Author Topic: UOS Randomly losing data.  (Read 8019 times)

Offline MeWonUoTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
UOS Randomly losing data.
« on: November 15, 2015, 03:27:22 PM »
Hello all,

I've been having some issues with steam basically forgetting my loot list, certain macros, and completely stopping to loot.  Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues with the program before? It's really bizarre that it just happens for what seems like no reason at all.

I've tried 1.4.1 and 1.5 as well as various clients ranging from 7.0.45.65 all the way up to the current patch.  Can't think of anything else I can try to fix the issue. 

Appreciate any info if you have it!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: UOS Randomly losing data.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 06:45:07 PM »
assuming you are running it as administrator under 7, 8 or 10
how many clients are you running?
are you using EUO or stealth?

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 07:05:37 PM »
assuming you are running it as administrator under 7, 8 or 10
how many clients are you running?
are you using EUO or stealth?

Hi Gimlet, hope you've been well Sir.

Rolled back to Win8 a couple days ago, running as admin and the client normally.  Have been using between 2-4 clients simultaneously 95% of the time.  I just peeled off the in-box screen protector for stealth today, so I've only been using EUO. For mining, LJ, conc/bandage macro type things. (Oh, and that super spiffy "Miffy's Item Finder"!)  Even went so far as to create different profiles for every character.  Sometimes the whole loot list just disappears and my assistant.xml file reverts to blank as does the backup. Or what it's doing right at this minute is flat out not looting at all even though the list is showing and the container is correct.  Open corpses has been turned off and on, as has been the looter many times. 

I'm beyond scratching my head with this.  It works amazing, then poof.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »
Let me give it some thought. I use different profiles for each client and make sure I save the client if I add or remove something from the loot menu. I normally just run one on each of my computers (I have 7) so I have not tied to use more than 2 clients ever. I'll play around and see if I can create the problem you are experiencing.

Offline Vlek

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Vlek has no influence.
  • Respect: +1
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclan Orcs
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 10:33:47 AM »
I've been having some issues with steam basically forgetting my loot list, certain macros, and completely stopping to loot.  Just wondering if anyone else has had these issues with the program before? It's really bizarre that it just happens for what seems like no reason at all.

I've run every version, and I haven't had too too many issues with losing stuff. The only issues I've had in regards to that is when I've crashed UOSteam. It doesn't appear to do profile saving on crash cleanup, so I'll lose whatever information I've changed. The best way to guard against what you're saying is to have adequate checks in your scripts to make sure, if you don't want the information (if not listexists), then it should remake the list with the information it needs. Considering this check is not expensive, it should be in the beginning of every one of your scripts when listed data is required.

Offline OxAO

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • OxAO has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 08:07:32 PM »
UOsteam saves the loot information globally.  Meaning if you have two clients open it will not save.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 08:08:47 AM »
I've run every version, and I haven't had too too many issues with losing stuff. The only issues I've had in regards to that is when I've crashed UOSteam. It doesn't appear to do profile saving on crash cleanup, so I'll lose whatever information I've changed. The best way to guard against what you're saying is to have adequate checks in your scripts to make sure, if you don't want the information (if not listexists), then it should remake the list with the information it needs. Considering this check is not expensive, it should be in the beginning of every one of your scripts when listed data is required.

Yeah, I've noticed that if the client I'm working in crashes it loses everything whether or not I've used the save button.  Sure sucks but it's something I can live with until I'm able to get these things figured out in stealth. 

UOsteam saves the loot information globally.  Meaning if you have two clients open it will not save.

Pretty sure now that this is exactly what was happening to me.  It appears to me that whichever client you close last is the one that actually gets written to the assistant file.  Been messing around the past couple days now making sure that the client I'm working in is the one that gets shut down last has seemed to keep everything intact.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this continues to work! :D

Thank you Vlek, OxAO, and of course you Gim!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 08:56:53 AM »
One last note - I backup the assistant.xml file and use different versions for different things I am looting.

Tags: