Author Topic: New Treasure Hunter  (Read 23512 times)

Offline RheeannaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
New Treasure Hunter
« on: July 23, 2010, 10:14:26 AM »
I am in the process of making a new treasure hunter.   My problem has always been time.   I have lots of things against me.  My learning curve has lowered a bit due to the fact that I'm getting older (don't ask, i'm old though LOL), I work for attorneys and my brain is fried at the end of the day as it is.  I haven't been in UO for two years, so much of what is written makes me scratch my head and say, WTH is that>....LOL

So, I have a lot of questions and I'm hoping I don't get on your nerves with so many questions :)

To start,  is there a template that is best to solo even level 6 tmaps?   I know that I'll need Cartography and Lockinpicking.   I'm not sure if I should go with  Music/Provoke or taming.   What about magery and mining?   

Thanks in advance.  and if i'm being a pest, let me know :)

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: New Treasure Hunter
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 11:34:37 AM »
Instead of bard skills you could probably just add mysticism/focus. Then you could just cast rising colossus and hide.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:34:44 PM »
Tmappers have always been my favorite characters to play and I have Tmappers on most every server to prove it! ;)

I tested and played, played and tested and by far the easiest way to solo level 6 maps that I found has always been with a Bard. My typical template goes something like this:

120 Music
120 Peace
120 Provoke
110 Magery
100 LP
100 Cart
50 Med

Then play with these numbers dependent on the skills you have on your bracelet, etc. I can't tell you when the last time was I died on this template, every single one that I play maintains Glorious Lord just from maps :D

I've also played around with decoding all of my maps then swapping out the Cart for 120 Disco (soulstones 4tw). This template rocks tmap spawn hardcore.

If you're training see my library and test out my Cartography and Lockpicking trainers!

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 10:22:55 PM »
thanks 12X

I love love love love love my bard
and since I have her barding skills already at 120 (except provo i have to use
jewels)

That would mean just the cart/lockpick 

the scripts here rock, and i most certainly will try out the scripts.   

I appreciate the help.   I kept thinking, omg i'm gonna have to scroll up and work up taming (which is only 90ish right now i have to use jewels).    I started getting the shakes thinking of all that taming I would have to do.

I have also learned something else with this post.

You only need Cart to decode the maps.  I would have never thought of switching out.   

The new bard mastery book, do you have a path there you think is best?   I did the quest, I have the book.  I tried the spell once but my mana flew out the window.   So now I'll have to pick your brain on suits to have ....

Luck, lrc, or mana ones? Gotta remember I have old stuff and no inbuder yet...and all those lovely things on my to do list :)

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 10:59:29 PM »
I can't tell you when the last time was I died on this template, every single one that I play maintains Glorious Lord just from maps :D
Isn't the player that opens up the chest pretty much the sacrificial lamb and dies right on the spot. I think I remember doing 20 Level 6's where one time I got out alive. Almost identical to the player who tosses the White Net that summons the Leviathon. Got nowhere to hide :(

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 05:05:10 AM »
I can't tell you when the last time was I died on this template, every single one that I play maintains Glorious Lord just from maps :D
Isn't the player that opens up the chest pretty much the sacrificial lamb and dies right on the spot. I think I remember doing 20 Level 6's where one time I got out alive. Almost identical to the player who tosses the White Net that summons the Leviathon. Got nowhere to hide :(

The initial spawn pops up when you dig the trunk up, not when you open.

Here's how I solo a tmap:

1) Recall to spot, test dig to make sure I'm at the right spot but don't finish the dig, kill off or lure any random spawn hanging around
2) Mark a rune from the spot I'll be digging from (how many times this has come in handy I can't tell you)
3) Find a route I can run without getting stuck. I prefer a straight line. I test a couple directions from my marked rune spot until I figure out the best way to run. You don't want to get hung up running from 3 Ancient Wyrms and a Balron!
4) Drop two EV's
5) Dig up the trunk
6) Wait a couple "ticks" of the trunk rising and prime a Peace
7) As soon as the trunk pops and the spawn pops out there is a second delay before they target. In this second the EV's attack, I hit my area peace, I run up my route a couple of screens, and I Invis.
8) Finally, slowly work back picking the spawn off with provoke, ev's, peace, etc.

I usually take everything out of the trunk to get as much spawn as possible because the items on the spawn are often as good or better than the items in the trunk. The crap I drop in a corpse, not the ground - makes it a lot easier. Not sure how much of this will need to be adjusted with the new changes, I'll probably wait until production before playing with it.

Hope this helps.

XII
<edit>
Forgot to add, Rheeanna, I still haven't played with the whole Bard mastery thing. I figured I'd wait until a couple updates went by first. I do need to get in there and play with them asap though.

I often play with a luck suit because the goal of this process is to never get hit but, if you do get hit, you "ooOOOooOOOooo" quickly! If Imbuing I would go 100 LRC, max +Mana and MR as you're running with little to no Med, and resists. Skills on the jewels open this temp right up as well, probably get you to not have to soulstone Cart off to get Disco on.

Anyhoo...

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 05:12:28 AM by 12TimesOver »

Offline baldielocks

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 11:32:55 AM »
P :Dretty much the same as mine XII. I use Two EE's though, and pre-cast invis. Effect still the same.

Got me to wondering about two things though. (can't verify atm), doesnt a sysmessage come up when it pops? If so, could a script be timed to that to do the above, and / or drop a greater confusion pot? We can get ultima to that 100% survival rate easy!

P.S> - Putting carto on a stone is one of the best things you can do! I decode stacks of miasma maps at a time, then stone it off. Your tmapper is then a capable dungeon picker as well.

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 12:19:00 PM »
sweeet.  I only have two soulstones, but I have a bunch of fragments right now and I see from what I've been reading that you can craft fragments now?   Not sure on how hard the mats are to get.

I'm very excited about this.   Lots of work to do to get there.   

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 02:02:09 PM »
What server you on Rheeanna? I'd be happy to do a map or two with ya if I happen to have a tmapper there :)

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 03:07:05 PM »
Lake Superior.      However, I'm willing to xshard a toon.  I just don't want to make a hasty decision to do it right away. I paid to transfer them once and ended up with no peeps after a month.  eaps.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 05:44:08 PM »
Lake Superior.      However, I'm willing to xshard a toon.  I just don't want to make a hasty decision to do it right away. I paid to transfer them once and ended up with no peeps after a month.  eaps.
I happen to have a playable tmapper on LS, was just on him last night. Problem with him is that I was trying a Bard/Mage thing as an experiment and have never done Provoke on him!! Makes it a little hard to kill off the initial spawn - drag, peace, ev to death hehe.

X

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 06:07:30 PM »
but with two bards...its gotta rock.  I think i would do okay
except with the ancients.  i'm watching Lord of the Rings with the
kids tonight.   I'll try and hook with ya tomorrow sometime?  let me know.  ICQ in my profile i'll have it up tomorrow

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 07:05:01 PM »
Personaly I have tried taming mage t hunger bard t hunter as well as mage t hunter  also have tamer bard mage t hunter and mystic t hunter.
Pros to the T hunter tamer mage: 120 tameing 110 lore 100 magery 100 eval 85 vet 100 lock 100 cartog
have tank to take on the stuff that pops out of chest
very easy to say all kill
Cons if the mobs retarget your dead man if you don t cary traped box cause not enough room for resist

Pros to the bard mage: template 100 magery 100 eval 80 resist 100 cartog 100 lock 120 peace 120 music
very good survival rate
can area peace everthing off ya
cons
none that i can think of

Pros to the Tamer bard mage t hunter template 120 music 120 peace 120 tameing 110 lore 100 lock 100 cartog 50 mager need skill jury to get to 85
have tank to kill the monsters
very good survival
can area peace stuff off ya
cons
no eval so reliant on pets
not abel to ress with out use of soulstone or resing potions from alcemist

mystic t hunter
pros template 120 mysticism 120 focus 100 magery 100 eval 80 resist 100 lock 100 cartog
very survivable
gives u tank
alot of ways to heal
cons none that i can thnk of
my favorite is the plain old mage t hunter 110 magery 110 eval 100 med 100 cartog 100 lock 100 resist hope this helps

in my oppinion the best two templates are the tamer mage and mystic mage

• Activity:
    0%
  • It's all good
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 07:10:45 PM »
thank you for the information Josie.  I'll try out the different templates.  I have the bard ready except for cart/lock.     I'd have work up mystic and taming to do the other templates.   Doable, but on the to do list :)

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 07:14:06 PM »
thank you for the information Josie.  I'll try out the different templates.  I have the bard ready except for cart/lock.     I'd have work up mystic and taming to do the other templates.   Doable, but on the to do list :)

Good luck on the lockpicking thats one skill i don t want to ever work again lol id rather beg npcs left nut off then work it up again

Tags: