Author Topic: Good intro example: sooo.. I fell off the wagon again.  (Read 21493 times)

Offline baldielocksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
Good intro example: sooo.. I fell off the wagon again.
« on: April 26, 2010, 06:09:32 PM »
After a two year dry spell, I have fallen off the wagon :'( and come back to UO for a bit. I have played off and on since T2A. I played on Baja the longest, but am now on deserted Lake Austin. I play PVM mostly, because I am old and my reflexes suck. Working on PvP, but there I am afraid I am a lost project.

Why did I come back? Nostalgia for one. But I have played several games in the past two years, and none has the complexity of UO. I tried evony, and was #1 on server 61 in 2 weeks and stayed there for three months. I tried Fallout 3, and played it several hundred hours. Even tried my hand at facebook games. No other MMORPG has ever held a candle to UO as far as I am concerned.

I am a retired Navy vet, two years into civilian life. I am a contract trainer at Boeing, teaching people how to build the world's finest aircraft.

I have a lovely 39 year old wife, (red head, 5 foot 4, 107 pounds, 34 D (fake)), who works out daily and has a SMOKING bod after four kids and living with me for 13 years. My oldest son is 22, my youngest is 16 ( yup, I married a lady with four step kids. At least all are from the same father lol :P).

I remember Trailmyx, but not sure you remember me. I searched for his name on GOOGLE and found this site.

I used to write numerous guides on skill gaining and running vendors, plus hunting tips and newbified feedback on scripts on several boards. I even wrote a script once on UOcoders, but it sucked. It was a gold at your feet stacker.  *late edit* On UO Coders, I wrote and posted the first ever intensity charts for fletcher and carp runics, plus added intensity charts for all tailor and smithy runics.

I have a vertical learning curve ahead of me in the game, and look forward to scriptuo making that a little easier. Might even try my hand at scripting again. During T2A, I used macro programs to capture movements on screen as scripts (did the tape a penny trick too).

In advance, I thank all the scripters kind enough to share their talents and scripts on sites like these with those of us less skilled. 8)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 06:19:13 PM by TrailMyx »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: sooo.. I fell off the wagon again.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:38:50 PM »
Come back to Baja. And You shall Learn this PvP's.

Actually you shall learn how to try to kill blues who like darting in and out of GZ :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
How is Baja these days? I should make a character and check it out.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 07:46:23 PM »
What was your user name on UOCoders?  Welcome, BTW!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 02:26:59 AM »
Welcome to SUO baldielocks. Thanks for the intro!

And thank you for your service.

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 04:08:32 AM »
NIce intro and glad you found your way here.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 06:11:51 AM »
I remember him and if I am not mistaken he used the same name over at UOC.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 02:32:05 PM »
Baja is lame.

SI still have massive quantities of blues that they send in waves. They like hiding in Guard Zone, trying to act tough, and have allied just about everyone on the server. They keep a few Faction Stealth/Spirit Speak archers around for getting res kills on faction players and trying to get some pop shots on redlined characters. (Weak)

Cartel is back (somewhat). All Running super speeders and silly ninjitsu mysticism templates.

h20 quit

Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 05:37:11 PM »
What was your user name on UOCoders?  Welcome, BTW!
Baldielocks or Baldguy, not sure which lol. We were talking about the vampurai script i think.

Post Merge: April 27, 2010, 09:38:33 PM
I remember him and if I am not mistaken he used the same name over at UOC.
Thanks Mass, good to see some of the coders still around.

Post Merge: April 27, 2010, 07:40:39 PM
Welcome to SUO baldielocks. Thanks for the intro!

And thank you for your service.

X
Much appreciated, thanks. Now if I could only get the kids to join to get them out of the house.... They clog up my bandwidth!!!

Post Merge: April 27, 2010, 05:42:10 PM
Baja is lame.

SI still have massive quantities of blues that they send in waves. They like hiding in Guard Zone, trying to act tough, and have allied just about everyone on the server. They keep a few Faction Stealth/Spirit Speak archers around for getting res kills on faction players and trying to get some pop shots on redlined characters. (Weak)

Cartel is back (somewhat). All Running super speeders and silly ninjitsu mysticism templates.

h20 quit

LOL, I remember both guilds in their power days. Sad that PvP has devolved to GZ tactics. At least I die like a good pixel, no GZ running for me if you get me.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:42:10 PM by baldielocks »

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 07:50:43 PM »
Was that just you talking in general chat about making a practice pvp guild?
Monkeys and Typewriters!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 04:23:19 PM »
Was that just you talking in general chat about making a practice pvp guild?
Not I. The only practice I am good for is losing insurance money. :D

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 05:14:36 PM »
Ahahahahaha, yeah spawners incorporated lost some insure this morning! 7 of them against 2 of us
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Mad Tamer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Mad Tamer has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Good intro example: sooo.. I fell off the wagon again.
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 09:54:39 PM »
I been playing baja and other servers for years... I saw some funny stuff when I came back recently... Cartel recruiting blues in luna lol...

Tags: