Author Topic: Please allow me to introduce myself,  (Read 5431 times)

Offline RheeannaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Please allow me to introduce myself,
« on: July 11, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »
*key up the Stones Song*

coming back to UO, and looking for scripts.  awesome site.  thank you

*screeeeeeeeeeeeeching as the record (yes I had records growing up) is yanked off the turntable***

Um.... suddenly I'm shy, but don't worry.  That won't last long.  I played UO first on dial up just right after Trammel was introduced.   I was introduced to UO from my teenage son then.  I couldn't understand how a "computer game" could be so interesting as for him to dare my wrath, or worst, ignore my call for dinner (he never missed a meal).   So, he let me make a Character, Archer name Sari, on the Chessy Shard.   I was hooked.  I played so much that I had to buy him his own account.   I spent the first three months of my UO experience trying to fight my way out of our small marble tower "guild house."  LOL  I had 100 int and only 40 dex and wonder why I couldn't gm my archery.   ......   Eventually, I got the hang of the game.  I ran into some peeps who help me with my template, I had archery/swords template.  I dabbled in PvP, the only thing that kept me alive there was my gm resist.   I eventually went to Lake Superior shard because of the horrible reverts and lag on Chessy.    I stayed in UO until AoS.   Several things happened then, I became a grandma (yes i'm old damn it, but mildly crazy), and World of Warcraft came out and most of the peeps I ran with went to WoW.   I have played WoW on and off since AoS, went back for a little bit when the elves came out, but eventually left due to the fact that I still could not lure my friends back to UO.

I've dabbled with lots of templates, but I love my pure Bard (with magery of course) the best.  WoW has never had bards and it still lacks something that UO still has...houses...no....just not sure.   I'm enjoying being back.

I am trying to get into a community of players.   I don't play that often as I have a full time job in the legal field.   I don't PvP anymore because my response time is a joke (by the time I remember the macro...i'm taking a dirt nap).

Well thats me.   I love to post on forums where people actually do visit.   So i'll be poking around some more. 

*****continues listening to the Stones********  Paint it Black!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:33:37 PM by Rheeanna »

jesterboo

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself,
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »
if that isn't the best intro I don't know what is. what shard are you going to play, what templete, you give that and I;m sure someone will un restrict your access.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 06:34:06 PM »
*key up the Stones Song*

coming back to UO, and looking for scripts.  awesome site.  thank you

WOW!...all I can say is WOW!

try looking over --------------------------------------------->Here
for scripts, cuz with that intro thats about the best I can do!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 06:42:41 PM »
All the Scripts are located Here

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 06:44:33 PM »
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 07:37:31 PM »
My name is HOV... H to the OV

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 05:07:51 PM »
 >:( cant keep it shut.  :-X . I was excited to find a site of dedicated scripters with a sense of community. I took time and browsed all the rules, because, most of all, I wanted to NOT SCREW UP a good thing. NOt only are some of the best scripts here, but the best SCRIPTERS. "self", I thunk, "dont piss off the peeps you want to learn from".  As I read, DAILY, through these introductions, it boggles my mind that so few would care.
It just confirms my private socio-political theory, O.P.S. Normal. If you ask in this thread, I will explain it. ;)

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 07:24:21 PM »
*key up the Stones Song*

coming back to UO, and looking for scripts.  awesome site.  thank you

Please allow me to introduce myself Im a man of wealth and taste. Ive been around for a long long year, stole many a man's soul and faith.............. Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name, but whats puzzling you is the nature of my game!...........................So if you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste. Use all your well learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste......

Until you correct your intro your soul WILL be laid to waste on these boards!  Read the rules, correct your intro and see how forgiving we all really are.  Lots of great scriptors here, lots of great scripts...but you have to follow the rules to get them!

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 05:21:11 PM »
Gotcha, doing my homework now.   Just remember, I do like punishment.  LOL

*goes to read*

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 06:30:27 PM »
Ahh, that was a MUCH better intro!  Thank you for taking the time to update it. I am fairly certian that a mod will wander by this thread soon and see the extra work you put into your intro and lift your restricted status.  Enjoy the site, and feel free to join in on conversations and threads.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »
You see?  That's the difference between a good intro and not.  Instant access vs. kicking the can down the road.  Thank you for taking the time to do your home work.  No more sore knuckes for you from the teachers yard stick.

And if WoW had bards, I would give it another go!

Tamers, well I'd stay a while more.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 06:45:36 PM »
Hey, I appreciate the responses.  I have posted introduction on other boards and I really thought no one read them! LOL

Now I plan to read more of them myself.   But for now...the pillow beckons.   

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 06:50:39 PM »
Hopefully you'll find that we're a bit different than the other boards.  Leave a good intro, and praise rains on your head.  Leave a lacking one and, well, we will throw little pickles at you!  (quick, what movie is that from?!??!)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 06:54:31 PM »
I don't know, now your making me look it up!!!!

aah Real Genius.... Now I'm gonna have to watch it..   You left out the part about the women  ;D

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 07:04:06 PM »
Boy... tough crowd eh' Rheeanna?! ;)

Welcome to ScriptUO! Hope you enjoy all the site has to offer!

Tags: