Author Topic: Having a Hard time.  (Read 9074 times)

Offline 12TimesOver

• Another Day, Another Vendetta
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • 12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.12TimesOver is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +321
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Having a Hard time.
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 04:38:50 AM »
Hmm, I must know "the trick" then because mine pulls down a pair of Folded Steel in about 17 hours which equates to about 47k/hr. Of course I haven't run it since the faction/invasion changes started so I don't have any recent statistics. I understood that the invasion was over now though which will certainly help, is that true?

X
When they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk
     with a gun in my hand wearing a bulletproof vest
My, my, my how the time does fly
     when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night

Offline manwincTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 12:08:51 PM »
mace and shield much slower than folded steel. Think folded steel at best was at about 12 hours.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 12:51:14 PM »
12 hours is still dang good but they have shot many holes in the need to even do them with the screwed up factions system.

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 03:46:46 PM »
You don't by chance have Gaman horn collector collecting dust?

People boast of pulling insane items off that quest and I have a ton of Minotaur Artifacts from my adventures in the Labyrinth. I know OMG said he had one and lost it when he lost his computer.

Can anyone attest to pulling off an uber item from the Minotaur Quest and verify that they are worth doing? I've heard conflicting reports...

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 04:32:21 PM »
I did notice a boost in Properties.. though I didn't get anything worth keeping after 6-7 Turn ins....

I was hoping to stealth in and collect though I was revealed way to many times, I ended up going in with my Bard. little more chaotic but he gather more artifacts with a few ev's up.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 04:39:48 PM »
Someone offered me 100 million gold for a script that would recall in, stealth into the labrynth collect arties, leave, recall home, drop off arties, and repeat.

I got about 3/4ths the way through before I started Screaming and gave up. Mintaur Scouts reveal you every time, Move command is a bitch, and its a LONG ass Rail. It would work 40% of the time, but the other 60% you would die, still needs some love....... Would require a peacing, ninjitsu, stealth character, possibly with magery.

The guy was willing to pay 100 mill from it, so i'd bet he was getting some decent items from the quest.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 04:47:39 PM »
I did one of those.  My rail engine in server mode makes it pretty easy.  Really don't die very often also.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »
The artifacts are no problem at all. I know the Labyrinth inside out nad I feel right at home there with my Bovine Slayer and Soulseeker. It's collecting the gaman horns and map fragments but mainly the gaman horns...it's 20 for the turn in. Gaman horns is where the 'work' is at.

I just did a few and from what I saw I already I think it's worth it if they can be done in volume. You still need to be lucky but I already received 2 bows with very nice mods on them. Something I would pull off Dreadhorn if my luck suit kicked in. :)

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »
Yeah, I think the main problem wasn't with my script, it was building a template that could actually stealth in there without being revealed very often. :(

Monkeys and Typewriters!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 07:04:18 AM »
Well I am officially working on a gaman horn collection script so if someone else wants to work on the monitour side we can get a good start on this quest then.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 08:37:29 AM »
I can supply you guys with the rail I recorded to walk through there.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 02:00:29 PM »
Some of the leather farmers out there can be worked so you can grab Gaman horns pretty easily. I managed to get one working last night and ended up pulling in a little over 500 Gaman Horns last night (roughly 8 hours). Now the Quest part is the tedious part but I don't mind so much. Killing the Priests of Mondain and running to collect my rewards is a nice change to my routine.

Yesterday doing 5 Quests or so on Sonoma I pulled:

Elven Composite Bow
HSL 38
Dispel 42
HML 33
SSI 25
DI 39

5 Mods with decent intensities for a bow. So it leads me to believe there is potential with this quest.

Today I've completed about 15 Quests thus far and only got one real keeper but it was well worth it for the templates I run:

Bracelet
Anatomy +11
Defence Chance Increase 12
Lower Mana Cost 6
Damage Increase 21
Fire Resist 12

That there is a bracelet! 8)

I see other people walking around with some insane jewels on and can't for the life of me understand where the hell they get the stuff. I've done more than my share of Dreadhorn runs and I don't really remember getting that great of rings and bracelets off him.

Minotuar drops between 5-7 items per turn in and 90% of it's junk. But if there is a chance of pulling a ring or bracelet of that calibur it's worth it in my book.

Now I just wish I had grabbed more Minotaur Artifacts during the countless hours I spent in the Labyrinth.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 07:53:30 AM »
I just checked out the code I wrote for this one.  I remember what I was doing now.  I wrote this before I wrote my zoo donation script.  After the zoo script, I wanted to redo the minotaur because of the cool State machine engine I wrote for the zoo donator.

But with a character with 100 hiding/100 stealth, I can pretty much rail in and out 100% of the time without death.  Since I use the rail engine in server mode, I quickly hide and interrupt the rail in progress to wait until you can hiding again.  Also the rail engine will let you go forwards and backwards with the same rail.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 08:06:16 AM »
Yeah that rail engine in server mode is outrageous!  It looks 100% real in how it interacts at not just rail points but traveling in between rail points by allowing you to react the second something happens, in this case rehiding, which is critical with revealing minators.

Anyways this is a must in server mode or you will have to create a tool seperate that does the same thing.  Now why would we go do that.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 11:04:23 AM »
Yeah, not sure what you mean by rail engine..... but I did something like....

Code: [Select]
ignoreitem reset
Gosub Enter_Positions
For %Number 1 %endspot
{
Set %X %x . %number
set %Y %Y . %Number
set %timer_Limit #scnt + 6
While #charposx <> %X || #Charposy <> %Y
{
if %timer_limit < #scnt
{
event pathfind %x %y
wait 30
set %timer_Limit #scnt + 6
}
Gosub Loot_Check
gosub hiding
Move %x %y 0 1s
}
}

Think at most it would take one step before it realized you were revealed and attempted to hide. The pathfind was for moments when it would try to go after an arty and either get stuck or attempt to get back on the path after getting an arty and get stuck.... just a fail safe. I REALLY HATE MOVE, But I hate having to leave my mouse alone while cheating too :)

Monkeys and Typewriters!

Tags: