Author Topic: Sampire Medusa Rare Egg Collector  (Read 11901 times)

Offline JackCiaranTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JackCiaran has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Sampire Medusa Rare Egg Collector
« on: April 08, 2010, 04:15:11 AM »
Alright, I made this scripts  rail system that isn't that great but works ( I am currently trying to learn how to work trailmyx's rail engine but its being very complicated with me, but I'll change when I figure it out) but the script will run around the medusas lair (north of the alter). Use a sampire that likes to whirlwind cuz thats how you stay alive =). but the script will run around and click all the snake nests looking for eggs and cast close wounds at the same time just so you don't get your hand stuck to often.  This may be a lil obvious but I have ran it past few days and no one can tell except they think your an ass hole lol... and slander the way you collect eggs hehe

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
mEDUSAEGGCOLLECTOSAMEASONE.txt
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:18:16 AM by JackCiaran »

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
Re: Sampire Medusa Rare Egg Collector
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 05:43:39 AM »
I am guessing your the guy on ATL running around the building of the medusa lair....it looked like it was fairly effective except I came down and found you dead at one point (if it is you)

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »
 wow Twinkle McNugget you just opened up a lot to me on saving that code! haha thank you I didn't realize I can use "for" (thats new to me still haven't had the chance to learn it since I am learning by writing things that I'd like) I'll be posting my changes soon! I'll be pm'ing you soon about another project if you don't mind that I'd like some feed back on.

I am guessing your the guy on ATL running around the building of the medusa lair....it looked like it was fairly effective except I came down and found you dead at one point (if it is you)

hehe I play many shards and have many friends but it is quite effective for my scripting skills lol.... only getting better! and its not perfect but works well and I dont mind dying since they are blessed eggs! but the spawn is rough on the weapon and armor!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 12:36:10 PM »
Alright I tried using your suggestion but now I can't seem to pathfind to my locations I might have an error somewhere

gosub TM_AdvJournalSync EGGS 100
WAIT %WAIT5
FOR %COUNTER 1 %MORE
{
EVENT PATHFIND %X . %COUNTER %Y . %COUNTER . %Z . %COUNTER
  gosub TM_AdvJournalScan EGGS none CAN'T_GET_THERE
  IF #result = #FALSE
  {
GOSUB CHECKHEALTH
    wait %wait3
  }

or is it suppose to be something like this? ( im not to familiar with the for command )
also should I set the %counter to something? from reading on easyuo i didnt think I need to

gosub TM_AdvJournalSync EGGS 100
WAIT %WAIT5
FOR %COUNTER 1 1 %MORE
{
EVENT PATHFIND %X . %COUNTER %Y . %COUNTER . %Z . %COUNTER
  IF #result = #FALSE
  {
    wait %wait3
  }

Scrripty

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 12:45:54 PM »
Well you're doing the same thing in every movement sub that you have.  You can combine all that.  Be carefull when editing stuff you don't understand, go to easyuo.com and read the documentation to figure things out.  I can see you're trying, you're just messing up on syntax and understanding what you're doing.  So read read read. :)  You changed what I had written to not be correct.  You added another period and changed spacing...  This is more in the right direction, but still not finished code.  I don't understand what you're doing, I'm just guessing based on your code, so I can't write it for you.  I haven't collected eggs before. :)

Code: [Select]
set mainloop:
repeat
  for %counter 1 %numberOfWaypoints
  {
    event pathfind %x . %counter %y . %counter %z . %counter
    wait %howLongItTakesToMoveToSpot
    IF #result = #TRUE
    {
        gosub TM_AdvJournalSync EGGS
    }
    IF #HITS <= %HITS
      gosub checkHealth
    FINDITEM PBN G_15
    if #findCnt > 0
    {
      REPEAT
        GOSUB BREAKNEST
        GOSUB ANOTHERATTACK
      UNTIL #FINDCNT < 1
    }    
  }
until #true = #false
[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:09:36 PM by Scripty »

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:04:08 PM »
One suggestion when using the journal scanner.  When you "sync", you should call that when you are responding to a #TRUE result.  If you don't, then you run the risk of missing an event because something might pop up in your journal right after the execution of your journal scan that runs unsuccessfully.  If you flip your logic, then you will always clear the scan after a valid journal hit.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 01:10:09 PM »
One suggestion when using the journal scanner.  When you "sync", you should call that when you are responding to a #TRUE result.  If you don't, then you run the risk of missing an event because something might pop up in your journal right after the execution of your journal scan that runs unsuccessfully.  If you flip your logic, then you will always clear the scan after a valid journal hit.

Sorry, changed it to be more correct, but I'm sure this is NOT working code.  I just wrote it to give you an idea. :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 01:13:15 PM »
Sorry, changed it to be more correct, but I'm sure this is NOT working code.  I just wrote it to give you an idea. :)

I'm just keeping you honest!  ;)

No need falling into the same holes I've fallen into over they years.  I'm hear to put up orange cones around those holes.  heh
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »
Code: [Select]
FINDITEM PBN G_15
  IF #FINDCNT > 0
  {
    set #lobjectid #findid
    SET %B #findid
    REPEAT
      finditem %B
      if #finddist >= 1
      {
        event pathfind #FINDx #findy
        WAIT %WAIT1
        if #RESULT = #TRUE
        {
          IGNOREITEM %B
        }
      UNTIL #finddist <= 1
    }
alright looking at the logic here could someone help me answer this? is my repeat going to be broken if I ignored the item and it is farther away? ( i believe it worked when I was testing but im going over everything and this has caught my eye )
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 03:26:21 PM by JackCiaran »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 06:31:57 PM »
Script moved to inactive scripts.  (If you disagree with the move please pm me.)
Thank you for the script submission and we look forward to your return and this scripts finialization.

Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Tags: