Author Topic: Pacific Rim  (Read 2403 times)

Offline BookwyrmTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Pacific Rim
« on: May 19, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »
After seeing a few of the trailers I have to admit that this is the movie for me this summer.

Anyone else looking forward to this one?
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
Re: Pacific Rim
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 04:45:49 PM »
YEAH.. I hear ya on that one.  Im thinking Imax theatre for sure.  GIANT robots are right up my ally.  I have heard the new Star Trek is amazing though and while Giant Robots will look cool the whole "space the final frontier" thing peaks my interest more.  Heck ill add Oblivion / After Earth / KickAss 2 / Wolverine all to my summer viewing wish list too...

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:40:18 AM »
After Earth / Star Trek (for the treckie in me) / Pacific Rim (I was a big Mech Warrior player)

Offline BookwyrmTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 07:43:25 AM »
Perhaps this movie can erase the shame that as Robot Jox. :'(
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 08:22:11 AM »
You had me at Guillermo del Toro

For After Earth, the "Smith" content is a bit high for me.  Though THIS was funny.  Gotta love Carlton. heh
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:28:28 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: