Author Topic: Back to UO =]  (Read 894 times)

Offline thatguyTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • thatguy has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Back to UO =]
« on: October 10, 2021, 08:12:30 AM »
Hi there,

I'm ThatGuy and I am returning to UO after a few year break.  I play on a RunUO sponsored server and it is great to be back into the game.  I started UO on AOL Legends right before AOS was released.  I remember the awe my friends and I had for the upcoming paladins and necromancers.  Turns out AOS changed quite a bit about the old game my friends enjoyed, so one by one, they slowly migrated to other games ( I think WoW was releasing around then too).

After leaving AOL Legends, I found Crow's Kingdom, a free server that ran for several years.  It had a higher fc/fcr, custom scripts for items/monsters/townhouses,etc.  I stayed there for several years until the owner stopped hosting the server.  I learned a lot about scripting there.

I was never much of a PVPer in UO, but I always enjoyed trying to figure it out.  Either having to know all the hotkeys or having the right macros was always a challenge to me.  I also didn't get into big groups of gank squads, so my team tactics were always a bit lackluster.

I always enjoyed the PvM and collecting items.  I also enjoy messing with scripts on EZUO, Razor, and UOS.  I enjoy automating processes and making things easier.  I currently use all three programs and love experimenting with code.  I am requesting to use this site so I may continue to expand my scripting knowledge and possibly create some useful scripts to share.

I currently work full time and go to college.  Pretty busy, but still find time for UO :)

It's nice to meet you all!  Hope I can join the group!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +273
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Back to UO =]
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 08:53:12 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Back to UO =]
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 10:32:24 AM »

A Warm Welcome!

Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Way to go Gim, you just had to let thatguy in. Now you will let just about anyone in if you let thatguy in! LMAO

Welcome to SUO Thatguy!

Tags: