Author Topic: Starting on a refinement script, need some info  (Read 2697 times)

Offline baldielocksTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • baldielocks has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
  • Referrals: 5
    • View Profile
Starting on a refinement script, need some info
« on: November 12, 2020, 05:03:34 PM »
I am thinking of writing a town thief refinement and amalagation script. But I am hitting some knowledge gaps.
Do the refinements only spawn in crafting shop gold chests in fel?
Anyone know the respawn rate?
I am finding that some chests require lockpick, while others do can be opened with magic unlock. Chests can have up to 3 traps. So the best option, imo, is LP/Remove traps. Any suggestions? Should I code for non-lp?

Offline jenovauh

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jenovauh has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Starting on a refinement script, need some info
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 06:29:30 PM »
Yes i think they only spawn in felucca backmith and tailor shop. I always use my thief to steal them. Spawn rate is around 15-20 minutes if i am not wrong.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 08:33:32 AM »
I have an amalgamation script. I will see if I can get it posted here shortly.

3 of us have tested it and it seems worth releasing.

If you want to incorporate it into your own project, you can.

Gaderian
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 08:35:23 AM by Gaderian »
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 09:18:33 AM »
Magery Unlock works on lower level locks/containers. It is scaled with your magery skill. Personally I do not think it is worthwhile to have 120 magery to unlock some containers, when you need 80+ lockpicking to open the rest.

I would script for LP skill to open chests.
If your character is dedicated to this task, then maybe your template wouldn't require GM Lockpicking. I generally top of the skill, so if I want to use it for t-maps I can - even if I have to soulstone around some other skills.

If you have the available template points, I would consider the dungeon artifact/chest thief: stealing (120), remove trap, lockpicking, magery/chivalry (65?), hiding, stealth (85?). At about 570 points you could roam almost anywhere. I have used GM hiding/85 stealth to explore every dungeon with low 90's magery (maybe 92? = 100% success level 6 for invisibility). After casting invis, immediately I start walking a few steps to avoid the auto reveal by monsters. That is approximately a 602 point template. I equip some +skill items to help it along.

Easy to get another 200 points in there toward some offense, whether it's Eval + Meditation or Melee/Tactics, or even increase magery, add a mage weapon for some basic offense/defense. I tend to do a repeating xbow, mage weapon with spell channeling and HLL. Lots of functional options for visiting more dangerous places outside towns.

A full resists suit with MR/LMC - so no need for meditation if you mana pool is high enough.

That is my COVID-19 ramblings...

Gaderian

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 07:36:33 AM »
Baldielocks,
I have uploaded the refinement script (here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=15964.msg124031;topicseen#msg124031). Even though it prompts to open a secure, but should pull resources from any open container within reach (2 tiles).

I doubt you can come up with matches to combine in a single pass around Britannia, so you most likely need to go stuff the refinements into a secure somewhere. If you want to combine those routines into your own project giving credit, feel free.

Gaderian

Tags: