Author Topic: Anyone ever had a root canal done?  (Read 8579 times)

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone ever had a root canal done?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 10:37:11 AM »
My wisdom teeth were all totally buried and going under other teeth or some such thing... they knocked me out and took over 2-3hrs to remove all 4 ...  As normally with these things i woke up in the middle and they knocked me out good and proper the second time...  I was left with 4 pits at the back of mouth that i had to somehow keep clean until they healed....  Mainly mouth washes consisting of  50/50 mix of hydrogen peroxide and water or maybe it was 1/3 2/3.. do not remember how long if anything the pain lasted etc...  but do remember being uncomfortable for quiet sometime.

Depending on how difficult pulling the wisdom teeth is you can be left with nerve damage resulting in a permanent pins and needles feeling in your lips... I remember odds were 3% for me which i considered very high... but luckily I had no adverse side effects.  Of course all this may have since changed as mine were pulled about 20 years ago.
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »
i must of got luck with my wisdom teeth getting pulled out.

They came right out, i had pits, but they were healed in 3 days. No pain or discomfort even after they pulled them. I was smoking weed an hour after they were pulled (not smart I was told)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
I'm having major anxiety about making the call and telling them to go ahead and do it. Right now with the antibiotics and mortrin I'm not in pain at the moment.

Funny how when I was in serious pain that there wasn't any hesitation on my part...I was good and ready. Now with the antibiotics and motrin I'm draggin my feet.

Not sure what to do....I need to call within the hour or set it up for next week sometime.

Maybe I could buy some time and get it done next week and get a few hardy meals in before the procedure. I haven't mentally prepared myself.

Comments like : "It's going to be rough" and "Close your eyes when they bring out the tools" aren't helping.

I'm a big baby. :'(

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 01:25:07 PM »
I am sorry, the "rough" comment I made was in response to an earlier suggestion you do it without sedation. I guess I was suggesting that maybe that was not a good idea.

I honestly think you should just do it.  I had my wisdom teeth out while sedated, and I was even awake for part of it, but it was still no big deal. I opened my eyes to see the dentist had a knee on the side of my head to give him leverage while yanking on a tooth and I was flying so high I didn't care.  I was eating the next day too -- if only meatloaf -- and I never had a problem.  You have definitely put up with much worse now, maybe even while on motrin.
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 01:51:06 PM »
Painless.  However, there is 1 complication I had with a rootcanal that was horrible. for a month and a half, small blood clots were forming inside the tooth.  And I had to have the tooth opened and closed  several times.  The pain from the pressure was outrageous.  And the amount of Vicodin I had to take was horrible.  I can't even take vicodin anymore without getting a headache.  I developed some adverse reaction to the stuff after having to take so much for so long.

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 03:33:34 PM »
Going in tommorrow! ???

I probably won't get any sleep tonight but it has to get done sometime. I went for a bike ride and pretty much decided I needed to man up and get it done. Just before I hopped in the shower a burst of pain came and that sealed the deal.

"Heaven helps those whose face their fears"! ;)

Thanks all for sharing your experiences. I'll be able to share my own this time tomorrow.

Offline seeriusly

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • seeriusly has no influence.
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 03:43:45 PM »
Root canal... ehh...  I fell asleep the last time they were drilling on me.  I have had my jaw broken, wired shut, several root canals since I was 15, I can't seem to stay awake when I'm all kicked back in that comfy chair.  lol...  No biggie.  take your ipod and kick back.

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »
if they're good, they'll over-medicate you.

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 10:10:55 PM »
Going in tommorrow! ???

I probably won't get any sleep tonight but it has to get done sometime. I went for a bike ride and pretty much decided I needed to man up and get it done. Just before I hopped in the shower a burst of pain came and that sealed the deal.

"Heaven helps those whose face their fears"! ;)

Thanks all for sharing your experiences. I'll be able to share my own this time tomorrow.

Quick!  Now is the time to haxxors Ultima's account!  He won't be able to check it for 24 hours, and when he does, he'll me ultra medicated!

(Seriously though, may it be swift and painless)

Offline freddy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • freddy has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 11:52:07 PM »

(Seriously though, may it be swift and painless)

the acc hacking will be :D

GL ultima with the surgery.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 01:08:01 AM »
If you want to reduce the cost... Do what I do when I get stitches and such, ask for no anesthesia.

Hardcore, bro.  Hardcore.

Whatever reduces the cost!

1 stitch up, 8 stitches with anesthesia, 967$

5 separate stitch ups, something like 120 stitches, ~570$.

Say no to drugs. :>

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 01:09:11 AM »
I'm having major anxiety about making the call and telling them to go ahead and do it. Right now with the antibiotics and mortrin I'm not in pain at the moment.

Funny how when I was in serious pain that there wasn't any hesitation on my part...I was good and ready. Now with the antibiotics and motrin I'm draggin my feet.

Not sure what to do....I need to call within the hour or set it up for next week sometime.

Maybe I could buy some time and get it done next week and get a few hardy meals in before the procedure. I haven't mentally prepared myself.

Comments like : "It's going to be rough" and "Close your eyes when they bring out the tools" aren't helping.

I'm a big baby. :'(

If it hurts too bad, punch the dentist! :>

Na but seriously, pain is only temporary. You'll be fine.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 09:39:29 AM »
They just ended up doing the root canal and not pulling my wisdom tooth. They gave me plenty of novocaine and it was pretty much painless.

Novocaine is slowly wearing off so we'll see how I feel in a couple more hours. All I really have is a bit of a headache which could be due to all the anxiety I had.

Gotta go back and get more work done later but I'm glad I got this taken care of.

The pain caused from the infection before I started taking the antibiotics was friggin' insane.

Onward...forward! :)

Offline Paulonius

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.Paulonius is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2011, 09:47:31 AM »
Nice work U!
This coin declares Caesar is "Dictator for Life." He did serve as Dictator for the remainder of his life, but his life would end only a few weeks after this issue. For Caesar to put his image on coins and essentially declare himself king was too much for Brutus and his republican allies.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough'
-Mario Andretti

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2011, 10:42:39 AM »
I've gone through 3 dentist's in the last 5 years and every one seems to say at the initial meeting that it's amazing that I have my wisdom teeth and I have really good insurance to which I say I'm only here for a cleaning and exam.  I'd second the whole evolution thing and we still have these teeth...
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Tags: