Author Topic: LMC or MR?  (Read 5746 times)

Offline crazzienesTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • crazzienes has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
LMC or MR?
« on: February 11, 2013, 12:41:23 AM »
So this could be a silly question, but my new mystic bard is struggling to make things work atm.  The simple part is I need to know what is more important when you are running both peace songs, and planning to use lots of RC's, and mysticism heal on standby when poisoned. 
I have 5 pieces on my suit I'm imbuing.  2 of them I cannot fit both Lower Mana Cost, and Mana Regen.   have to pick one or the other. 
as you already know if you're planning a response for this LMC is 8% max.  and MR is 2max.  Experienced bards have told me you want at least 20MR but I'm only at 15.  then I was looking at the reality.  if I can get 40% mana reduction.  then I barely need 3/5 of the desired mana regen right?  advice?  (I'm short the 5 points on magery because I have to wait 2 more months to get all 720 points)
btw spec is currently
120 music
120 peace
120 provoc
120 mysticism
95 magery
100 Focus
100 Poison
Thanks for looking!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
Re: LMC or MR?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:44:33 AM »
Well... 1st off  Mana Regeneration link...

http://www.uoguide.com/Mana_Regeneration

2nd..   Max out your LMC 1st is what I would do .. & THEN your MR.   The only thing that perhaps changes that is if Bard Masteries ARE NOT effected by LMC, which should be easy enough for you to test.  If they ARE effected by LMC then you definately need 40% LMC.  Also, just so you are aware the maximum MR in items you can benefit from is 30.   That was posted in a quote from a developer somewhere when he listed the Mana Regeneration forumula (So anything over 30 MR on your total suit is wasted).   I know that on any PvP mage I'm looking for 2.25 MR / Sec at least usually & anywhere up to 2.8 or so or MAYBE 3 MR /sec on a Myst Mage Reforged Suit is what I'm accustomed to.   A Bard would definitely need at least that imo.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:23:33 AM »
TYVM!  this is just the info I needed!   turns out I also found lower mana cost has a cap of 40.  I didn't know that before!  that gives me 2 more mr since pendant of the magi is part of my build.  ty for the link, and ty for the advice!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:25:38 AM »
When I'm making a mage suit, here are my standards:

100% LRC
40% LMC
2/6 faster casting/faster cast recovery
15+ MR (18+ preferred)
15 SDI (or 30 if pure mage)
45+ DCI

Those are my must haves! In terms of desireables, I have recently been putting HP regen and eaters on my suit. My latest mage suit is as follows:

100 LRC
40 LMC
2/6 casting
18 MR
18 HPR
15 SDI
50 DCI
27 Fire Eater
26 Energy Eater
12 Damage Eater
20 HP Increase
8 Mana Increase (piece just happened to have that)

I am working on swapping 2 pieces out of the suit so i'll have 30 Fire Eater and 15 Damage Eater and potentially 25 HP Increase (which is the cap). But this is a 50+ mil suit that is SICK!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 11:22:03 AM »
yeah lol ur out of my price range.. if I can't farm it or craft it with a fisherman(Love you TM), fully loaded crafter (thnx to euo/scriptuo.com) tamer, or sampire.  then I can't get it.  I stopped playing the game when everyone else got rich I played other games lol.  am still pretty recently back to the game.  I just don't have that kind of cash yet.  I'm at 2.5mil lol.  and I farm for everything.  I started getting up there, then I found out sampires need a slayer of every type.  gotta craft those.  then in order to have something last they have to have lots of charges of powder of fort.  ect ect.  these are all things I'm learning as I go.  Soooo I have to keep it basic for now.  but at least I have some knowledge on what gear I'm going to aspire to retrieve!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 01:51:37 PM »
@ Maddog...    That's rocking something in both hands isn't it?   If not what are your resists bc that's pretty nice.   I'd presonally drop the eaters other than Damage eater all & add in CF, bc imo offense ALWAYS has a use where Defense doesn't.   I cannot imagine how many times a 17% chance to cast through the dexxer hit lets me pull off an EXP, Ebolt <EBOLT> when they'd expect me to fizzle etc.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »
I thought CF was capped at like 8% or something ridiculous?  Why not just go protection and buff up all your resists and FC/FCR to compensate?

(I'm also not a PvPer, so i really want to know.  Not rhetorical!)

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 04:42:14 PM »
Drop the poison for Disco and rock a full 480 bard.  You get a lower mana cost for the spell/songs and they are much more powerful plus the disco makes everything better.  There is a thread here http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=7942.0 where some research was done on the bard songs. 
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »
IF you cast protection , you lost all your FC and become  negative FC. 

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 08:56:10 PM »
@ Maddog...    That's rocking something in both hands isn't it?   If not what are your resists bc that's pretty nice.   I'd presonally drop the eaters other than Damage eater all & add in CF, bc imo offense ALWAYS has a use where Defense doesn't.   I cannot imagine how many times a 17% chance to cast through the dexxer hit lets me pull off an EXP, Ebolt <EBOLT> when they'd expect me to fizzle etc.

That is with just a -15mage weapon bokuto. Nothing in my off-hand so I can chug. My resists are 71/71/70/66/71. And I actually swapped out a piece to make it 15% Damage Eater (previously 12) and am closing to making it 30 Fire Eater. I also have 4% casting focus right now, might be able to squeeze a little more in!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 07:20:25 AM »
50% Enhance potions or is it a Mystic Mage?   That's a nice setup for a non-focused Mage though, gives me something to aim form.   I was looking to build that pretty much but with the CF for a Focused Mage w/ 50^ EP setup.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 10:05:58 AM »
50% Enhance potions or is it a Mystic Mage?   That's a nice setup for a non-focused Mage though, gives me something to aim form.   I was looking to build that pretty much but with the CF for a Focused Mage w/ 50^ EP setup.

That suit is currently is being used on a Mystic Mage (120 mage/med/eval/resist/mystic/focus) and does have 25 EP on the ring (I forgot to mention it in my original post).

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 10:57:22 AM »
IF you cast protection , you lost all your FC and become  negative FC. 

When I do mage suits that I plan on using protection with.  I am sure to over cap the FC so that even in protection, I'm still casting at 2/6 speed.

Offline ximan

• Activity:
    0%
  • ximan has no influence.
  • Respect: +16
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 11:18:47 AM »
IF you cast protection , you lost all your FC and become  negative FC.  

When I do mage suits that I plan on using protection with.  I am sure to over cap the FC so that even in protection, I'm still casting at 2/6 speed.

uoguide makes it sound like that isn't possible for all casters, or at least not for necro or magery, or chiv if magery or mysticism are 70 or more.  For those skills, when protection is in effect, it looks like they'll have FC 0 regardless of how much/little they have on them.

Offline Alpha

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »
A quick guide on Casting speeds and protection....

Casting Speed Caps without considering protection:

• Magery / Myst / Necromancy = Max Faster Casting Cap of 2
  • Ninja / Bush / Chiv / Spellweaving = Max Faster Casting Cap of 4 

What protection DOES...  "It drops the Faster Casting CAP by 2.

What this means...  effectively... even if you had 4/6 equipped on a Mage the max Faster casting Magery allows is 2.  Protection would then lower that 2FC cap to ZERO.. aka 0/6 Casting.   An interesting case with this is that the casting cap for chivalry is 4/6.   This means that if your using chivalry by itself (no magery over 70) and you then cast protection the CAP of 4/6 chiv casting becomes 2/6.   Which means you don't need to equip 4/6 casting if your using protection / chiv.   You'd only need to have 2/6 casting and have uninterruptible 2/6 chiv casting.

There are things that impose Faster Casting speed penalties though which you can get around by "OVER capping your FC"   
  • SC -1 Weapons
  • Stone Form -2FC I think

I'm sure there's a few other's which I'm missing atm.

Tags: