Author Topic: Hi, there!  (Read 2145 times)

Offline ArtaxerxesTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Artaxerxes has no influence.
  • Respect: +5
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • UOAI
Hi, there!
« on: December 03, 2008, 01:42:46 PM »
Hi there, I'm Artaxerxes, developer of UOAI (http://www.UOAI.be).

I didnt have the time yet to extensively check out the scriptuo site (will do so next weekend for sure), but I'd like to know more.

I'm especially interested in the debug/run features in scriptuo... as I understand right now, it seems like scriptuo is a great editor, but does not provide run/debug features yet. Still the GUI seems to provide all provisions for this already, so I'd like to ask where the work on run/debug functionality stands? Is there active work being done on implementing the code to run/debug the scripts? If so, any chance to get involved?

In any way, expect to hear from me!

Greetz,
Artaxerxes
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 01:47:38 PM by Artaxerxes »
Developer at www.UOAI.be

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hi, there!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 02:02:57 PM »
The closed-Beta version of SUO has the ability to execute most of the EasyUO syntax.  Included in this is functional breakpoints and single stepping.  My memory manager handles local/global variables exactly as EUO does so most scripts will be able to execute with little/no changes.

My goal is to have context view of variable contents, and the ability to save debug setup for each script instead of having to set up everything again when you restart SUO.  Debugging is a big thing for me, so expect lots of cool features.  I do embedded hardware/software design for a living, so I'm used to lots of nifty debuggers and have been exposed to many different tools.

Client interface is still something that I haven't spent a great amount of time on.  I have alot of infrastructure in place, but have been more focused on the user interface since that's what I use most of the time and what EUO lacks the most.  The work on the client interface was more like, "yep, this seems to work so I'll get back to it later."  Lots of client revisions have gone by, so it'll take some time to catch back up and finish the rest of the client interface functions.

I'm by no means an expert in .NET programming; this was really my vehicle to learn it.  But it's amazing what you can learn when you have a cool project like this to work on.  Now it's just a matter of time.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, there!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 05:27:36 AM »
greetings and well met traveler.

I too have seen your program and will keep a close eye on it, for what that matters :) I hope to see great things soon.

Tags: