Author Topic: Screenshots from RIFT  (Read 23084 times)

Offline Outlaw Josey Wales

• Full Moon Rising!
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Outlaw Josey Wales has no influence.
  • Respect: +59
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshots from RIFT
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »
+1
TM please do give a brief review how you think PVP is. I've heard good things but as I said, want more info from fellow UO players.

heh, well I'm not the best to give a PvP perspective on anything, but I'll give it a shot.  none tonight, I'm bushed however.

Just checking to see how the pvp experiance was in rift

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 10:22:41 PM »
+1
To be honest, I'm still playing PvE.   Still wanting to get around to it.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 07:18:53 AM »
+1
I played it and loved it in the beginning.  I got tired of the almost seemingless end of quests that needed to be completed in order to move to the next area.  It's not a bad story line and the Rifts are rather unique.  I like that they can get really nasty if people aren't there to take care of them.

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 12:56:59 PM »
+1
tried rift for ~2 hours and uninstalled it.  hated it.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 04:41:48 PM »
+1
If anyone is thinking about giving Rift a try, use this link so I can get a referral out of it.  They are bringing out solo and duo dungeons in the next patch, and as a solo player I can't be more happy!

http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/ascend-a-friend/invite.php?voucher=9L9TZ9ZXMJMRRK7D3FZ7&utm_source=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ascend_invite
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 06:12:43 PM »
+1
If anyone is thinking about giving Rift a try, use this link so I can get a referral out of it.  They are bringing out solo and duo dungeons in the next patch, and as a solo player I can't be more happy!

http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/ascend-a-friend/invite.php?voucher=9L9TZ9ZXMJMRRK7D3FZ7&utm_source=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ascend_invite
I have an account.. Does this apply if I re-activate it?  I have been thinking of giving it a second chance.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 06:25:55 PM »
+1
Dunno, probably not.  I've consistently played since beta.  I still kinda like it and one of these days I'll play with a guild to see what the end-game stuff is all about.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 08:59:47 PM »
+1
I have an account.. Does this apply if I re-activate it?  I have been thinking of giving it a second chance.

Actually, I think it works if you are returning to the game.  Neato.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 11:34:19 AM »
+1

Actually, I think it works if you are returning to the game.  Neato.

No dice TM.. I was browsing around on MMORPG.com and ended up watching a video on Rift with a Mage.  Thought to myself... "Self.. You didn't make a mage."  So.. I opened the account and used the link you provided.  Once I got into the account it said that the code provided is only for NEW accounts.  Oh Well. 

I will jump into the game tonight again to check things out under a new character.  Everything is just smoke and mirrors at this point until SWTOR is released:)

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 12:25:17 PM »
+1
Bummer, well thanks for checking.  I'm actually having fun with my mage.  They are so much easier to play than my priest.  DPS is mucho grande!
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 10:26:58 AM »
+1
Finally one of these MMORPGs is finding a way to adjust to my play style.  I love playing solo, or with another friend, but never get to really experience the end-game content due to my xenophobia.

With the next patch, they will open 1 and 2 man dungeon instances.  I can't be more happy with this news!

Rift 1.5

Don't forget to use my LINK so I can get a fancy hat to wear.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 11:09:39 AM »
+1
Yea... I love that update myself.  I opened my account and have been enjoying the mage so far.  Slowly working up and playing UO at the same time.  I think I am level 18 or 19 at the moment.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2011, 12:18:03 PM »
+1
Yea... I love that update myself.  I opened my account and have been enjoying the mage so far.  Slowly working up and playing UO at the same time.  I think I am level 18 or 19 at the moment.

Yes, I've loved my Mage so far too.  Finally made it to 50th.  Nearly pure Necro/Pyro.  Playing my rogue/ranger/marksman at the moment since the MOBs I hate the most are the archers.  Now I get to give as good as I get.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 11:45:54 AM »
+1
I'm up to my 3rd 50th level character.  So far I have a cleric, mage and rogue.  Haven't been able to get into my warrior yet.

The latest addition to the game is Ember Isle which is a very large and free expansion.  I was bored with the level 50 end game, but they added several systems that let you expand and evolve your character beyond level 50.  Overall, I really like the new expansion.  The island has several "Onslaught" areas that must be defended by groups or also can be soloed.  If an area is defended by many players, the invasion automatically boosts the onslaught to make it more challenging.  Also the world events weave themselves into these areas which makes it kinda fun.

Now if they will add some more soloable dungeons....
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 08:57:10 AM »
+1
I'm horrible when it comes to doing group things.  I've always been a loner in all these MM games.  I might as well be playing Diablo..  lol.

Anyhow, I joined a guild for the first time since I started Rift; it's time for some dungeons finally.  My gear sucks and I need to grow it.  ;)

Still playing and enjoying this game.  
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:20:56 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: