Author Topic: LCD, Plasma, DLP... Oh my!  (Read 2764 times)

Offline CervezaTopic starter

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
LCD, Plasma, DLP... Oh my!
« on: June 08, 2009, 09:40:55 AM »
We might be in the market for a ~46" television this summer. I have limited knowledge about these, but have been reading some.

So far, it's looking like LCD HD for us. Something with a 120HZ for the 4ms refresh rate. My son will be playing console games on it, and the Plasma's can suffer burn-in.

We checked some out at a place nearby, the salesman was kinda pushing us towards this Sharp LC-46E77U.

So... anyone an audiophile who can fill me in on some of this stuff? Recommend a good web site to compare models?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Xclio

• Officially "The MAN"
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Xclio has no influence.
  • Respect: +56
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: LCD, Plasma, DLP... Oh my!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 11:42:07 AM »
If you can afford it go with LED, they are just hitting the market so their prices are a bit high but they blow LCD out of the water.  If you are looking for the cheaper option then LCD is definitally a great buy there is no doubt about it.  I am personally a fan of the Samsung TVs right now as they are top notch.  Their prices are a about mid range last I checked.

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +165
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
Re: LCD, Plasma, DLP... Oh my!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 11:02:44 PM »
LCD is definitely the best option right now. LED is just waaaay too expensive so far. In terms of brands, stick with Samsung, LG, Sony, or Panasonic. I personally am a fan of the Samsung's these days, but I got to play around with a 52" Sony recently and the on screen menus as well as the ability to mix/match audio and video inputs was pretty crazy! 120Hz is definitely the way to go (240Hz can't even be seen by the human eye) and of course 1080P for anything over 37".

If you have any questions, just PM me! I know pretty much anything you'd probably want to know about them!
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Tags: