Author Topic: Having a Hard time.  (Read 9077 times)

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Having a Hard time.
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:02:13 PM »
Having a hard time thinking of which of my scripts to post here  :-\. Most of Them I would like to save for the elite boards

Mace and Shield donator. (Trick inside that more than doubles donation speed)
Pet Player Scripts (Lets destroy UO Why don't we)
Painted Caves Gold Farmer. well that sounds plausible
Suit Builder (Still needs some love)
My lumberjacker with log in/log out functions.
Museum Donator (Pretty sure one already exists here)
Citadel Key Gathering Scripts

Not on my computer so can't remember what all scripts i have..... any suggestions for things people would like to see or might be interested in just respond :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Having a Hard time.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 04:13:43 AM »
Depends on what you think is most polished and capable for public consumption.  With things like the quester here that get so much play, we had to bulletproof that script so that even the noobiest-noob could run it.

Also I guess it depends on what you really feel comfortable releasing.  I have a beetle lumberjacker that I won't ever release just because I don't want everyone out there looking like me when I'm doing the lumberjack thing.  You gotta keep a few of them super-special.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 04:49:03 AM »
The trick is to just pick something, start releasing, and get involved. If there is stuff you feel should be "Elite Only" because you want to share it but keep it to a smaller group, feel free to release it privately to one of the mods so that they can share it for you in the private section or just hold on to it until the time comes where you've gained enough trust and confidence to be given that access yourself. It is possible also to work with TM on setting up a "Special Projects" topic so that you can get input from only a small group of people rather than requiring mass consumption.

I don't release everything I've done simply because a) some of it requires WAY too many specifics to make work for the masses and b) I don't want hundreds or thousands of other players doing exactly what I am doing (what TM said). On the other hand, I like to share most of my very basic list of finished scripts with the group. In fact, over the next week or so I'm hoping to get my stuff previously available only on WinUO moved to it's new resting place here.

Either way, glad to see another potential mentor getting interested in joining the ranks. Let's see whatcha got! ;)

XII

When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 05:25:19 AM »
first off welcome to the boards man.  I  have seen you around other boards and glad to see you addign to this one.

second.  WTH 12x that avatar is messed up!!!

I would take all that into consideration.

Honestly a mace and shield donator or pet script as they don't currently exist here and are always wanted by players and might be the way to go depending on how you feel about it.

But heck - it is really your call.  Whatever it is, it has to be bullet proof as TM said because all those scripts would get some heavy use.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 10:10:26 AM »
Dont forget you can always offer a light version of a script for the masses and Tricked out one for the elites.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 10:18:34 AM »
Dont forget you can always offer a light version of a script for the masses and Tricked out one for the elites.
What?!!??  We've never done that here!!  That's evil.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 10:53:27 AM »
I AM EVIL MUHAHAHAHA.....   i need a transpowder script... Who has one come on send me that bad boy...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 10:54:22 AM »
Yeah ... like a mace and shield lite without the massive time saver move.  We have a few coders here that are like that...

Let's see... there is a scripter here called TM Lite.  pretty cool guy actually.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 10:55:08 AM »
I AM EVIL MUHAHAHAHA.....   i need a transpowder script... Who has one come on send me that bad boy...

Drac on winuo had something he used on a personal level.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 11:11:10 AM »

What are you looking for in that script, EN?  I might have something in my stash.  ;)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 11:16:49 AM »

What are you looking for in that script, EN?  I might have something in my stash.  ;)

Let me in on that!  Is it by TM lite?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 11:19:21 AM »

Let me in on that!  Is it by TM lite?

Worse, I think it was TM Patches.  :p
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 03:22:53 PM »
That horse picture is really messed it i had to go get teh wife and show her too :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2009, 05:00:35 PM »
Sounds Like a Mace and Shield Script will be best! I don't really care About releasing it anymore since.... factions...... Grrrr......... And I probably Will Take out the part that doubles the speed and save it for elite members.

I seem to recall it doing like 45k points an hour once it had the vendors stocked.... or something to that extent. Been Over a year since i've used it. Get started on it sometime this week, have way toooooo much work at work.... Stupid spreadsheets......
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2009, 10:53:34 PM »
Mace and Shield just went Bye Bye, Three People on baja running one as we speak!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

Tags: