Author Topic: Skills Gains on OSI/EA and Scripting  (Read 4297 times)

Offline CrisisTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Skills Gains on OSI/EA and Scripting
« on: July 01, 2017, 07:15:20 PM »
+1
Did they change something to slow down scripting? I am working on magery using c2's ultimate casting trainer. My overall skills equal 313 skill points, magery is 90.7 real but I am using a spell channeling wand with -24 magery giving me 66.7 and I have only gained like .6 in about 20 minutes. I am using MR stuff and have focus and med so I am able to cast quickly and regain mana quickly, so WTF is going on??????

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
Re: Skills Gains on OSI/EA and Scripting
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 08:24:41 PM »
+1
I am stopping it now at 91.7 so almost nothing.  :-[

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 05:37:08 AM »
+1
you are casting Lvl 6 ( invisible)  take time and lot of mana.   U need to cast lvl 5 .  with a -29 wand you only need to go from 97 to gm casting lvl 6.    I havent train a magery in a long time on OSI.  should take you 17 hr  from 30 to gm.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 05:44:37 AM »
+1
With the -24 mage weapon (couldn't find a -29 one on vendor search) I was at 67.7 and still casting circle 5 spells. It was casting Dispel Field. I don't remember exactly but I know I could go from 30-gm in a lot less than 24 hours. The long grind was going to 120 magery. It is .2 till I hit 67.9 and maybe then it will gain more when I jump to invis. It has been a while for me as but if I remember right you gain more from fails than success.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 05:51:19 AM »
+2
What shard - maybe i have a -29 wand (and it does make a difference)

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 07:02:18 AM »
+2
Also, if you are using a older version of superbob , it will take you 6 days to GM magery.  it slow down over time :(  he made a magery version that work .   I use Kal of LS magery https://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=356003#356003.   SImple and easy to mod.   Just set your FCR on top and  hit play.   Is that for a toon on Chessy. 

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 07:05:43 AM »
+1
I originally started on a cats and I am re-purposing an old and unused character there. I have a ton of stuff on Chessy to speed things up as far as mr/fc/fcr and plenty of -29 mage weps. I may have to bring stuff from Chessy there. Hell, I cannot even find low end power scrolls there.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 09:22:58 AM »
+1
Thanks for lending me the wand and jewelry Ghost! I am at 95 real but taking a break as it has been going a while and I don't feel like messing with possible GMs. I don't have a house so I have been moving around to random out of the way places, trying not to stay in any one place for long. I am not sure if they are still being strict on scripting but not taking the chance lol. The gains still seem a lot slower than in the past though.

Thanks for the offer Gim, Ghost hooked me up. :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:24:36 AM by Crisis »

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 09:25:17 AM »
+1
just dont be in a busy town ( Luna). Any place work. I often use a boat.

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +96
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 01:04:15 PM »
+1
I originally started on a cats and I am re-purposing an old and unused character there. I have a ton of stuff on Chessy to speed things up as far as mr/fc/fcr and plenty of -29 mage weps. I may have to bring stuff from Chessy there. Hell, I cannot even find low end power scrolls there.

Low end scrolls can be hard to find now with the taming changes.

Offline Biza

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Biza has no influence.
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 10:31:49 AM »
+1
Exactly, low power scrolls like 05 or 10 are plentiful and cheap so everyone made a mad grab for them. Prices for every wrestling scroll have sky rocketed. I made a fortune. P.s. crises if you need a safe space on cheesy pm me I can friend ya.
Quote from: TrailMyx
These are the things we look for in new users and perspective Elite members:

Quoting Elites/GMods/Admins in your siggys.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 11:52:50 AM »
+1
Exactly, low power scrolls like 05 or 10 are plentiful and cheap so everyone made a mad grab for them. Prices for every wrestling scroll have sky rocketed. I made a fortune. P.s. crises if you need a safe space on cheesy pm me I can friend ya.

I appreciate it but that is my main shard. I started on Cats and am working a character there to do some things. I ended up bringing some stuff over to help. It took a lot longer than I remember in the past though.

Tags: