Author Topic: Maybe a Dumb question... How are transactions on the 200-500M range done>?  (Read 3433 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Ok... so I keep seeing Auctions for Shame items regularly going for 175+ Mill.  How are people doing these transactions?  It seems to me that it's probably 1 of the notable brokers on ATL or some such basically saying "Here you both trust me... so lemme give you this ITEM and you this gold" etc..   I'd think a vendor or 2 would be involved bc with just a shard shield that's what 300M max transfer?  Anyway curious!

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +85
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
I've done some extremely large sales over the past few months, including a couple over the 10 digit mark.  You have a few options really.

In the instance that either I know the buyer/seller, or if I know for certain that they are a trusted member of the trading community, I will simply toss a handful of apples on a vendor for 100m each and hand the item over once they are purchased. Definitely need to know who you are dealing with though so you don't make a huge mistake. Double check through ICQ or PM's that you are actually handing the item to the right character and so forth. 

Safest option is obviously to use one of the trusted brokers out there.  Some of which even offer their services for free.  I've used a couple different people in the past that myself and the person I was buying/selling to agreed upon.  All of my experiences were great with those I have used.

Third, but less popular option in my opinion is the item value trading method.  Have the person you are selling an item to buy X amount of Y item or items.  Say 10 xfer tokens at a 40m value each traded via the normal trade window for an item that is being sold for 400m.  While I don't think this is a completely bad method, I hate dealing with items that sometime change in value quickly.  So there is a tiny bit of a gamble involved.

I'm sure there are other ways out there, but these are the ones I'm familiar with.

Oh...and you can xfer a LOT more than 300m even via shard shields. ;)  Shhh, tis a secret!  heh

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
I've done some extremely large sales over the past few months, including a couple over the 10 digit mark.  You have a few options really.

In the instance that either I know the buyer/seller, or if I know for certain that they are a trusted member of the trading community, I will simply toss a handful of apples on a vendor for 100m each and hand the item over once they are purchased. Definitely need to know who you are dealing with though so you don't make a huge mistake. Double check through ICQ or PM's that you are actually handing the item to the right character and so forth. 

Safest option is obviously to use one of the trusted brokers out there.  Some of which even offer their services for free.  I've used a couple different people in the past that myself and the person I was buying/selling to agreed upon.  All of my experiences were great with those I have used.

Third, but less popular option in my opinion is the item value trading method.  Have the person you are selling an item to buy X amount of Y item or items.  Say 10 xfer tokens at a 40m value each traded via the normal trade window for an item that is being sold for 400m.  While I don't think this is a completely bad method, I hate dealing with items that sometime change in value quickly.  So there is a tiny bit of a gamble involved.

I'm sure there are other ways out there, but these are the ones I'm familiar with.

Oh...and you can xfer a LOT more than 300m even via shard shields. ;)  Shhh, tis a secret!  heh

hehe, i know this one!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
Hmmm......   Alright!  Some one fill me !    PM's  ??   bc now that you've said something eventually I brow beat it out of someone!   =P

Offline Endless Night

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!Endless Night is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +393
    • View Profile
so who are the trusted brokers these days... I havent used a broker in ages... last one i used I dont think exists anymore
Outlaw Josey Wales - "Manwink, A Long Gone Scripty, and Endless are always teasing us with their private sections lol. What there realy saying is scripters rule and users drool."
Briza - "Your a living breathing vortex of usefulness."

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
I've thought a couple times about opening a broker service.  Just sounds more of a pain in the butt than anything else.  You'll never keep everyone happy.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
I used to broker deals for people. The method that i used to use was I had a spare account with a house on it. I get the money, lock it down, the trade is made and I transfer the house.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
What if the guy who your transferring the house to already has one.   I've honestly only had 3 houses in 15 years so I really don't know anything about the rules.  Woudln't accepting a new house mean your old one would fall?

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
What if the guy who your transferring the house to already has one.   I've honestly only had 3 houses in 15 years so I really don't know anything about the rules.  Woudln't accepting a new house mean your old one would fall?
Give him CoOwner rights and 1 Week time to take the item... after 1 Week kill the house..

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +100
    • View Profile
Give him CoOwner rights and 1 Week time to take the item... after 1 Week kill the house..

Yep, this as well. Generally people who would trade for this much I had found usually had spare accounts without houses however. But this method I have done a few times before also.

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Tags: