Author Topic: Raspberry Pi  (Read 70541 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: Raspberry Pi
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2014, 06:26:55 PM »
You got a link for that system TM?

In other news, my MINIX Neo X8-H is on the way! Should be here in a week or two (damn shipping from China). I'll update all of you when it comes it and I've had some time to play with it!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2014, 07:01:18 PM »
This is the one I have.  Looks like it's presently unavailable though...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030UH2J4/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #122 on: July 10, 2014, 04:57:18 PM »
Minix Neo x8-H arrived today (finally)! It is awesome! Streaming Bluray movies from my Zyxel NSA320 DLNA media server with no buffering via the wireless N (I don't have a dual-bad / AC router yet). I plugged in my Logitech wireless kb/mouse combo and it's zippy as hell!  I'm not fond of the Minix UI so I switched to Nova Launcher and I'm playing around with a few others (GO Launcher, Shell SPB 3D, etc) to find one that looks best. Netflix was a little choppy at first but I believe that was due to a bunch of apps updating in the background because it smoothed out and haven't had any issues since.

I'll report more as I have more time to play with it....
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2014, 10:12:56 AM »
Any update on your Minix, MD?  I'm thinking about getting something along the lines of this, but I want to be sure it will stream 1080p without stuttering like I'm used to with my Ouya and RPi.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »
It definitely handles the 1080P fine without stuttering. For me I still have issues streaming over the wireless but that's because of my modem (I'm only using N, not AC). With AC or hard-wired ethernet, I don't believe I'd have any problem at all. So far I'm loving it, and more importantly, the wife is satisfied with it and she has no patience for finicky *bleep*!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2014, 02:35:05 PM »
That's awesome Maddog.  I think you have me sold - I really want to access my NAS from upstairs.  My Windows 7 XBMC has downstairs covered and this looks to be the answer especially since I have a wired ethernet connection for it.  Thanks for the guineapig function!
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: