Author Topic: Loot-worthy Items [In Your Opinion]  (Read 8329 times)

Offline KoneskyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Konesky has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Loot-worthy Items [In Your Opinion]
« on: November 04, 2008, 03:42:01 PM »
So I've got a question to throw out there to all of you...

What items do you feel are worth of looting? Properties, Combination of properties, minimum cutoffs... etc.

I've created several looters and superior ones like CLAw exist but they are all up to the user to input what properties they are looking for. What I want to do is create a little bit of a thread here on what items you feel are worth looting. This is a great way to get an idea of what types of parameters to add to your CLAw search list or in your own scripts.

Do you take any wep that has lightning > 40%?
Do you take any meddable item that has >15% LRC?
Perhaps you look for 100% poison weps...

Lets make a list of what is worth keeping/selling/looting and perhaps (if its not obvious) include why... EG:
Any wep with >40% Life Leech and >40% Mana Leeh - Good for use with XXX template

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Loot-worthy Items [In Your Opinion]
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 06:02:45 PM »
nice idea I like it.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 07:04:15 PM »
Thanks Endless, what do you keep? Here are some of mine, i tend to be a packrat tho...

Jewelry with HCI & DCI >10
Any Jewelry or Armor with lots of stat bonuses (for training and new chars) >10 total
Any Meddable armor or jewelry with > 15% LRC (for noob LRC suits)
Jewelry with 3/1 casting
Jewelry with 12% SDI (thats the max and I've got a char with a max SDI suit)
Weapons with 2/3 of the leeches at a high number.. 35-40+
Weapons with high lightning >40%
Any wep with 100% poison
Meddable armor with MR2 LRC and LMC
Anything with >+13 Magery skill (also for new chars and training)
Anything with >+13 Taming... if it has LRC or mage related stuff great... these sell well for tamers
Anything with 100 luck that i can enhance to 140
Any Tally with >28 bonus to skills
Special armor pieces:  acolyte, greymist, assassin, hunter's garb,  leafweave, grizzle, myrmidon, Death's Essence, marksman, Juggernaut, honor etc, i think thats all of em (and some might not all be armor) See here for complete list: http://www.uoguide.com/Item_Sets

Thats about all I have right now, other special items like crystaline rings, crimmys, hair dye etc, peerless ingredients (by item type)...

I don't know jack about weapons and armor though (especially weps) and would love to know some of the properties you guys look for!

Thanks...

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:03:35 PM »
Something else I forgot to mention, I've got houses full of items that i don't know how to evaluate, ie, worth keeping or smelt...  I would love a way to evaluate the properties automatically... I'm thinking this loot list will also be a guide for me to sort my existing junk. I'm thinking i could create a script to go through a bunch of boxes and sort things worthy of keeping and others to dispose of, just dont know enough about whats good and junk. I know some of you lurking out there are into PVP and know your weps off by heart, some help would be much appreciated...

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 08:50:26 PM »
Well another thing to think about is what property intensities are worth y of keeping for SA.  If what I understand about SA imbuing skill is correct... those crap weapons with one amazing prop that we toss out and not overall good enough are going to be come worth saving for their props to make uber items.

Idea is... maybe i am wrong...

keep a lance with 93 life leech and nothing else good. 

with imbuing you can break the item up into properties to be held on mini stones for properties destroying the junk wep.  then u can try to imbue the wep with that property you saved.

Not 100% sure but I think that is the flow of it!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 09:23:42 PM »
Something else I forgot to mention, I've got houses full of items that i don't know how to evaluate, ie, worth keeping or smelt...  I would love a way to evaluate the properties automatically... I'm thinking this loot list will also be a guide for me to sort my existing junk. I'm thinking i could create a script to go through a bunch of boxes and sort things worthy of keeping and others to dispose of, just dont know enough about whats good and junk. I know some of you lurking out there are into PVP and know your weps off by heart, some help would be much appreciated...

Well I'd have to recommend the CLAw for that.  Since you can target a container/body, you can sift through containers and find the items that match your loot criterion.  Now the CLAw doesn't recursively descent through your containers held within like Miffy's Item Finder does, but it does go through a container at a specified level.

Once you get your loot constraints programmed correctly, it's just a matter of targeting all your containers.  There have been several users here and at uocoders that loved the ability to sift through countless piles of items quickly using it (CLAw).  Other people have loved the ability to look at containers and surrounding containers with the Item Finder.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 09:26:15 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »
Hey Cerveza, perhaps it's time to remind the people about the joy of the advanced version of the CLAw?  :)

Just to throw salt into the wound....
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 09:47:56 PM »
another thing to think about is what property intensities are worth y of keeping for SA.  If what I understand about SA imbuing skill is correct...

Yeah, actually when I wrote the follow up to that msg that started with "something else I forgot to mention..." that was the point I wanted to make lol I just forgot what it was (again) haha! Glad you reminded me...

Just to give you a little insight on the imbuing (from what I've read)...  You wont be able to extract exact properties from existing weps... thats what I thought when I first read it, otherwise yeah you would take something with 93% life leech and toss it on an uber wep. What I read described the imbuing skill as 2 parts... the first part is unraveling... which takes a low amount of skill.. breaking down weps into 3 basic ingredients. The first ingredient would be for low level stuff, medium level would be a different ingredient and the rarest ingredient would come from the high end gear. Imbueing would be the process of taking those ingredients combined with other ingredients (Peerless, mining gems, amber from logging, pearls from fishing etc. and normal gems) in certain quantities to achieve particular attributes.

The way the weps/armor/items are evaluated to determine the ingredient they give is based on and from what I read it will be a point system. Essentially its this: An item with an attribute at its max (100%) is awarded 100 points. If an attribute is say 5 out of a max of 10, it will be assigned 50 points. An attribute that is either present or not like spell channeling will be assigned a value of 100 points. Basically items with over 400 points (4 properties at 100% or 5 attributes at 80%) will yield the highest ingredients when unraveled.

It would be nice if we could create (if it doesnt exist and something tells me it does) a script that would evaluate each item, assign a value and we could set a cutoff for scrapping the item or keeping it.

TM, yes I'm sure your CLAw is amazing and I plan on using it but its useless to me right now if I don't know what im looking for, or if I don't know what I should keep... hence the thread :P  Still haven't seen a single reply other than my own listing attributes people look for on items! Come on guys!

-K

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 10:22:24 PM »

TM, yes I'm sure your CLAw is amazing and I plan on using it but its useless to me right now if I don't know what im looking for, or if I don't know what I should keep... hence the thread :P  Still haven't seen a single reply other than my own listing attributes people look for on items! Come on guys!

-K

I've solicited this before, and only Khameleon gave some feedback regarding his looting structure.  I generally keep my looting parameters loose because I still like to opportunity to go back through and look one more time at what collected.  Here's a sample of my loot file I use (taken directly from the CLAw)

OMIT: [sceptre OR lance OR staff OR crook]
Gold
Luck >= 80
Bandages
[ Faster Casting >= 1 AND Faster Cast Recovery >=2 ]
Undead Slayer
Repond Slayer
Demon Slayer
Damage Increase >= 30
Hit Chance Increase >= 12
Hit Lightning >= 40
Hit Mana Leech >= 50
Defense Chance Increase >= 12
Swing Speed Increase >= 25
Lower Reagent Cost >= 18
Sum of Resists >= 50
Sum of STR DEX INT >= 16
Sum of Skills >= 18
Any Skill >= 12
Magery >= 10
Mana Increase >= 8

I have a different looter setup I use for my heartwood quest, but that's posted here somewhere.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2008, 12:12:59 AM »
this is sorta what I use id like to update my looter a little better as i'm not sure how to evaluate that well either, since I've played 90% of my uo life as a Mage/bard

Code: [Select]
Blood Elemental slayer
Demon Slayer
Elemental Slayer
Repond Slayer
Reptile Slayer
Scorpion Slayer
[( [ Damage Increase AND Hit Chance Increase] ) OR( [ Damage Increase AND Hit Life Leech] ) OR( [ Damage Increase AND Hit Mana Leech] ) OR( [ Damage Increase AND Hit Lower Attack] )]
Spell Damage Increase >= 10

I think I'm gonna steal some of Tm's List

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2008, 03:04:37 AM »
As a basis I scan quickly for some of the following then evaluate from there.

Any super-slayer weapon or instrument
Dragon slayer weapons and instruments
Jewelry with +14 or greater skills (I throw away most but some things are good for training still (eg swords, archery, etc))
Jewelry with 1/3
Jewelry with 1/2 and LRC and/or High SDI and/or Skills
Armor with resist totals > 45-50+/- depending on other properties
>90 luck anything
>80 luck if med
>70 luck if med and LRC
>25 SSI bows
Weapons with high mod totals (not just >40 lightning but, say, 120 total in mods not including DI or SSI)
>=15 med LRC - always good to have a bunch of crap LRC suits laying around for scripting activities
25% EP Jewels with additional mods (DI/DCI/HCI/FC/FCR/SDI/LRC)
Regs
Gold
Aids
Pots
Gems

Even a lot of stuff matching this criteria is going to be total crap but this is basically a starting point, much stuff gets tossed from here.

XII

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2008, 05:14:08 AM »
Because i havent been using tm's claw.. and monsters these days spawn so much loot most of which is garbage i just havent been bothering at all. My automated bots generate enough gold to keep me happy for the most part.

But this thread is making me interested in loot again
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 06:08:52 AM »

I think I'm gonna steal some of Tm's List

Just don't go off the deep end like Pearls did with the uber-specific rules.  You'll find out how slow EasyUO is otherwise.

But I'm kinda with EN with the quality of loot these days.  It's very nearly not even worth looting.  Unfortunately there's that 1 in 10000 item that's worth looking at, so you have to evaluate all the other 9999 pieces of crap. 

We can bitch about EA/OSI shards, but you haven't seen crappy loot until you play on a RunUO shard.  I don't run the CLAw on Alexandria because I can guarantee a 100% throw-away result.  Yes, it's that bad.  What's worse is the devs don't realize how bad it is.  They claim to, but since I play both Lexia and EA still, I actually changed my looting parameters until finally I just started looting gold only.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 06:15:53 AM »
Exclude was a major point I made with TM when CLAW was in testing.

If I can exclude a bunch of item types BEFORE the search for attributes, then I greatly speed up the process.

There were a bunch of things on my exclude list.

Also, keeping the rules a little simpler helps a lot. Yes you might have to dump items later, but it greatly sped up the process during looting. And it's better to take a few extra items then miss an uber item due to the corpse getting skipped because your loot routine took so long.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2008, 07:04:30 AM »
This is a very good seperate thread for loot. Since we have had so many new peeps in here, they can easily check out this thread in reference to using CLAw. I been too lazy to set up CLAw, just because I kept crashing with it, but then, I was trying to run it and a rubble scavanger at the time, and, talk about straining EUO.

I fear the imbuing, because, if we stash items away now, we might fill up our places and it might be another year or 2 before it's released. I'm stocking up on ingots right now. For imbuing/unravaeling, I'll say, have a bod book holding bods for low end hammers, once imbuing hits, I can then turn them in, get hammers, use iron ingots, make low end runic weapons, unravel all items without the 1-3 max properties of my liking.

However, keeping items for imbuing or selling, I would have to add in this.

All 100% weapons (except physical)
All UBWS, SC (-1 even), mage armor, night sight  (these are considered 100% intensity for unraveling purposes)
Jewels with resist total >= 25
Dex 8
DCI already mentioned, but I'd want more by itself atleast for PvM, casting lightning strike takes care of HCI

This is my thoughts for now, could add later.

Tags: