0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Croaker2 has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
new guy
« on: October 06, 2020, 06:41:33 AM »
I saw Ultima in 97 at my friends house, his brother was playing it. I did not have a computer yet, so had no way of playing. Thought yea, that looks cool. Then in 98 got my first windows computer, an HP with AOL.. LOL...another buddy had already bought Ultima and gave me his copy to download if i remember correctly.

I remember when i first made that account and selected Napa Valley. I didn't have UOAM, Easyuo or any other programs.. i was a total noob. I actually tried to talk to an npc thinking it was another player.. lol  I was walking around Brit and a guy saw me, and gave me a horse and 1k. I had no clue how to make gold or anything, and my buddy who played quit the next week, so i was alone.. I created a mage, but with no gold and a partial spell book i was stuck.. So i made another char and gave him Lumber and Bowyer skills.. His name was Flick.. I would chop wood and kill birds to make arrows selling them to npc for 3g each.. I met up another guy who was doing same and we walked around forests together chopping trees and killing birds.. lol

Once i got enough gold to buys some regs and a full spell book i started progressing with my mage char.. but decided it was easier to kill stuff with weapons so made that char a tank mage. Hung out in despise for a long time killing Ettins and lizard men. Using gold to buy regs to practice magery for skill gain... I remember the first time i cast and my first gate.. i was so excited.. haha I met a guy who co-owned me to his small house in Occlo south west shore as he was going to Korea and wasn't going to be able to play.  My first small house was in Yew close to the moongate.

I played Napa until about 2001 when another friend of mine started playing, so we both made chars in Great Lakes.. His Mage was Roland Desdain, and fighter was Luis Chama. My mage was Blue Wanker and fighter was Perrin Annubarra. Oh the fun we had on that shard... We both worked for same company as tech support that had a T1 connection, they let us dl the game there so we would stay late and play. Also go up on weekends to play too. That was when we got into PVP with that connection. I had a GM poisoner and i would poison our Vanq Kats, and we would go out and wreak havoc.. After he quit in 2002 or so i moved back to Napa Valley and created an archer named Croaker. I started a guild of archers, though it never got very big, 10 members at its largest if i recall.

In 2002 i met a woman and started dating her pretty heavily which limited my play time, and the we had a kid in 2003, so that limited my playing even more, pretty much logging on to refresh my house. I ended up quitting in 2004 or 2005. Got the itch in 2009, and saw that there were free shards.. joined one that was created by a guy in game named Red Squirrel.. But he ended the shard after about a year.. I didnt play again until 2017 when i joined Excelsior. A pretty good shard.. I recently joined a new shard that i have been playing a lot, so as a noob again i been needing scripts.. My current shard is no skill cap so i dont really have a specific char type..i am getting all skills.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 07:42:43 AM by Croaker2 »

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
Re: new guy
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 06:46:39 AM »

A Very Warm Welcome!

Our only requirement to be part of this site is for new members to write a good and thoughfull introduction.

Before we will unrestrict you - you need to tell us a lot more!

Please greatly expand your introduction and tell us about yourself and your UO life.

Look at the sticked examples if you need insight.
I think you will find the effort required to write a four or five paragraphs will pay off with this community!

(Use a translator program if you feel you can not write in english.)

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 01:45:55 PM »
Welcome to SUO! Thanks for your introduction - restricted status lifted - feel free to enjoy all the benefits of the site!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 02:18:55 PM »

Thanks for your introduction, we hope you enjoy all the benefits of the site!

WELCOME!

Tags: