Author Topic: ENs - Character ToolBox (Multi Shard/Account)  (Read 141622 times)

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • gruntman has no influence.
  • Respect: +33
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: ENs - Character ToolBox (Multi Shard/Account)
« Reply #270 on: October 31, 2019, 06:11:41 PM »
There is already some kind of timer if a login fails. I do not think it successfully logs in again after the failed attempt. That is part of the reporting errors (version 6.03 and prior reported a false record where the character name is N/A, but everything else is the skills and stats for the previously successful character to login). My recommendation was to not report this false record.

I am not convinced it needs a lot of effort, because of how infrequently this gets used - like you have said. I would be extremely happy if it had a simple menu with a listbox to report the account number and character slot number that failed to login during the passes. Then I can do those manually. Knowing I need to go login with account1, on shard-A, character slot 4 - would be lovely.  ;)

As I stated earlier, I consider it my own fault when I leave a character off in the wild rather than in a safe logout location. It is not the fault of this very useful script.

Gaderian

I totally agree with you. I was simply pointing out that i figured out what the issue really was by sitting and watching it. that is all. EN - thanks for all you do bud! I remember way way back meeting you in game to provide you with runes to the one house island on several servers......its been a long time.

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 31, 2019, 06:13:38 PM »
Stop over complicate think.   Don use the skill camping to log out in the wood.  Use the comfort of the Inn under the protection of guard.
 As I bonus, the script will work properly.  :)

Ghost,

Thank you for your words of wisdom!! you always have the answer!! see you in game soon mister!

Offline Endless NightTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 31, 2019, 08:20:06 PM »
Stop over complicate think.   Don use the skill camping to log out in the wood.  Use the comfort of the Inn under the protection of guard.
 As I bonus, the script will work properly.  :)

Ghost,

Thank you for your words of wisdom!! you always have the answer!! see you in game soon mister!

LOL Camping in the woods,  I'd forgotten all about that,  I could add that option in, check for camping skill if greater than what .. and have what a bedroll in pack.. could work ...

On another note the storing script position after each character is working like a charm I managed to pickup all my gifts only had to resume 5 times, why UO wiggs out after so many loggins is a different issue. lol...     
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:22:41 PM by Endless Night »
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2019, 08:25:41 PM »
EN - thanks for all you do bud! I remember way way back meeting you in game to provide you with runes to the one house island on several servers......its been a long time.

Wow... I remember that,  That was donkeys years ago....
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."

Offline gruntman

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 01, 2019, 02:45:00 PM »
EN - thanks for all you do bud! I remember way way back meeting you in game to provide you with runes to the one house island on several servers......its been a long time.

Wow... I remember that,  That was donkeys years ago....

Yes sir!  we Donkeys stick together! :)

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 01, 2019, 03:21:41 PM »
Version  7.01

Sorry 7.00 Had a few critical bugs,  7.01 fixes that and improves upon the script reporting resume functions.

updates:
-  New Advanced stringlist subs, and more advanced writing of data to disk.
-  Removed contkind dependancy for login waitscreen and primary character creation screen.
-  Reports are now appended to the report file after each character processed so if a crash occurs reporting information is not lost.
-  Fix of misc reporting formating errors
-  Set able Var at top of script as to weather misc gumps should be closed:  set %CharacterClosePopups #false
-  Restructuring of code and other misc fixes.

Enjoy..

ps  hint,  in windows file explorer have either  UOCharToolBox-Resume.txt or UOCharToolBox-ShardResults.Txt  Highlighted and see the file content change after each character/shard processed.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:33:29 PM by Endless Night »

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Gaderian barely matters.Gaderian barely matters.
  • Respect: +50
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 02, 2019, 01:41:49 AM »
First, thank you for the updates. It actually seems to run faster than the previous version to me.

Downloaded and tested this using 3 accounts across all the shards setup in the script.

First account and first character ran fine through all the shards.
Switch to 2nd account, deletes account name, writes 2nd account name, writes password appended to the accountname. Fails to login on credentials. Repeats attempting to login until I stopped it (2-3 times).

Reran with 1 account configured. Correctly deleted the account name and refreshed with my defined account name and entered password properly.

As it found characters that had been created and sitting in Haven in the default starting position - automatically walked to the Inn to logout. Not sure if that was as intended, but a cool feature never the less.

The other abandoned characters that I ran to do a pickup was in the new Britain Commons area a few screen east of the West Brit Bank. There was a click location to pickup something - maybe last year (I do not remember). I was thinking that an interesting logout feature would be a more generic town based walk to an Inn/Tavern. I have a general sailing tool that might be adaptable to this. I am not sure I want to map out all towns, but maybe a few could be. I would use the "I'm stuck" option to transport to a known town on each facet. Once in that town, my tool could navigate walking to a tavern/inn. I think a character can logout instantly standing on the porch of some Inn's - so it would not even need door navigation. I will think about this some more...

Gaderian
"Go ahead ask me: 'Should I use hard waits or timers?'"
You say:"Should I"
Gaderian:"Timers!"
You Say:"use hard waits or timers?"

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 02, 2019, 06:19:47 AM »
It actually seems to run faster than the previous version to me.

Yes it probably does i streamlined some stuff

Downloaded and tested this using 3 accounts across all the shards setup in the script.
Switch to 2nd account, deletes account name, writes 2nd account name, writes password appended to the accountname. Fails to login on credentials. Repeats attempting to login until I stopped it (2-3 times).

Interesting I didnt test on mulitple accounts, must be a click positioning thing cannot image why if works for one should be all but obviously some bug someplace.

As it found characters that had been created and sitting in Haven in the default starting position - automatically walked to the Inn to logout. Not sure if that was as intended, but a cool feature never the less.

Yes that was intended and actually has been a feature for a long time.   Was it not working before ?

The other abandoned characters that I ran to do a pickup was in the new Britain Commons area a few screen east of the West Brit Bank. There was a click location to pickup something - maybe last year (I do not remember). I was thinking that an interesting logout feature would be a more generic town based walk to an Inn/Tavern. I have a general sailing tool that might be adaptable to this. I am not sure I want to map out all towns, but maybe a few could be. I would use the "I'm stuck" option to transport to a known town on each facet. Once in that town, my tool could navigate walking to a tavern/inn. I think a character can logout instantly standing on the porch of some Inn's - so it would not even need door navigation. I will think about this some more...

Yes I have often thought about doing this.  Does the help im stuck take you to the same place in each town or is it random.  If was same place I could easily write a path to each inn.  Random bit trickier for sure.

For new features...  I have thought about gump arrangement as a possible added feature,  open and setup each characters screen in a pre-determined way.

Notice I removed 1/2 the contkind requirments.. so 1/2 to go. :)

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 02, 2019, 08:28:27 AM »
I think the "Help - I am stuck" option places the character in a random place in the selected town. Having said that, I have used it a lot to go to the Royal City in Ter Mur and most of the the time it has put me in the same location, but I thought that other towns seem more random. So it might be that there are predefined locations and you get one randomly. I have not used it to travel to Britain often, but since that is the largest one - it would be the simplest to test on how [in]consistently this placement is.

I will try to test it out later.

Usually when I use this feature, I have died somewhere and need a healer where there are none - getting to a town and then back to my belongings has been the priority over checking if it is the same tile as last time this all went badly. LOL

The walk to the Inn feature in New Haven did work before with new characters that I built. I just never had left a character on the start location and logged it out before. I usually move it somewhere, so it surprised me - then got me thinking about a way to enhance that functionality.

There is Algander's (might have it spelled incorrectly) Positioning System that has coordinates based on tile location to say where you are - I think it has coded all the classic dungeons. I was thinking something like that idea would work for even common areas. Suppose a character is at Luna around the bank (or possibly in the courtyard between the moongate and stable), but not upstairs in the Inn. It would not be difficult to code a target location to the main walk, then move along that axis to go upstairs to the safe logout rooms. So even attempting to move on a open rail system to a known location, then make the march to the Tavern/Inn. New "common" locations could be easily added without requiring a walk to the logout location from *every* tile.

Gaderian

The serious side of timer use is illustrated here: http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=12094.msg101926#msg101926

However, every time I go back and look at this [AutoLooter] script, I realize I had wrote it in my zen state of EUO scripting - so it makes my brain hurt.

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 02, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »
So my quick test around Trammel:
took 2 characters on different accounts to shame via corrupted crystal portal (so I start from the same location; oh yeah, and because I am lazy, er, it was simple).
Help-I'm stuck -> Britain is the choice. One character was near the west docks. Other character was on the other side of the shipright building near the bridge at the south west exit from the city.
Help-I'm stuck again on each -> Cove is the choice. First character above was placed at the north end of Cove at the nw corner of the farm next to the apple tree. 2nd character above was a few tiles south of the bank.

Neither character was even on a shared X or Y axis from those simple tests. I am curious about Ter Mur because I believe I have been in the same location running around to the healer there frequently.

Still the tests prove it is not perfectly consistent, so there would have to be some flexibility to work out a method. I would not choose a large town like Britain. I would choose a smaller one with fewer path options.
Testing out Ter Mur several times... it is as I remember mostly, that my character(s) are placed on the south patio of the Inn west of the Mystic shop by about 2 screens or so.

It is quite possible that there are several cities that have small areas where characters are moved to using that method.

I think I will setup a data gathering project to see what I can learn.

Gaderian

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 02, 2019, 01:16:31 PM »
Well thinking on this probably easiest way to implement is to record a rail, or several rails around each city that ends up at an inn.   Then when a character lands on x,y scan the rail for closest point to landing, walk to that join rail and follow to inn.    Might mean in some circumstances a long walk but does it really matter this script is meant to be run unattended anyways.

Somewhere i think i had some code that would examine your x,y and tell you what city your in, if i can find it. 

Question:  on the help im stuck do you get to choose your city destination or is it picked for you. ?

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 02, 2019, 01:45:42 PM »
You pick the City your self.   
All the city have huge area and Cove have no Inn to my knowledge.   This have to be a long rail. 

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 02, 2019, 07:07:18 PM »
You pick the City your self.   
All the city have huge area and Cove have no Inn to my knowledge.   This have to be a long rail.

In that case,  which is the smallest city.  Make trail for that and pick it every time.

Inn/Tavern Options from Malas, Trammel, Fel are: Britain(6), trinsic (1), Vesper(1), Minoc (1), Yew(1), Cove
Or from SA:  Royal City(2), Holy City

Inn/Tavern Locations:
Royal City: 162-56'S, 41-3'W
                 160-24'S, 43-14'W
Yew:     71-12'N, 50-16'W  (inside empathy abbey)
Minoc:   107-51'N,  81-4'E
Trinsic:   97-28'S,   36-33'E
Vesper:  57-56'N,  101-36'E
Britian:   0-59'N,     12-9'E
              3-5'N,      19-11'E
              3-26'N,     21-52'E
              8-36's,       7-39'E
              0-0's,        11-52'E
              9-9'N,        10-41'E

I'm confused I cannot seem to get the 5min wait timer to activate,  I've logged out in random towns, not in inns and in random terrain in both fel and tram and I seem to be able to login another character on the same shard instantly.   How is the 5min timer triggered again been too long...

If you can logout in town without triggering 5min wait for next character on same shard to login, then we can just help i'm stuck to move character to town and then logout, even if character stands their for 5min very unlikely will get attacked.  This also means I can change the script back to its original design of doing a single shard at once, I stopped doing it that way purely because of the timer.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 07:16:21 PM by Endless Night »

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 02, 2019, 08:20:31 PM »
Thx for the fixes everyone!
 I am having an issue and cannot seem to figure out how to fix it.
when i have it cycle through my accounts it will get into the second account and then it bugs out (different spot every time) and starts to type the password into the account line and then it goofs up....i cannot figure out why it is doing this. anyone have a suggestion or even a fix?

Their was an error in the code,  I've tracked it down.. will be fixed on next update, as I cannot post fix now as I have temporarily broke something else oops...

Offline Gaderian

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 03, 2019, 01:25:43 AM »
Royal city option seems to place the user right outside the door to the inn.

Trinsic would also be a good option. Probably the quietest town and not difficult to navigate. A couple of bridges.

Minoc is probably the easiest to navigate. to the tavern at the top of town.

Britain and Luna tend to have the "click" gifts on shards. This might be good for rarely used accounts/characters where the character gets left out.

Vesper has too much spawn outside the inn. All the bridges to navigate would be a pain. Trying to come up with a "closest rail point" might be complex.

Just my random thoughts on town configurations.

Gaderian

Tags: