Author Topic: Introduction From LB (Laidback)  (Read 1946 times)

Offline LBTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • LB has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Introduction From LB (Laidback)
« on: October 31, 2014, 02:29:42 PM »
Hello everyone!  My name is Laidback.  I am 47 years old from Southeast Texas.  I have been a big gamer since the late 70's.  I was hooked when I got an Atari 2600 from Sears for my birthday.  Consoles to PC's, I have always played video games.  I tried to play them all.  At times I wonder how I get anything done.  My wife and I came across UO around 2000 or so.  We fell in love with the game immediately so we both started accounts.  We started out playing on Baja and met Algar who knew everything there was to know about the game and was willing to take us under his wing to teach us what he knew.  During that time, we lived in an area that only had one option for internet.  Let me tell you, I think it would have been less painful and more reliable sending smoke signals at times.  We played UO for a couple of years until I just couldn't deal with the constant lag and unreliable service from my ISP.  Time after time I would reconnect and yes, you know it, I would be dead.  We left but came back a few years later. We re-connected Algar and some old friends and began to enjoy UO again as we did before but this time on the Origin shard since our friends had moved.  My job was somewhat demanding during this time so we left again after two more years.  My wife and I started talking about how much we enjoyed UO about three months ago so we decided to reach out to our old friend Algar.  We were very sad to learn that he had died in an auto accident a couple of years ago.  I can still remember some of the gaming adventures we experienced.  We re-activated our accounts to find that Origin was dead.  There was nothing going on.  Ten transfer tokens later, we find ourselves on the Atlantic shard.  My favorite character is a Swordsman.  I enjoy getting in the middle of the battle and killing evil monsters.  I also have a Mage who I have been slowing working on getting to GM Taming.  That is a long process.  I definitely love my crafter and I have been working on becoming a GM Artificer.  I really enjoy them all but it's safe to say I live and die by the sword.  I have been reading a lot about ScriptUO and it definitely has my interest.  My wife and I have been manually working IDOC's, losing a lot of sleep lately.  I believe ScriptUO can help me and my wife.  I would greatly appreciate it if you would accept my application.

Thank you,
Laidback

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.4%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Introduction From LB (Laidback)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 04:30:46 PM »
You will like some of my IDOC tools.  Definitely helps take the tedium out of it.

I used to play UO with my nephew back in the early 2000s and again around 2011, but he's gone now as well - so I definitely feel for your experience.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself!  Welcome.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline LBTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • LB has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »
Thank you TrailMyx!  I look forward to using them.
Sorry to hear about your nephew. 
Thanks again!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 08:05:49 PM »
Welcome to SUO!

Offline LBTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • LB has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 10:15:19 PM »
Thanks everybody!  Happy to be here!

Offline Cstalker

• Google Slut
  • ScriptUO Beta Tester
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Cstalker has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 06:35:27 AM »
Welcome from Waco, tx  to The SUO Site.

Offline LBTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • LB has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 04:24:17 PM »
Thanks Cstalker!  Baytown just East of Houston here.

Tags: