Author Topic: What is the best way to put together a garg mage suit  (Read 2356 times)

Offline _C2_Topic starter

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +254
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
What is the best way to put together a garg mage suit
« on: September 17, 2011, 08:08:28 AM »
man those necklaces and and earrings are awful!

I am looking for the best way to piece together a gar mage suit without imbuing much if any resist.  and examples out there?

Offline Canuker

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Canuker has no influence.
  • Respect: +37
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best way to put together a garg mage suit
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 09:53:40 AM »
The earring slot can be used with faction glasses so the 25 DCI ones fit nicely and for a necklace most people seem to use the pendant.  You don't have to use garg rings or bracelet either, normal ones fit just fine.  For my gargs I just used excel to make a spreadsheet for each slot and did a =60 or 70 -(sum of the six slots) and found that I didn't have to add resist.  That said I've only made dexxers and used verite to make a necklace so that added 5 points on average to each resist.  The pendant should work fine I bet if you burn enough leather. 
Nope!  I'm doing what all the real PvPers do:  Scripting everything except the running away part!  I'm real good at that already...

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 10:08:32 AM »
In theory, you shouldn't need to burn any resists, and can do purely mods for the suit. I'm trying out a new Mystic Weaving Thrower and the suit is going to be hell Since I need even MORE mods on top of the standard mage ones, but we'll see!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 10:23:41 AM »
I figuredvthe in theory part but have not done too well with it yet.  Anyone want o postntheirbpieces just so I can see  it accomplished.  I was toying with the mantle of the fallen and wizards glasses but just not enough resists there

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • RIP Pen Trick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 11:54:12 AM »
how much stam regen needs to be in the suit.... 3?

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 03:03:06 PM »
All 70's suit = 350 Resists
4 pieces of barbed at 62 resists a piece = 248
Difference 102

Necklace 30
Earrings 30 ( 50 if you use night eyes, 60 if you use Folded Steel)

Left to Imbue
12 if you use folded Steel
42 if you use Earrings
22 if you use Night Eyes

Your Best bet for simplicity is to use the Folded Steel and the Orny, It would be possible to hit all 70's without imbuing any resists.
If you don't use the orny then craft necklaces with 1 resists at minimum. If you don't know what the minimums are, craft a non exceptional one and those are the minimum for each category. Then Craft 20 Blanks of each other slot of armor, and use the Armor COmbiner and bam, you have a suit.

Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 06:54:59 PM »
I lost a private bet with myself.  It took manwinc three posts longer than I expected to answer =P

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 10:07:25 PM »
That tends to happen when I am stuck at work for 11 hours, cooking on a saturday night with 3 weddings going on simultaneously and a bar on the fourth floor.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Tags: