Author Topic: ...And this is Goodbye  (Read 5292 times)

Offline BookwyrmTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
...And this is Goodbye
« on: November 16, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »
+1
Last month, my wife of 12 years passes away in her sleep. This came as a horrible shock to everyone that knew her -she had been perfectly healthy except for a small (we thought) heart condition.

I know I have not been a terribly active member of the SUO site and that has bothered me. I could blame it on that cornball free server I was on but I would have to say my heart is just not in it anymore.

Perhaps one day I will go back to my old home on Napa Valley just so I can piss off some GM's. Until that time I am afraid that I am withdrawing fully from this community.

I wish you all the best of luck in every endeavor.
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ...And this is Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 06:58:47 PM »
+1
My prayers go out to you fellow scripter. May the breezes of life continue to be a guide for you so you can find some uplifting postives in all this.  If you need an ear to lean your way for some time my icq is on here message me.  I am a good listener.  God bless you and your family my friend.

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 06:59:08 PM »
+1
Very sorry to hear of your loss Bookwyrm. We will be here if/when you come back. Take care.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline Superslayer

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Superslayer barely matters.Superslayer barely matters.
  • Well what do you drink? Not tea.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 07:03:41 PM »
+1
Wow Bookwyrm, I'm horribly sorry to hear this. Though I don't know you well, I certainly do know how it feels to loose a loved one (my brother in this case) but surely not the same. Mine, and my family's thoughts are with you and your family, through this, and those to come, times of need, hope and friendship. SUO does not matter, and should not for you in this time. Your place is with your family, as it is with all of ours outside of this place.

Please do what is right, and if you feel the desire to say hi down the road, we'll be here.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 07:45:15 PM »
+1
Oh my Bookwyrm, I'm so sad to hear of your loss; I'm absolutely shocked!  Know that you're always welcome here and we'll definitely miss you.  So don't worry about this community at all; we'll be here when you decide to come back.  Also if there's anything I can do for you personally, please give me a PM.  I'm not a praying type, but if I did I'd certainly say one for you.

For all those who don't know BW, he's one of the best people we've had in the past few sites like this.  Especially uocoders where he beat up my Elite scripts pleanty!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 07:48:05 PM »
+1
After becoming a cancer survivor myself Book, I fully understand the power a few prayers sent your way can have.  I'll say a few for you and your family also.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 07:51:31 PM »
+1
We mourn your loss.  Come seek solace here anytime.

:'(

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 08:15:59 PM »
+1
You will always be welcome here.  I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  Maybe we will cross paths with you again in the future.  Until then, be well.  My thoughts will be with you.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 08:49:49 PM »
+1
I just dont know what to say Bookwyrm, that must be/have been a terrible time.  I just recently lost my motherinlaw and that was pretty bad; I carnt imagine loosing a spouse.  Dont worry about us here at SUO if you ever decide to return we probably will still be around ... Please look after yourself...
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 09:25:37 PM »
+1
My sincere sympathy for you and your family Bookwyrm. Take care.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 09:40:24 PM »
+1
Bookwyrm I am the praying type and I pray that the Lord would give you comfort in your pain and guidance in your life.
God Bless and Keep you always...
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 10:07:27 PM »
+1
I know how it is to lose someone so close.  I know nothing will take the pain away or even lessen it, so I pray God give you strength through the hard time you are going through.  We will be here for your return if that should happen someday.
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 10:34:25 PM »
+1
To think that you took the time enough to tell us what's going on in your life and let us know of your loss is truly touching.  I did not know you personally, but only heard of you.   I am also the "praying type" and I will say a few for you and the family...please add my condolences to the many that you have already received.  My heart and prayers go out to you..

ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

Offline BookwyrmTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Bookwyrm has no influence.
  • Better Civilization Through Medication
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 01:10:00 PM »
+1
Thank you all for your kind words and good thoughts. I will continue to poke my head in from time to time to make sure that TM and the Big C have not carried through on their plans to form the first UO Scripting sweat shop (they're supposed to wait until the real estate deal for that nasty little shack in Cambodia goes through). So keep the fun rolling.

Until next time

Bookwyrm
"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."   Lazarus Long

"The second most preposterous notion is that copulation is inherently sinful."   L.L. 

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 05:35:57 PM »
+1
BW,

I too know what its like to lose a loved one, though in my case it was an 8 year old daughter.  There is nothing that anyone can say or do that will make it any easier or any better for you.  Just know brother, that time does indeed heal all wounds.  Keep your faith and you will get thru this.  And as hard as it may seem now, you will look back and realize how blessed you have been.  Keep your chin up and like everyone else offered, if you need a sympathetic ear, just give me a shout.. I will be more than glad to listen.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: