Author Topic: DPS slow vs fast weps  (Read 2873 times)

Offline lob91Topic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • lob91 has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
DPS slow vs fast weps
« on: August 26, 2010, 03:45:56 PM »
I have 160 stam. With a radiant scimmi I can swing max without ssi. (radiant is 2.5 and is my max before I need SSI)

I can swing an ornate axe with 30% ssi at 1.5/s

Radiant has a 12-14 base damage swinging at 1.25s...= 10.6-11.2 damage per second
Ornate has a 18-20 base damage swinging at 1.5s....= 15-16.6 base damage per second

For example, both weps have repond slayer. I can hit a renowned rat for roughly 90-100 on average. With my ornate axe I only hit about 105-115 on average.

according to DPS the radiant does 2/3 the damage that the ornate axe does. same with the base damage, I should see 1/3 more damage shouldnt I?

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: DPS slow vs fast weps
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »
depends on what mods you have on each item also?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 07:51:36 PM »
exact same mods except SSI

SSI - ornate only
Hit area - Radi only
Repond
HLL
HML
HSL

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 04:33:45 AM »
You could be reaching your maximum damage with the Orante, that's why you don't see that much of an increase over the Rad.

Are these numbers
Quote from: lob
Radiant has a 12-14 base damage swinging at 1.25s...= 10.6-11.2 damage per second
Ornate has a 18-20 base damage swinging at 1.5s....= 15-16.6 base damage per second
with Enemy of One? How about perfection?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 06:40:14 AM »
I have to confess that looking at what you wrote, I can't figure out what you are trying to say the weapons should get as a damage per second figure.  The attached chart is still unfinished, but it shows damage per second by weapon at different stam levels. Generally your highest damage over time is going to come by using the fastest weapon type that you can swing at 1.25 (max SSI attainable).

At 150 Stam an Ornate Axe gives 8.44 per second before mods
At 180 Effective Stam Ornate Axe gives 9.50 per second before mods
At 150 Stam a Radiant gives 10.40 per second before mods

150 stam gives a 1.25 credit toward weapon speed, making a 2.5 speed weapon (like the radiant) your hardest hitting weapon over time.

The ceiling on damage mods for damage per hit, which Cerv mentions, is a separate, independant analysis.

There are a number of other things that can affect the analysis for choice of weapon like specials, whether your target can heal, etc., but this is the straight Damage Per Second analysis.

Can you see the absolute PvM standout at 180 effective Stam?

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
UO_Weapons 27 Aug 2010.pdf
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 06:45:12 AM by Paulonius »
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 06:38:30 PM »
an ornate with 150 stam and 30 SSI swings at 1.5, only .25 seconds slower and has a 1/3 greater damage. you swing 1/6 slower but should gain 1/3 damage? no?

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »
Paul, I think what he's trying to say is that with mods like SSI, heavy handed weapons may give more DPI than slow weapons (because extra stam can't increase them any faster than 1.25)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 04:23:54 AM »
Your effective swing speed with the ornate is 2, not 1.5. 

All of this information is in the chart, but this explanation might help you read it:

Ornate speed is 3.5. 150 Stam takes off 5 clicks (150 / 30) at .25 each (3.5 - 1.25 = 2.25). 30 SI takes off another tick at .25 bringing you to a total of 6 clicks off (3.5 - 1.5 = 2) for a swing speed of 2s at full stam.  With a weapon speed of 2s you swing 30 times a minute, so damage per second is .5 X your average damage per hit.  Average damage per hit with an Ornate, which has a damage range from 18-20, is 19.  .5 X 19 =  9.5.

Radiant speed is 2.5. 150 Stam takes off 5 clicks (150 / 30) at .25 each (2.5 - 1.25 = 1.25). You can't reduce weapon speed below 1.25.  With a weapon speed of 1.25s you swing 48 times a minute, so damage per second is .8 X your average damage per hit. (Incidentally, this is 160% of the speed you are swinging the ornate).  Average damage per hit with a Radiant, which has a damage range from 12-14, is 13.  .8 X 13 =  10.4.

At 180 effective stamina your ideal weapon for damage output per second is something with a weapon speed of 2.75, so for swords either daisho or hatchet, both of which have an 11.20 DPS at that level, more than either the radiant or ornate -- however for fighting multiple mobs I prefer a weapon with whirl wind.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »
hmm weird I guess the SSI calc on stratics is wrong. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Tags: