Author Topic: A combat companion  (Read 7689 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
A combat companion
« on: December 03, 2008, 12:07:04 PM »
What all would you like to see in a Combat Companion type script?

Curse Weapon
Enemy of One
Evasion
Divine Fury
Lightning Strike
Momentum Strike
Counter Attack
Crate to break Paralyze
Honor target (single/auto)
Drink Cure*
Drink Heal*
Drink Refresh*

*One handed weapons only.

That stuff is already included. I'm soliciting inputs for more.

Please reply with what you'd like to see included, and as much information as possible about it.

*PS - I'm also looking for someone who would like to setup a menu interface for this project. PM me.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: A combat companion
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »
um.. Healing Methods?
Aids, Chiv, SS?

I would write up a menu, but I suck at it.
but I'll see what I can come up with.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 04:14:28 PM »
Actually, healing is done via TM's SUO Healing Commander. This script will interface so it doesn't interrupt bandages or healing methods used in his script.

Healing pots was included here, as TM hadn't put them in the healing commander.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 09:45:40 PM »
Spirit Speak would be a nice option depending on what monster your fighting. Confidence can also really be a big helper. I think Confidence has alot of value it  heals quite a bit and is a life saver when your get dangerously low.

Looks like a mean script in the making.... 8)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 07:55:19 AM »
It's actually made, just without an interface.

SS and Conf are both healing techniques... I know SS is in TM's healer already, not sure about Conf.

If there are no additions (other then healing) then I'll probably work on this as is... then release for beta.

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 06:21:05 PM »
omg i cant wait to try this. from what you listed it has everything i need.

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 04:48:14 AM »
omg i cant wait to try this. from what you listed it has everything i need.

Yep, thats kinda the point of it LOL.

Anything to add before I go to beta? Remember, it's not an "All in one, everything you need to stay alive, loot, heal, log-in, log-out" script. It's a Combat Companion to assist you with common fighting skills. It's things you would normally use while fighting the long fights against peerless or gauntlet.

So - Anything else to add? Going once....

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 12:06:59 PM »
I have seriously been wracking my brain but I think this is a good list. Personally I'd rather see it do a few things extremely well rather than a bunch of things reasonably well so put me down as a vote for not including any heal or cure methods as they can be handled by many other scripts  ::)

Maybe add strength/agility pots? Let the healing pieces come from a healing script (ie Healing Commander). Meanwhile this one could monitor Strength/Dex on top of the need for Refresh? Just digging here...

I have been toying around with volunteering for the UI development but I suck at follow-through! If nobody else has stepped up though Cerv I might be willing to take a swing.

XII
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 01:14:50 PM »
The main reason I didn't want to handle potions in the healing script was because when you disarm/rearm your weapon, you can impact your combat stuff.  So I tried to stay away from the forms of healing that aren't necessarily spell/bandage related.

Edit: And I never use potions... :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 01:17:29 PM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 03:10:42 PM »
I switched to one handers for my fencer and swordsman.

Bushido + Parry is better defense with a two hander, but all melee skills have one handers that are almost as good. And the benefit of drinking a total refresh to keep swing speed at max is really important to this type of char.

I'll final up what I have listed and do some playing to ensure it's ready for you all to test out.

Offline tandj99

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • tandj99 has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 07:19:38 PM »
I guess i would agree with Trail in that the ability to have it drink pots would be great. you could always make it throw explode pots too ok im just kidding about the throw pots. but the other part about dex and str would be awesome for dreadhorn and such.

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 10:55:39 AM »
I guess i would agree with Trail in that the ability to have it drink pots would be great. you could always make it throw explode pots too ok im just kidding about the throw pots. but the other part about dex and str would be awesome for dreadhorn and such.

I think that was me who suggested that  ;D TM never uses potions...

So did you decide to do the UI yourself Cerv? Will probably come out better anyhow  :P

XII

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 11:03:25 AM »

I think that was me who suggested that  ;D TM never uses potions...

Potions are for frightened little girls.....  :p
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2008, 11:05:29 AM »
First it will be potions....

Then petals...

Then apples..

If you're not careful, there will be douches!

Douche of Greater Refresh!!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2008, 11:34:47 AM »
First it will be potions....

Then petals...

Then apples..

If you're not careful, there will be douches!

Douche of Greater Refresh!!

Greater Agility enemas!!!

Tags: