Author Topic: okay need assistance please  (Read 2363 times)

Offline drayghonTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • drayghon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
okay need assistance please
« on: October 15, 2010, 07:41:58 AM »
I am a registered member and have spent upwards of three hours searching the website thanks for bringing me in BTW. However, I need help and feel like a dummy asking concidering EUO and i have gotten quite familiar over the years. I never knock a plan before using it and always have been up for progress and really look forward to understanding the new code (self learner type) but i need a start so here is the question that i must unfortunatly ask.

How do you upload and play a script using SUO (yes I realise that I'm dumb) I have tried copy paste play, right click save as, and left click save. The scripts I get do save no problems but . .  . when i open them in OEUO i get a message (tm_advclawlite775.txt:1: unexpected symbol near '==') message so please help me get started and give a step by step description as to what i am doing wrong (and to justify myself I do wish to explain that i was in old euo at the point of editing the scripts to better serve my particular needs so i hope i am just being silly and this is a easy lookover or language problem lol)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: okay need assistance please
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 07:48:06 AM »
SUO is an editor only. It won't run scripts.

Use EUO for scripts ending in .txt or .euo and use OEUO for scripts ending in .lua
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline drayghonTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • drayghon has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: okay need assistance please
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 07:49:54 AM »
SUO is an editor only. It won't run scripts.

Use EUO for scripts ending in .txt or .euo and use OEUO for scripts ending in .lua

ah thanx it was just me being stupid thats a relief lol ur da man

Tags: