Author Topic: Another Way for Heartwood Quest?  (Read 9551 times)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Another Way for Heartwood Quest?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 08:09:59 PM »
That's the problem with most heavy dedicated servers out there.  Their video cards are nearly non-existant.  Heavy Sun servers with ATI Rage cards.  lol.  Anyhow, you can just use any plain-jayne dual/quad core with at least 4GB and you should be able to do just find.  I was running 4 questers on my 3.6GHz Athlon X2 and only 2GBytes (nVidia 7800GT).  Worked great.   I was even using just VMware Workstation, and not the Server.  I'd imagine ESX server would do great with it.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Binary00000001

• Restricted
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Binary00000001 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 08:06:42 PM »
This is an interesting topic, I know how to go about setting up multiple instances of virtual machines on a station at once; need to read into it more however, wish me luck

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »
of course you could always make one of each bow to start, then finditem them all and look for the color change after accepting a quest.  That would tell you what quest you're on ;x.  Would take a few seconds longer each quest, but it would work flawlessly.

Offline Crome969Topic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 08:51:33 AM »
Now i use Lot of OCR in scripts.

I have Resolved a Method to Check unique Sentences or Letters to Check,
i split The Gump in Squares and then check the Pixcol with Savepix
to use i Give him a Start x \y and the finish x y
and use:

for %Start %startx %Endx
{
for %end %starty %endy
{
savepix %Start %end 1
}
}

For this i can after them Filter Colours from Letter and what is not the Case
i set %Code %Code , 1 if Colour is in Pixcol
and else i set %Code %Code , 0
if you have a Word wich only Drop in this Gump at this Point you will get a Unique Code of 0\1 and the Script can Choice the Word

Offline casca

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • casca has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 08:12:46 AM »
That's the problem with most heavy dedicated servers out there.  Their video cards are nearly non-existant.  Heavy Sun servers with ATI Rage cards.  lol.  Anyhow, you can just use any plain-jayne dual/quad core with at least 4GB and you should be able to do just find.  I was running 4 questers on my 3.6GHz Athlon X2 and only 2GBytes (nVidia 7800GT).  Worked great.   I was even using just VMware Workstation, and not the Server.  I'd imagine ESX server would do great with it.

You know I just upgraded to vSphere (esx server 4.0) and I have to say I can get about 40 clients going at one time on one box (the server I mentioned before).  Awesome thing about vsphere is it actually has virtual video cards and you can assign memory to them.  So each of the VMs I have get enough video ram to handle the task.  So 10 VMs with 4 clients in each one.  I have 4 gigabit ethernet cards in that machine (it's actually 2 pci-e nics I believe that have two gigabit ports on each card).  Anyway, hardly cost effective, but I had the equipment laying around and started to play more after we discussed the issue. 

Tags: