expressed interest in working on this.  And it seems our imbuing project is dead.  Maybe just let elites work on it for now and add it along with whatever project exists there.  That way you dont have to reset permissions, purge anything or nothin right away.  Just need a central place to start new topics I guess, this is gonna be one of them longer projects me thinks.  I can ask Twinkle McNugget if he minds adding it to his, if he says yes just post it there?

Oh and did you get a chance to check out the working beta I posted?
Coragin

My Facebook

Scrripty

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 08:15:44 AM »
You can put it in there Coragin if TM says it's good.  I like to keep the area clean tho, so don't make 100 posts please. :)  Actually if you need your own post, just send me the name and I'll post it up now. 

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 08:20:21 AM »
I would say it makes the most sense getting a thread in the elite section until TM can get around to clearing out a special project section for it.

Scrripty

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 08:22:58 AM »
I would say it makes the most sense getting a thread in the elite section until TM can get around to clearing out a special project section for it.

Plus we can add anyone we like there.  And if you trust them enough to work on the Hort, they can probly have access to my script as well. :)  Plus save TM a little headache/work in the process.  Win win.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 08:35:29 AM »

Plus we can add anyone we like there.  And if you trust them enough to work on the Hort, they can probly have access to my script as well. :)  Plus save TM a little headache/work in the process.  Win win.

Ya, that'll work great guys.  Sorry, but lots of interviews and juggling several contracts at the moment.  At least I'm not starving any more.  heh
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • It Is What It Is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »
Okay TM, if you can move my post of it to the special project (or I can start a new one).  I made the post in submit your script.
Coragin

My Facebook

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 02:43:03 PM »
Coragin, Just let me know where I need to go to start working on it...
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 04:10:29 PM »
Same.  I'm available to test, tweak and critique.  Probably more of #1 and #3, but I'm in!

:)

Tags: