Author Topic: Vendor Search script, does one exist?  (Read 14866 times)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Vendor Search script, does one exist?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 07:30:10 AM »
I know this thread is a year old but I started it then and I find myself needing it again, I loathe vendor searches as they are now. I'd really like to check a list of items to see if any are for sale but manually typing them out becomes a huge pain with 50+ items on the list.

I noticed that copy/paste from a text file works, which speeds it up just a little, but not much :)

Did a working script ever get posted to check vendor search against a list of "most wanted" items? Oh and yes I have used sites like SearchUO but find them to be problematic at times since they seem to only search luna and a lot of the time don't display Items at all that I know are on a vendor.

If there is a particular interest on doing automated Searchs I could write something in c# with Stealth where you have a subform for queries and import\export them and then execute queries.

See the new elite EUO script   ... that does this .. was pretty easy.. posting soon.    Everything done except reading the gump Price value.  Have to mod kalocr for that been long time forgotten how to .. opps
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 07:59:56 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline GemviperTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Gemviper hides in shadows.
  • Respect: +57
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 02:43:24 PM »
In thinking more about this: If a script is written that checks for all of the items on someone's "wish list" then too many people will have it running which hammers the game's vendor search system. I don't think a UO dev would have to work too hard to find people who look for "insert uber item here" every 5 minutes around the clock, ya know? And they would look, that system is resource intensive.

Perhaps a better idea: a manual list where you would have to manually click on previously entered items(no typing, yay), or as one of my favorite auction house addons did in WoW a history list of things you've searched for that allow one click re-search.(no typing, yay).

Or another way to go: A script that creates a targeting cursor so that when you click on an item in your pack it launches vendor search for that item. This would run into the problem that some words are too vague, even if they are part of an item name. UO throws an error when you use them so some parsing to get rid of them would be needed.

*NOTE*: That last method could employ a "last checked" date with the value it found then if you are not in your house or at a bank, such as when you are standing at someone's vendor or deep in a dungeon.

Which do you think would work best?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 02:45:21 PM by Gemviper »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 03:59:32 PM »
Well its written (elite posted) ...  and yes defiantly a script that could be open to abuse... but the search index is slow so your not likely to be checking every 5 mins.   Maybe once twice a day until you got what you wanted.

but is open for abuse... so that's why haven't general public released it  yet....    was a bit harder to write than expected as I ended up writing a partial  OCR function along with it (numbers only)... but that was the fun part...   :)

What list of items are you looking to search for ???

Edit well thought I posted in my elite section but actaully posted in general.. so enjoy... :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 04:04:38 AM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 02:28:58 AM »
I think the Query is slow because its a database Query on Subtables with filters.
Then the result need to be back parsed to Gump Code wich can take a while ;)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2015, 04:03:43 AM »
I think the Query is slow because its a database Query on Subtables with filters.
Then the result need to be back parsed to Gump Code wich can take a while ;)

Also depends on the shard .. I noticed searches on Atlantic shard are dramatically faster than the same search on pacific.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 12:14:27 AM »
I can't post the list of items I would look for here because it's too long, pretty much every known rare, em item and things I collect.

Those things don't get posted on a vendor very often, to be honest I would probably use this to find some items that people post without knowing how much they can really get for them. I bought a 100% LRC suit last week for 100k for example. That might seem like a bit much until you realize he sold it in a "gift box" worth 500k :)

I'd come up with a list of items I actively deal with and use it to monitor the price of those and to find items available cheap. For those reasons I now expect NEVER to see such a script posted here because, as you say, it's probably in the elite section and nobody there will want me finding these things, lol.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:25:18 AM by Gemviper »

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 08:37:11 AM »
I can't post the list of items I would look for here because it's too long, pretty much every known rare, em item and things I collect.

Those things don't get posted on a vendor very often, to be honest I would probably use this to find some items that people post without knowing how much they can really get for them. I bought a 100% LRC suit last week for 100k for example. That might seem like a bit much until you realize he sold it in a "gift box" worth 500k :)

I'd come up with a list of items I actively deal with and use it to monitor the price of those and to find items available cheap. For those reasons I now expect NEVER to see such a script posted here because, as you say, it's probably in the elite section and nobody there will want me finding these things, lol.

your right .. I had accidentally posted it public instead of elite and was going to leave it their; but you make a good argument and have moved it to elite now.... :)

but being as was your original idea.. I sent you a pm...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 08:52:18 AM by Endless Night »

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2018, 08:46:08 AM »
I've been watching a couple of my items get undercut repeatedly, within an hour, all morning so figured I'd come check on this. Has it been posted anywhere or is it still tucked away in the elite section?

Figured I'd ask before I write my own. I could write this in an afternoon at this point, I guess I've learned a lot since I first posted this thread  ::)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:38:00 AM by Gemviper »

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2018, 01:15:01 PM »
i look in the Elite section and most be blind because I don't see what EN talking.   

With the new vendor search, it easy to see of items, plus some ppl other seat their to look at their vendor.  I have no idea what the deal with vendor.   Put the prices that is right and wait for ppl to buy it.   

Second option is to write your own search

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.2%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2018, 03:17:19 PM »
You need to go to his script library and look in the private section.

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile

Offline zaan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • zaan has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2019, 05:10:36 PM »
OMG! @Endless Night
I've been looking for this script for months! I want to connect it to my discord server. Is there anyway I can get a copy? I'm fairly new to scripting, and it's daunting to think of recreating it. It would be super amazing to pricecheck from chat. If you're not willing to release it, maybe just the OCR bit? That's the most daunting part for me.   

Offline Fabolous1

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Fabolous1 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2020, 04:55:41 PM »
I know this thread is a year old but I started it then and I find myself needing it again, I loathe vendor searches as they are now. I'd really like to check a list of items to see if any are for sale but manually typing them out becomes a huge pain with 50+ items on the list.

I noticed that copy/paste from a text file works, which speeds it up just a little, but not much :)

Did a working script ever get posted to check vendor search against a list of "most wanted" items? Oh and yes I have used sites like SearchUO but find them to be problematic at times since they seem to only search luna and a lot of the time don't display Items at all that I know are on a vendor.

I'm absolutely interested if you have done anything with this :)

It's been a very long time I have worked with c#, but I'm interested in extending this idea and making a web front for it, after consuming the data you get with a vendor search script
If there is a particular interest on doing automated Searchs I could write something in c# with Stealth where you have a subform for queries and import\export them and then execute queries.

Tags: