Author Topic: Iron Clad  (Read 2925 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Iron Clad
« on: September 29, 2011, 10:49:25 PM »
Watched this the other night streaming on netflix and was pleasantly surprised. Some graphics battle scenes and Siege warfare which is how I like my movies.

No cheesy flying in the air scenes like I'm seeing in all these movies coming out the past few years since Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

That's why I really loved John Milius's Conan the Barbarian and John Boorman's Excalibur (Which I consider the 2 greatest Sword and Sorcery Films Ever) because they weren't phony in their battle scenes. Iron Clad while not quite on that level of those, nothing is, was very good and worth watching.

Brian Cox was in the film if anyone is a fan of him (Troy, Braveheart)

Based on an events surrounding the Magna Carta.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +144
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Clad
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 05:43:50 AM »
I enjoyed the movie very much myself. Watched it about a month ago. I also enjoyed the fighting scenes and siege scenes also. What did you think about those sappers. the only part about that is I do not believe you could dig a tunnel that fast and without being seen that close to a castle in the middle of no where, but still enjoyed it full force.

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 08:01:55 AM »
I enjoyed the movie very much myself. Watched it about a month ago. I also enjoyed the fighting scenes and siege scenes also. What did you think about those sappers? the only part about that is I do not believe you could dig a tunnel that fast and without being seen that close to a castle in the middle of no where, but still enjoyed it full force.

Yea I've never heard of Sapper's Fire prior to Iron Clad it's pretty innovative thinking. Goes to show I don't know my medieval history as much as I think I do. "All's Fair in Love and War..."

Offline J E T S

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • J E T S has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 09:24:07 PM »
I enjoyed this movie. Powerful performances. The best scene for me was when John was lecturing cox about how and why he is the king before he cut off his limbs and put him in the catapult. It's a perfect example of the human element of what was meant to be pure and noble.

Tags: