Author Topic: [UO Herald News] UOSA Press Release  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    2.4%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +13
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] UOSA Press Release
« on: April 29, 2009, 07:50:02 AM »
UOSA Press Release

The official press release for the Stygian Abyss expansion can be found here:

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=747

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: [UO Herald News] UOSA Press Release
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 08:20:32 AM »
Wow, they're not even going to do a box for it....
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:59:01 PM »
Yeah this doesn't bode well for the future of UO. How effin' dumb are these guys?

It's kinda putting the nail in the cofffin. I mean I hope I'm wrong because I'll be playing the game as long as they keep it up and going.

But how do you release a new expansion and then not market it and try to gather a brand new playerbase?

Mindblowing...

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 03:37:17 PM »
They Better not charge us $30 bucks for a few mill 0's and 1's..
if I'm going to pay 30 bucks I want the box, Cd, and a Toy.   They can toss in the crappy Map too.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »
They just proved how much commitment they have to the UO brand by this move.  They aren't even willing to expend the expense to put a retail presence on this.  Couple this with UO actually missing on the EA site doesn't really give me the warm and fuzzies.  I haven't heard any "buzz" coming from any beta development - not even any teasers like they tried to do with KRap.  That REALLY makes me afraid...
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 08:41:09 PM »
Thats when we take over!! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA Although I don't Like the idea behind freeshards, EA Really Doesn't Give much of a Damn  About uo.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: