Author Topic: Audiophiles, need your help.  (Read 7712 times)

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Audiophiles, need your help.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 09:02:14 AM »
The LG 47LH90 is my choice.
The active control of the LED backlighting makes for simply the best color reproduction with still rich dark black. THX doesn't give their certification to any other LCD panel TV and that should tell you something right there. None of the others does color and blacks as well as the LH90s.
The Sharp has extremely bright colors which might be a good choice if it is going into a room that is very brightly lit when you are watching TV however it has a shiny screen over the panel that can cause additional glare on the screen that can be irritating to some.
Also the "blacks" on the Sharp are actually just very, very dark blues and that can be another distraction.

Overall if I was buying again I would not have gotten my Sony "W" series over that LG. And I LOVE my Sony.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 10:04:13 AM »
Thanks cgeorgemo... thats the type of write up I need in this process.

That LG is on my list, but I show none in stock at any Sears around. I'll keep researching. Probably won't have the money till end of month or into next month.

I'm planning on buying before Christmas. I know lots of people are thinking "wow Cerveza, your a dumazz for not waiting" but most places offer a 30 day (or 60 day) price guarantee. So if their price is lower then you paid, they'll refund/credit the difference. Better to beat the crowds and shop will a full stock then wait.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline cgeorgemo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • cgeorgemo has no influence.
  • I'm Brian...cgeorgemo is Curious George Missouri
  • Respect: +19
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 10:21:03 AM »
If Sears doesn't have it in stock to take home that day you can place an order for one to be delivered to the store for you to pick up.
Here in Missouri we can get them on the next truck into the store for our customers.
It's not always the same everywhere though if the distribution warehouse is out of stock then you might have to wait until LG gets them delivered to Sears.
As for price matching Sears will match their own price or any local competitors price for 30 days. I've been told that Best Buy will now only atch themselves for price matching after the sale not any competitors. This was relayed to me by a customer and I haven't verified that yet. They could have been mistaken or simply misunderstood the Best Buy associate.
Sarcasm is your body's natural defense against stupidity.

Tags: