Author Topic: TrailMyx's Cross-healing Veterinary Trainer  (Read 12243 times)

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
TrailMyx's Cross-healing Veterinary Trainer
« on: May 08, 2015, 01:30:37 AM »
+1
Code: [Select]
;=================================================================
; Script Name: TrailMyx's Cross-healing Veterinary Trainer
; Author: TrailMyx
; Version: 3
; Shard OSI / FS: OSI / FS OK
; Revision Date: 9/29/2007
; Purpose: Trains veterinary skill using 2 tamed critters.  See requirements below:
; Requirements:
;   0) Adjust %target_skill and %secure_container according to your needs.
;   1) 2 equally weak critters.  I use cows
;   2) Guilded in Tram
;   3) Guard yourself with tames.  Name them both something unique and matching the names in UI
;   4) Pull the pet gumps and place them in a spot where they won't be covered.  This script uses
;      OCR to determine the pet health
;   5) BUNCH of bandages
;   6) Stand within 2 spaces of secure container
;   7) Press "Start" button to setup gumps to match the names in UI
;   8) "Start" button turns into "Ready" button.  Pressing that will begin the healing process
;      script will automatically cause the critters to kill one another.  If you are attacked, the script
;      will stop so you can start again.  
;
;=================================================================

Another one of my scripts I've used over the years that still works pretty well.  Keep the healing threshold around 90 percent.  As the creature heals, it's also training.  In the case of cows, they start hitting pretty hard to one another.  So you need to get the heal off quickly.  This should keep your creatures alive until you get high enough to perform the more difficult heals.

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post. You must register and post an acceptable introduction to download
skillgain_veternary3.txt
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:32:27 AM by TrailMyx »
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: TrailMyx's Cross-healing Veterinary Trainer
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 09:35:44 AM »
+1
Oops, had a cut/paste error in the time left computation.  I'm training Vet now, so I caught it.  I didn't even change the version number, but whoever downloaded should delete the version they have and grab the one currently posted.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 11:25:26 AM »
+1
And since I like to state the totally obvious, once you have your skill all trained up, you can use this script to train a pair of pets. 

Also, if you look at how this script is written, it would be pretty easy to pull out the healing elements and use them for pet healing and general farming.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +205
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 12:59:03 PM »
+1
Awesome man! My vet is already 120 but I was getting tired of cross healing while training my raptors Slice and Dice!

EDIT Just to save others some time and aggravation, don't be an dumb ass like me and  put the health bars of both pets together. I had everything going great but I guess from when I first started and then stopped and restarted, it read the two health bars as one pet, not two. It was only healing one of them. Once I separated the bars and restarted, I had no issues. Gotta Keep Them Separated!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 01:21:33 PM by Crisis »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 02:08:19 PM »
+1
Oh yeh, that's a must.  It messes up the container size otherwise and also the scoring.  If you like that one, I need to post my fighting pet healer.  I have a couple issues to clean up with it, but I use it to train CUs and keep'em alive from the large peckers the Swoops have.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Oracle barely matters.Oracle barely matters.
  • We always want something that we cannot have...!
  • Respect: +97
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 09:11:01 AM »
+1
Hi Trailmyx,

I am using your Script as intended to train up Vet from 50 plus.  I am using two cows to fight each other, as suggested.  I even started my own guild (changes their health bars from blue to green).  Problem is that 5-10 minutes after starting the script, one of the cows' health bars turns blue and the two cows stop attacking each other.  One time I came back to the screen, after making a sandwich' and I was logged out due to 'no activity', so I run a separate open backpack loop to stay logged in.  I found that if I say "All Guard Me" the health bar turns green again and they continue fighting. 

Is there a way to add the phrase "All Guard Me" into the script and have it loop every so often or do I add the phrase to the backpack loop script?

Will also use this script as a Pet Trainer. (Great idea)!  Thanks for writing this Script and making a mundane task (as are most skill training in UO) so much easier.  I really appreciate your Scripts!

Oracle
ORACLE
Get me a Straw...because I suck...!
PIXEL CRACK -- Love it! Crave it! Want it! Got to have it!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 09:22:51 AM »
+1
Sure, just put in a counter than looks for a time expiration, and then says "all guard me".  Easy peasy!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 10:50:50 AM »
+1
Oh yeh, that's a must.  It messes up the container size otherwise and also the scoring.  If you like that one, I need to post my fighting pet healer.  I have a couple issues to clean up with it, but I use it to train CUs and keep'em alive from the large peckers the Swoops have.

Did you ever end up posting the fighting pet healer? I had forgotten all about this.

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 05:15:53 PM »
+1
TM,

I understand, but how do I get it to loop?

What does that look like?

Oracle
ORACLE

Offline The Ghost

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.The Ghost is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +245
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 05:17:56 PM »
+1
until add it to his build,   since you are running a second window to open the main pack just all a few line to told you pet to guard you.

or you can maybe add something like this
Code: [Select]
  menu set EUOEdit3 #RESULT
  }

if #sCnt > %timer + 300
  {
    event macro 8 1
     wait 20
    Event macro 3 0 all guard me
    set %timer #sCnt
  }
  until #FALSE
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:29:56 PM by The Ghost »

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 09:39:57 PM »
+1
Did you ever end up posting the fighting pet healer? I had forgotten all about this.

I finished that a while ago, but never posted it.  I never really thought it was good enough to post publically, but I sure do use it alot on RB.  Seems pretty solid.  I might post it in the Elite section if you'd want to play with it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.4%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 09:42:02 PM »
+1
That would be much appreciated. I have a lot of new pets now that need training. I am not sure if I like this pet revamp or not but the new tamables are nice.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 10:06:18 PM »
+1
That would be much appreciated. I have a lot of new pets now that need training. I am not sure if I like this pet revamp or not but the new tamables are nice.

Oh yes, I've trained up a whole stable full of CUs with this script, plus I use it to automate the honor absorption so I can utilize my stealth-taming of greater CUs on Rebirth.  I'll post it in the Elite section; would be interested to see how it works.  It's supposed to handle more than 1 tame, but I don't think I ever tested that.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 05:11:58 PM »
+1
I posted my pet healer in the Elite section for you to play with.  It's pretty basic, but does the job.  My swoop farming is nearly automated with it.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Oracle

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 10:08:26 PM »
+1
I posted my pet healer in the Elite section for you to play with.  It's pretty basic, but does the job.  My swoop farming is nearly automated with it.

TM,

Hmmm...You have the Script here in the Public Section and then you post an update to it in the Elite Section.  Why?  To tease us?  Why not post an update to this one here?  I know I would appreciate it!
ORACLE

Tags: TrailMyx skill