Author Topic: Question about "Stump Hacks" / Fields etc  (Read 9919 times)

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Question about "Stump Hacks" / Fields etc
« on: November 01, 2010, 09:40:06 AM »
I'd like to know if anyone around here is familar with the specifics on how to do these things.  I've been doing my own for years now but I'm currently having a problem editing Tiledata.mul.     I'm using Mulpatcher v9.8, but when I look under the Tiledata (S) Tab I cannot seem to find Fields (poison / para / E-field etc) so that I can UNCHECK the "animation" square.  I do  have the correct hex address as well it just doesn't seem to exist when I load tiledata.mul & check under Tiledata(S) Tab.  It was my understanding that once you replace all various field artwork with your own "tile" fields that unchecking the "Animation" cuts down on the work your video card is doing.  (That true?)   Just wondering if Anyone else knows how to go about what I'm trying to do.  THX.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Question about "Stump Hacks" / Fields etc
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 11:31:29 AM »
There used to be an all-in-one patcher that worked pretty well back when we ran another site (uocoders).  When the owner of that site went bat$hit crazy, he took that with him.  Unfortunately, nobody has stepped up with a viable alternative.  I can't speak to it since I've never used that "hack".  I like my trees with branches and squirrels - thank you.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 11:34:04 AM »
Fields got turned into colored tiles (much easier to target), trees to stumps, more passable objects (bag balls, headstones), Dragons to NPC's (much easier to see around them)

It'd be very cool if someone stepped up and put out something similar.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 12:01:16 PM »
I had an all-in-one patcher that I posted for the Elites for a little while, but I haven't had time to update it for every patch. It's painfully tedious work with no reward (not that I care about the reward part) and I just dont have time for it  :-[
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 01:16:10 PM »
Hmmm... maybe I could chat with you Maddog and start providing it. I have the program for editing everything and have done it before.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline AlphaTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 10
  • Alpha barely matters.Alpha barely matters.
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »
I had an all-in-one patcher that I posted for the Elites for a little while, but I haven't had time to update it for every patch. It's painfully tedious work with no reward (not that I care about the reward part) and I just dont have time for it  

So from what you said can I assume your familar with how to do it all then?  It appears to me that some things changed when the high-seas booster came out and now simply checking the "passable" box isn't an option anymore for things like bagballs etc..   I can't seem to find them in the tiledata.mul etc which is the problem.   The all in one patcher is very nice etc, but I'm reading up on the process & your very right with how long it takes to do that.

@Manwinc...  heh Well if you can tell me what the deal with Tiledata.mul is I'm good from there.  There's some epic tutorials on animation stuff over on RunUO, but I haven't seen any on FieldHax / Passables heh.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 05:21:59 PM »
@Manwinc...A guildmate of mine provided me with the mul/art files each patch (whenever he got around to doing it), then I used a program called Inno Setup along with WinRAR to make a self-extracting, auto-executing install program that would copy the files to the appropriate directory (as specified by the user) and it also copied all the current files into a backup folder within the UO directory. Look in the elite section under SUO Elite Patcher (or something like that). I'm sure we can start doing it again if we can get a team to do it (makes it a heck of a lot less work for everyone involved)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 01:53:29 PM »
I'd sure like to know that file/address for "always light".
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline jtw1984

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • jtw1984 has no influence.
  • Danger is my Middle Name
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 08:44:54 PM »
Hey Alpha,

I do my own stumps and field mods. Besides the regular energy, poison, and paralyze field mods I also go a step further and change twigs to red squares and rocks to red squares. This allows for easier fielding in Despise plus you don't get caught up on twigs (most the time) when running threw a jungle setting.

Honestly, most people use stumps and turned off animations back in the day when computers were not so great. Now and days most standard piece of crap computers run Ultima perfectly. So unless you have some 2000 generic computer then the animations shouldn't be that big of an issue.

I'll be more than happy to help you if you pm me your ICQ. I won't be back home until Sunday or Monday night, but I'll get with ya whenever I return home.

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 04:48:47 AM »
A lot of fields can still be pretty taxing, even on a decent computer. It'd be nice if there was a form of this so called "hack" available that could be easily toggled off and on.

Offline Kalaka

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Kalaka has no influence.
  • Respect: +25
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 06:50:59 AM »
I know how to do this and have a few times before for myself.. I'll look into something to release for here if I can remember the program name and such.

Offline cdavbar

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • cdavbar has no influence.
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 10:12:13 AM »
I to use to do my own tree/stump work.   The problem was never my computer but the connection i had at the time.  These days i use the EC for everything unless Im running a script.  The EC is just so much nicer to work with. 

I wish the OP luck on his quest to do this.  It took A LONG time of going through each line, changing things and such.

Also with the right stuff, you can be GODLY with these hacks.  I was able to go through fields and not get damaged, or paralyzed.  Very very nice in fel but you get page on like a bitch really fast lol.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »
Most of the questions in this thread can now be found in

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=6797.0

Tags: