Author Topic: Whammy  (Read 76083 times)

Offline craigtothed

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • craigtothed has no influence.
  • Respect: +3
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Whammy
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2010, 10:40:28 PM »
+1
I use a "tabber" (dont know what others call it) but it just cycles through the mobs and double clicks them for you getting their attention. (quickly i might add, i have my wait set to 5 or 10 between clicks) With a hit area wep and whirlwind attack i do a pretty good job of cleaning up spawns. the whirlwind and bushido do a ton of damage all by themselves and the hit area will go off 4 or 5 times in a fair radius. bout the only time i have to back off a bit is on level 4 when things get a bit more hairy.  ;D

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2010, 04:08:56 AM »
+1
Just finishing my Swammy (Sampire or Whammy template) and wanted to make a comment.

Hit Lower Defense.

I was working on getting my Mace N Shield glasses and didn't have HLD on the char. I was having trouble with just about everything, even while using constant Lightning Strike.

I just got my MnS Glasses (HLD 30%) and have noticed a dramatic difference in how the char is able to handle monsters.

This type of char relies on hitting to survive. You have limited healing methods available, and leech health/mana is critical. To leech you need to hit. That means 3 things.

#1 - Ability to Hit: Hit Lower Defense and Lightning Strike.

#2 - Stamina: Keep it near max. If your hits slow, your heals and mana replenishment slows.

#3 - Defense: Don't get hit. Max Parry and Bushido, use a swampy (if Sampire), get 70 DCI so you can use Divine Fury and not suffer a Hit Chance penalty, or use Stamina Potions to keep swing speed up.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2010, 08:05:28 AM »
+1
You should go reread the "thoughts about my script" thread.  I think you and I talked about all this somewhere before. :)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2010, 08:11:59 AM »
+1
Yep, want to cover all bases.

Couldn't believe the difference once I got HLD on the char, night and day really.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2010, 08:17:04 AM »
+1
Yep, want to cover all bases.

Couldn't believe the difference once I got HLD on the char, night and day really.

Absolutely night and day.  You need to have it on your weapon or glasses.  Period.  Not an option.  And if you're a whammy, all you really need is hit lower defense and hit stamina leech.  That's it.  And a fast weapon if you're not doing a lot of damage. :)

Offline barginy

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • barginy has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2011, 08:40:06 AM »
+1
Is the Whammy still effective or did they nerf it with only leeching the mana in the monsters pool?

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2011, 08:42:38 AM »
+1
Whammy's are the way that these throwers are taking down Slasher solo. They are still VERY good chars.

I run 2-3 archers in wraith form for doing champs and such. Even with only 20 SS (from human) I have a LOT of mana coming back in. And as a human you only need some items to help you cast Wraith Form, then remove the items and your 20 JOAT you maintain form.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2011, 02:40:01 PM »
+1
I built a whammy just for fun, and found him to be damn invincible against destard spawns.

120 mace
100 parry
90 tact
120 bushido
40 necro
65 chivalry
80 spirit speak
105 resist

Black staff:
Hit area
Hit stamina
Slayer
Swing
Damage

Armor:
Mace and shield
Faction carapace
Faction fey leggings
Conjurers trinket
Spell focusing sash
Crimson
Ssi cloak
Heartwood gorget ( hci, resist, 8 lmc, 2 mr, 8 mana)
Heartwood arms ( di, resist, 8 lmc, 2 mr, 8 mana )
Heartwood sleeves ( di, resist, 8 lmc, 2 mr, 8 mana )

Ring:
15 resisting spells
8 dex
15 hci
15 dci
2 damage increase

Brace:
15 resisting spells
7 dex
15 hci
15 dci
6 damage increase

I could lose the dex and pick up more damage increase, and debating about dropping mana regen for hit point increase. Still a work in progress.

I will stand on the altar level four and just kill everything without flinching. At destard :)
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Goliath

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Goliath has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2011, 03:07:34 PM »
+1
I am bringing my thief.. LOL  Just kidding ;D

I wonder if switching out mace for throwing would be good?

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2011, 03:26:38 PM »
+1
I built a whammy just for fun, and found him to be damn invincible against destard spawns.

120 mace
100 parry
90 tact
120 bushido
40 necro
65 chivalry
80 spirit speak
105 resist

I've got one that is very similar.  I dropped parry to 60 so I still get the mana discount for specials, and bumped up my chiv and spirit speak to 100.  30 second curse weapon spells are nice.

Offline viniciusxis

• Activity:
    0%
  • viniciusxis has no influence.
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2011, 09:36:52 AM »
+1
bumping this thread a little bit
i wanna build a new char and i thought that maybe a thrower whammy would be fun
what i want it mainly is to solo bosses and stuff, so i'd like tips to whats best to be doing right now, templates and item builds
i have m&s, some gold and right now i'm doing the acid renewd nonstop trying to get a berserkers
halps? thx :)

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 26, 2011, 10:10:53 AM »
+1
120 Throwing
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Necro
50 SS

That's right off the top of my head but should work well. You could go Whammy or Sammy with that. You might not need the SS at all.

Offline kamphine

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • kamphine has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2012, 05:34:30 PM »
+1
120 Throwing
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
90 Healing
100 Necro
50 SS

That's right off the top of my head but should work well. You could go Whammy or Sammy with that. You might not need the SS at all.

You would have to have the SS because when in wraith if you didnt you wouldnt leach enough mana (personally iw ould put 15 on each jewel to get to 80). You dont want to have to have HML on your wep as a wraith and as a wraith you dont need HLL because of curse weapon so SS is very important.

Offline rwek

• Activity:
    0%
  • rwek has no influence.
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2015, 03:38:33 AM »
+1
As I've returned to game, I have gone from one thing to the next in a bit of random chaos.

My sampire is looking solid, finishing up his spawn weapons now.

My fisherman are getting the job done.

So I thought about trying a wraith thrower / whammy thrower.

Lots of varied suggestions on the web. With pros/cons.

What I can't sort out is certain publishes have changed a few things - so unable to tell which templates are the most viable.

The reply above shows high necro, is that needed for wraith form?

I was going to try this:

120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Bushido
120 Anatomy
100 Healing
70 Chivalry
40 Necro
30 SS (60)

Some of the things I read are monsters running out of mana, so you can't leach, where a HML weapon would still leach? Do I understand that right.  If all the focus is on wraith and you still need HML.....whats the point.

So w/ regards to suggesting high SS , is that 60 going to be enough?

In the end I guess it all depends on what you want to fight.  I'd like to make one more versatile than anything, maybe a backup DPS for my sampire (2nd account)

So if this wraith form is going to run dry on average stuff, maybe I dont want to make it.

Rolling this char today, unless you folks talk me out of it - any suggestions/tweaks to build would be nice.

Tags: