Author Topic: RIP Pen Bug  (Read 5711 times)

Offline UOMaddogTopic starter

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
RIP Pen Bug
« on: July 15, 2009, 09:30:05 PM »
This is the thread to memorialize your thoughts of the Pen Trick. RIP to all scripts that used it in some way shape or form. And woe is me for not finishing discord last week!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Pen Bug
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 09:36:23 PM »
Here Here! :'(

I trained so many skills so fast it almost seem like that's the way it was intended.

Finally after years, after people got tired of complaining it gets fixed.

It was weird how you couldn't login without patching. We should have known something was up!

I will miss my pen and paper. :'(

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 06:38:38 AM »
Now the only thing i will use that pen for is to post here !!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 07:13:36 AM »
Party bug still alive?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 08:44:14 AM »
3 Cheers For 120 Peacing!
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »
Bummer but u knew it was coming eventually.  For a stretch there i was sure it would be fixed when they were fixing stuff left and right but we ended up with about 8 more months of it.

I will update code today but bummer

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 12:32:31 PM »
They are quickly nerfing the entire game.  Soon there will be 100% intensities on items.  UO just wasn't meant to be WoWified.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 12:56:30 PM »
You wanna see WoWified:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 12:59:59 PM »
Ok, that's just disgusting!!  I see imbued, so these must be from Retribution?

Monster loot becomes useless.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 04:38:01 PM »
RIP Pen Trick, you were always one of my favorites making it oh so easy to actually play the game without extra days of training.  :'(

Maddog, tell me those aren't real pics! That's some insane stuff there! 45 skill points, 20lrc and fcr3!?! How many 900+ skill point templates are we going to see now?

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 05:14:13 PM »
Don't forget that gargoyles can wear earrings and you can put up to 75 skill points on those!!! so 900 point templates are probably gonna be common place.

And just fyi, all of those pics are indeed real! Also, most of those were made from an NPC bought weapon and all those mods were just added to a blank piece. So there's no reason for trammies to even farm loot anymore! So bye bye TM's Claw!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 06:41:40 PM »
The whole idea of imbuing is really tragic!  I just can't believe they are going to gimp the game that much.  I mean come on!  How stupid can they be over at EA/Mythic?
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline DeadIssue2

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • DeadIssue2 has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 06:59:37 PM »
Simply a shame.

Offline kreterplayer

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kreterplayer has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 07:06:38 PM »
im disgusted, i run the armor stash in my guilds, you know how much im gonna have to redo now because of this?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 11:05:03 PM »
I think I'm going to Quit.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: