Author Topic: ScriptUO...?  (Read 34973 times)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ScriptUO...?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2008, 07:03:10 AM »
+1
Another Minor Bug

The File menu does not inactive close  and the other file options when thier is no file open.

Selecting close after you have already closed the file will pop an error.

No biggy.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline Nicar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nicar has no influence.
  • Respect: +20
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2008, 07:35:19 AM »
+1
script uo is like as easy uo??

It's like a hamburger, but this one has cheese and 8 slices of bacon.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 03:34:10 PM »
+1
Another Minor Bug

The File menu does not inactive close  and the other file options when thier is no file open.

Selecting close after you have already closed the file will pop an error.

No biggy.

Well duh.  heh.  One of those corner cases.  Actually, that points out a couple other issues I see now.  Easy fixes, but still fixes needing a fix.  I seem to have a fixation to fixes; or in this case a lack of follow-through leading to a lack of fixes in the current "fixed" program.

Thanks for the bug report!
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 10:38:47 AM »
+1
Ok, I've fixed a few issues that EN has come up with.  The new version is in the Elite section to be tested.  Perhaps will be posting the new version in a week or so.  Someone a while ago asked to be able to minimize the "debug test" output panel at the lower portion of the screen.  I have added that feature.

Also, I added a debug command that allows you to output debug information from your script to this panel.  The syntax is like this:

Code: [Select]

set %var this , #SPC , is , #SPC , a , #SPC test
  debug %var

This will be nice for debugging purposes in that you won't have to do "display" or sysmsg outputs for debugging.

I'm in the process of change the memory structure to allow for easier visibility of variables in the debug tab.  This will also make the whole architecture much more thread-safe.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 10:47:48 AM by TrailMyx »
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline waggler

• Activity:
    0%
  • waggler has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2008, 05:16:55 PM »
+1
i just came across script uo today.. i was  aactive uocoders member and im curious to how scriptuo works..   i dotn have access to the scripts yet so i curious... do thes work in easyuo or in  script uo only...  whats the diffenence?

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2008, 08:35:57 PM »
+1
Well for the time being SUO is simply for development reasons only as the client interaction hasn't been setup yet.  However for development you will never want to do EUO coding ever again.  I do all my coding in SUO now and then for the time being run it in EUO at least until SUO gets client interaction completed :)

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2009, 01:43:42 PM »
+1
Is There Any Possibility To test the New Beta Version without be a Elite Member?
Suo is a Wonderful Program, I Like it and now i want to use euox as Rare as Possible.
But The Non Standalone Version and the non Nondisplay of System Variables make it Hart to Delete euox

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »
+1
Frankly there's not much difference between the released version and the beta version.  I only recently added Boydon to the beta list since he's been a community scripter since the beginning really and actually helped me out with a bit of code.

So for now we won't be adding anyone else, but I do appreciate your request.  I have a list of people that have expressed interest in the beta and I will add your name to the pool.  No guarantees, though.  When we start testing client interaction, we'll want to test the piss out of it and we will need a dedicate core of scripting individuals. 
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2009, 03:19:39 PM »
+1
Frankly there's not much difference between the released version and the beta version.  I only recently added Boydon to the beta list since he's been a community scripter since the beginning really and actually helped me out with a bit of code.

So for now we won't be adding anyone else, but I do appreciate your request.  I have a list of people that have expressed interest in the beta and I will add your name to the pool.  No guarantees, though.  When we start testing client interaction, we'll want to test the piss out of it and we will need a dedicate core of scripting individuals. 

ty it heard Well :)

okay i will wait :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2009, 03:38:37 PM »
+1
Oh, and to answer your question about additional functionality.  I do intend to add file handling, xml script configuration, and debugger output.

Actually, in the beta version of SUO, there is a debug command that will allow you to output debug text to the console.  So you can do this:

for %i 1 5
    debug I love to count , #SPC , %i , #SPC , Ha Ha Ha!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Djego

• Activity:
    0%
  • Djego has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »
+1
Actually, in the beta version of SUO, there is a debug command that will allow you to output debug text to the console.  So you can do this:

for %i 1 5
    debug I love to count , #SPC , %i , #SPC , Ha Ha Ha!

now THAT's very useful... i always used display and that crap to debug my script...

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2009, 06:40:53 PM »
+1
If there's one thing that I have over Cheffe is having actually written 100s of very complicated scripts so I have a huge list of, "Gee I wish I could do this instead of that..."

So hopefully I can bring some of those new ideas to this whole thing.  :)
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • UO Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2009, 05:29:18 AM »
+1
If there's one thing that I have over Cheffe is having actually written 100s of very complicated scripts so I have a huge list of, "Gee I wish I could do this instead of that..."

So hopefully I can bring some of those new ideas to this whole thing.  :)
who is Cheffe? You Mean From Easyuo Forum?
100 scripts? to Use at suo? as addable Feature?
mhh..
I dunno much about c# or Lua or something.. abit from all but not much.
i only use as Hobby easyuo..

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +238
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2009, 02:06:35 AM »
+1
whois Cheffe?
whois Cheffe?

The Creator of EUO and our Updater!

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2009, 08:37:48 AM »
+1
With the holidays being over does that mean TM will start working on this some more maybe???????  I really can't wait to see some of the client interaction start to work :)

Tags: