Author Topic: Does any know of a GM detection routine??  (Read 16065 times)

Offline luv2luvlongTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • luv2luvlong has no influence.
  • Respect: +14
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Does any know of a GM detection routine??
« on: November 05, 2008, 09:45:02 PM »
Does anyone know of a GM detection routine? I use to have one that I found on AC but since Luth did the big wipe it's no longer there. And since one poped up on me (fortunately i was paying attention) not to long ago its high on my list of things to do. However they seem to have changed checking methods, they didn't spam me (like they use to, and opened up a (GM CHAT SESSION???). Any help would be appreciated.
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Does any know of a GM detection routine??
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 10:42:44 AM »
Endless Night used to have his posted to the public at uocoders, but later pulled it to just be accessible by the contributor group there.  I don't know of any public scripts currently available. 
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 11:24:35 AM »
And mine is currently undergoing a revamp... so its not actually posted anywhere at present.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 12:53:54 PM »
bummer,

any idea if the chat system is new, or if the old method of journal scanning for gm's is the only way of looking for them.

TIA
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle" - Sun Tzu in reference to his five points of victory.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 12:57:33 PM »
In another thread here, we were discussing this and anything the GMs are doing should still be available in the journal.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 12:57:59 PM »
the chat system is about a year old.  You can scan for it in your journal.  THe trick is that they now always ask you a follow up message such as what time is it... or what color is the robe you are wearing...etc.  If you don't answer the follow ups - or answer the right q- you get banned anyways

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 02:11:39 PM »
interesting, they didn't ask me anything, just to respond, and i did, then they said okay thanks and loggged. maybe it was the kind of answer i gave misspelled an all.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 01:09:38 AM »
they must have lightened up.  the last time I was banned about 5 years go, because I quit for 4. the gm stopped me, I responded.  He banned my anyways because I was using EUO even though he couldn't prove it, he said I was working to fast, its not possible to work as fast as I was moving.  I still got a 72 hour ban. 

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 07:31:01 AM »
umm...
Yeah they have lightened up a lot in that way.

The 3 times they asked me to provide a answer to a question were when i was script mining.  Maybe they were just being extra careful because I was obviously running a script.

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 08:39:52 AM »
umm...
Yeah they have lightened up a lot in that way.

The 3 times they asked me to provide a answer to a question were when i was script mining.  Maybe they were just being extra careful because I was obviously running a script.

Yeah, and the other 2-3 miners in your locations mined the same way.  Happened to me last week, and I see all the same folks now within my screens we all, dig dig recall, recall dig dig.  Why do I does this GM? Cause it's quicker then trammel and I dont want anyone killing my firebeetle and taking 1k+ ingots after killing me. Oh, and my one spot that yields 30-40 color each spawn, just turned Val!!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 09:14:48 AM »
I need to get off my butt and test my detector.  I wrote a very basic one a while back; problem is I don't script enough unattended to really need it.  Every time I've been caught I've been able to say, "Yup I'm here." and had always forgotten to start the detection script.  heh.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 09:19:04 AM »
I need to get off my butt and test my detector.  I wrote a very basic one a while back; problem is I don't script enough unattended to really need it.  Every time I've been caught I've been able to say, "Yup I'm here." and had always forgotten to start the detection script.  heh.
I afk at least 2 guys 24/7.  I will beta it for you.  I will even make a dummy acct and script in front of peeps to see if i can get some pages to test it in the evening when i am home.  When you need someone to abuse it- I will pitch in.  I'm sure I will be testing for endless based on how much i use his current one.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 09:21:42 AM »
yea, but what do you do to testi t call a GM on yourself.  

Hey there's someone scripting over here it's me. come check me out. put me in jail

lol i dying. funnystuff to my self.

sorry bout the weirdness there. happens occasionally.

peace

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 09:41:03 AM »
lol, yeh, calling the GMs on yourself could cause problems for sure.

I have some OLD dumps from GM sessions from log files, and GM names have changed over the years as well as how they communicate.  It's a rare day when they actually "appear" and chat.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 10:03:59 AM »
yea since it has changed to a chat session, I was thinking its should be as simple as scan journal for "session opened" in journalwith a looping beep for an alarm. my old one did a looping beep, would try to carry on a conversation, i made it sound like a 6 year old ( lol it was funny the couple of times i got paged on and had that conversation running)was playing for dad while he was in bathroom. or it would auto log out like a lost connection.  If you need a beta i would love to volunteer. though i only have the 1 acct.

Tags: