Author Topic: I crashed one of my RC helicopters today  (Read 3148 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
I crashed one of my RC helicopters today
« on: June 02, 2013, 08:07:27 PM »
When I went to look at the replacement blades, I got a chuckle.  I guess it is BORKED!

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
wing2.png
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline chirker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • chirker has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I crashed one of my RC helicopters today
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 09:24:34 PM »
I just bought one the other day, a Litehawk XL... flys nice outside without wind. Inside forget it lol... i hit everything lol...

I had another one i forget, but didn't have much for replacement parts =P This one seems to have most needed parts online =)

Damn kids toys are so fun, where were these when I was younger?

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 10:09:30 PM »
I just bought one the other day, a Litehawk XL... flys nice outside without wind. Inside forget it lol... i hit everything lol...

I had another one i forget, but didn't have much for replacement parts =P This one seems to have most needed parts online =)

Damn kids toys are so fun, where were these when I was younger?

Maybe the inside should stop getting in the way of your epic flight time? :D

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 10:22:38 PM »
 >:(This one is a WL v911.  It's really nice and fast.  The rudder is pretty sensitive, but makes for fast turns.  Its better than my GW9958.  Heck, I like it better than my Walkera Genius CP.  The 911 is definitely the toughest copter I own and the parts are dirt cheap.  I have most of my copters bound to one transmitter.  Even my Syma x1 quad.

link

If you like the Litehawk, get yourself a Syma s107 for indoor flight.  Indestructable little cheap coaxial.  Great flyer!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:31:58 PM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 07:37:51 AM »
I need to dig my old one out and charge it.  I seem to remember it not holding a charge very long anymore, though.  Is this a problem with the little teeny ones you buy at the mall kiosks at Christmas?

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 10:29:03 AM »
I totally love my WL V911!  For the price, it's simply the most responsive helicopter I own.  The ailerons are connected directly to the servo actuators, so rudder and aileron actuation is instantaneous.  Full-scale transitions are VERY quick, so for starting pilots this might lead to frustration because you might think it's too "sensitive".

If you don't mind the 2-3week shipping time, banggood.come works pretty well.

Another reason why I like this copter is that you can actually buy it separate from the remote control (less than $20 for a full replacement).  After a while when you buy these things, you develop an annoying collection of crappy remote controls.  Since most of these run at 2.4GHz, they can be paired with a "master" transmitter.  I bought THIS transmitter that accepts my WL 911, GW 9958, and my Syma X1.  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:37:20 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 09:23:13 AM »
I have 1 or 2 replacement blades if you want one TM ?! I have been getting them with the unit that I have bought in the past. I can send measurements and pictures if you want to compre first.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 09:28:40 AM »
You fly the V911 also?  Cool.

I actually have 7 pairs now.  They are uber-cheap at www.banggood.com so I picked up a few.  I only seem to break one of the two at a time, so I'm playing mix/match 1 at a time now.

Thanks for the offer though, but these little helicopter parts are dirt cheap from China.  For the V911, they seem to be extra-cheap and plentiful.  Odd too because of all my little micro-helis, this V911 is probably one of the best built models.

I'm looking forward to getting either of the bigger models now.
WL V912
WL V913

If the flight feedback is as fast as the V911, these bigger helicopters would be fun as heck to fly.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: